• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
A security camera aimed at a road intersection in a southwest Detroit neighborhood captured the moment when a pair of alleged and unidentified MSP officers in an unmarked Jeep Patriot ignored a stop sign and unlawfully crossed the intersection. At that time, 27-year-old Carlos Martinez was driving down the one-way street in a red car when the MSP officer-driven vehicle crossed his path. As a result, the two vehicles collided, sending the Jeep spinning onto the sidewalk.

In the collision, Martinez reportedly suffered scratches and bruises, while the driver of the Jeep sustained a broken rib and collarbone; his passenger reportedly had undisclosed minor injuries. According to statements from Martinez's mother, who was riding with her son, the MSP officer began trying to intimidate them instead of check on their wellbeing.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/28865...p-sign-cause-crash-and-arrest-innocent-driver

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my man hasn't even stood up before the cops come over and arrest him, smh

fortunately it was on video, this time

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
What is the speed limit over there? That seems awfully fast to drive(Red car), especially in a neighborhood like that. Thank goodness no little kid(s) were crossing or around.

Seems like both are at fault but sadly only one of them will be reprehended.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

I'm glad there is video but I'm skeptical that it will help. Cops wonder why they have a bad reputation... well maybe if it wasn't to the point that this is so common and worse.... it's common for the cop to get away with shit like this (like even having video proof isn't a good sign that the innocent person is going to get vindicated because it's a cop and they protect their own). HOnestly, even if we saw that bad cops had consequences (abusing power like this got him fired for example) I'd bet their reputation would be vastly better.

As is, it just shows how corrupt the whole system is. I'm sure there are good cops. But from what I understand they either leave quickly or learn to be quiet and mind their own business because there are bad consequences for them standing up and saying something (and sometimes from what I understand it isn't just losing your job but worse). The problem is the whole fucking system. Doesn't matter if there are good cops in it, the system itself is bad.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
The cop is obviously at fault, but holy shit that red car was going fast for what appears to be residential area.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm gonna go with both being at fault here. One runs a stop while the other seems to be speeding.

I'm going to guess that if the officer stopped and then moved forward there's still a very good chance the red car still hits them going at that speed.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Clearly speeding, but that's a ticket. The officer was at fault as well.

Would the accident have happened if the guy wasn't speeding? Or if the officer stopped?

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Guy in red car was going too fast, police run the stop sign in an unidentified car.. I personally think the police its more at fault here because of the way the guy was treated after. Imagine being in that situation, still experiencing the shock and adrenaline from that big crash and suddenly someone wants to arrest you, fuck that.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah seems they are both at fault (jeep more so). Red car looks like it's speeding.
The red car was obviously speeding too.

sure, but who cares? Putting aside entirely that the cop blew a stop sign, their reaction to just arrest the guy is wrong and nothing more than a power trip at best. People cause accidents by speeding every day. You exchange info and move on with life. They didn't even talk to him first

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
The police ran a stop sign.

That is a more immediate danger to everyone than some kid driving over the speed limit. They didn't even do a brake check at the stop sign.

Also, that car is bright red, you can't "miss it" even if they had stopped.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Guy in red car was going too fast, police run the stop sign in an unidentified car.. I personally think the police its more at fault here because of the way the guy was treated after. Imagine being in that situation, still experiencing the shock and adrenaline from that big crash and suddenly someone wants to arrest you, fuck that.
That's when you are most vulnerable, still feeling the aftermath of the impact.

Pretty terrible of the cop to not even see if the person is hurt or maybe call an ambulance and save the arrest/ticket after. The man could have endured whiplash or something serious. Having them get out of the car and lay on the ground when they could have sustained injuries is wrong.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna go with both being at fault here. One runs a stop while the other seems to be speeding.

I'm going to guess that if the officer stopped and then moved forward there's still a very good chance the red car still hits them going at that speed.
He's supposed to stop, wait for other guy to clear intersection, then go.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sure, but who cares? Putting aside entirely that the cop blew a stop sign, their reaction to just arrest the guy is wrong and nothing more than a power trip at best. People cause accidents by speeding every day. You exchange info and move on with life. They didn't even talk to him first
"Sure but who cares?" I'd care if I lived in that neighborhood. The cop obviously shouldn't have ran past the stop sign, but that guy in the red car could have also easily killed somebody with how fast he was going. The idiot cop not stopping doesn't excuse the idiot in the red car.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Was there not a stop sign for the red car as well?

Cop ran the stop sign yea, also at fault.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
He's supposed to stop, wait for other guy to clear intersection, then go.

Yeah, I know. What I'm trying to say is that the guy seemed to be going so fast that the cops may not have seen them as they were making lots of distance in a small time.

The cops were still dicks for immediately arresting the guy, they didn't even check to see if he was ok.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Sure but who cares?" I'd care if I lived in that neighborhood. The cop obviously shouldn't have ran past the stop sign, but that guy in the red car could have also easily killed somebody with how fast he was going.

okay, let me rephrase -- what difference does it make in relation to the topic at hand?

Yeah, I know. What I'm trying to say is that the guy seemed to be going so fast that the cops may not have seen them as they were making lots of distance in a small time.

They never stopped to see him anyway

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting how people are claiming they are both at fault.

That explains why one got arrested, and the other will get no punishment whatsoever.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Finding reasons to blame "both sides" here is fucking mind blowing.

People realize that not every situation is Charlottesville right?

Just putting "both sides" in scare quotes isn't a good argument.

For the accident itself both drivers do share some blame. However the arrest was 100% improper and abuse of power.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
holy fuck that red car looked like it was going fast as fuck. The cop is at fault but screw anyone who goes that fast in a residential area too.

Oct 29, 2017
Finding reasons to blame "both sides" here is fucking mind blowing.

...or its just calling it like it is. Several things can be true at once

-The red car was hauling ass in a residential and has partial blame

-The cop in the SUV is more at fault for obviously running the stop

-They shouldn't have arrested the guy.

The constant calls from some for nothing but black and white evaluations of situations here is whats fucking mind blowing.

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
If the cops were doing their job they would have stopped at the sign, noticed the dude going way too fast and would have given him a hefty ticket

Should the dude in the red car have been going that fast? Hell no. But this accident is 100% the cops fault for not even slowing down at the stop sign

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
okay, let me rephrase -- what difference does it make in relation to the topic at hand?
It's all part of the same topic. I generally hate cops because I do feel like nothing "bad" will ever happen to them regardless of what they do to an innocent civilian, but the dude in the red car speeding out of his mind didn't help either. Your "who cares" thing is pretty insensitive when you consider kids like to play outside. One of my closest friends lost a child to a speeding car in a similar situation to this, so I don't really need you to tell me "who cares." If you only want to blame this shitty cop go ahead, cop deserves it, but the idiot driving the red car shouldn't have been driving that fast either.

More than one thing can be true at once but a lot of people on this forum like to pretend that's impossible.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter if the other guy was speeding. When you have a stop sign you yield to oncoming traffic. Plus he didn't even stop at all.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
People realize that not every situation is Charlottesville right?

Just putting "both sides" in scare quotes isn't a good argument.

For the accident itself both drivers do share some blame. However the arrest was 100% improper and abuse of power.
One driver ran a fucking stop sign jesus christ why is this difficult? Even insurance companies know how to assign blame here.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Red car has right of way. Regardless of whether he is speeding or not, its the job of the person with the stop sign to stop and make sure it is safe before proceeding.

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
Cops should have stopped at the sign, then busted the guy for speeding. No accident, no arrest, everything would have been fine. But nah they have to drive and act like dicks.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of residential areas like this still have 35mph limits. Looks like the red car was doing 35-40mph.

Before people trip over themselves to both sides the situation we should figure out the speed limit here.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of assumption about how fast the red car was going. We have neighborhood streets with a speed limit of 35 here in town. Broadsiding a car at 35 could cause that kid of collision.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of assumption about how fast the red car was going. We have neighborhood streets with a speed limit of 35 here in town. Broadsiding a car at 35 could cause that kid of collision.

I don't think that is where the assumption comes from, rather it simply appears to be going way faster than every other car we see

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't doubt that the red car was speeding but the frame rate of the camera and the lack of other vehicles for context makes it impossible to know if that's 35mph or 65mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.