• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
very last minute development, no date given for release date

Hey everyone!

This is definitely not an announcement we ever wanted to make but we want to be as transparent and honest as possible with you all. While working on our Nintendo Switch port of Coromon, we ran into some unexpected snags when it comes to online features and cross platform multiplayer. We want to make sure that the experience we bring to you all on Switch is going to be the best that it can be, and in order to do this, we have to delay the Switch launch. We're hopeful that this delay won't be too terribly long, as we know that you all are very excited to play Coromon on the go and against your friends/other researchers.

With all of that being said, we will still be launching on Steam this Thursday, March 31! The Steam build will include multiplayer and cross platform saves. Your saves from the Steam demo will also be able to be transferred over to the full version of the game. Once we do launch on Switch you will be able to play cross platform. We can't wait to bring Coromon to Nintendo Switch, so we are working around the clock to get it there and will update you all once we have a new release date.

Thank you all for your support and patience with us. Shine bright!

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Hopefully it uses NPLN or something.
If it's crossplay, NPLN wouldn't be it as you can't use that outside the Switch (for obvious reasons).
But it does make me wonder what they are using. I've personally had no issues with Playfab and Azure, though with a decidedly no-frills implementation, the problem may not have anything to do with the multiplayer itself but their matchmaking. Or maybe just some kind of policy issue? It's easy to forget something specific with parental controls on top of everything else you need to do.

Basically the problem could be anything really. :V

PonyStation

Banned
May 24, 2019
That's the ugliest text I've ever seen. Do they expect only people with 20/20 vision to be able to read it?

I can read it just fine, but I showed my mom and she gave up on trying