• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
aYWq262.gif

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Would be great if we get more little clips of characters making their way to Europa, building up to an avengers style gathering against a big bad

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Because it hasn't before and it won't again. This is the same thing that happens every time and it's not going to make a difference most of the people complaining will be back playing.
I'm just one player, but they've lost my money.
I love Destiny and have been there from the very beginning pre-alpha on Ps4. I love the lore and story, but man, i just cant keep playing a small variation of the game ive been playing for 7 years over and over. Its always 2 steps forward 1 step back with Bungie.
I'll watch streams and read about it, but financial-wise I just think im done.

Yes i full realize Bungie missing my $40 will bankrupt them....but I'm positive i'm not alone.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
So this expansion will still be "preparation" and then the war will be later? Ugh.

At least that character tease is cool in a fan service kinda way.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Drifter is such a boring character. I really can't think of any interesting character in Destiny - really one of the game's flaws.

With that said; I still can't wait to spend a month or two in the new expansion.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
God I hope it's not more gambit garbage.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I'm not making that mistake again I barely played any of the annual pass. Looking forward to the expansion though I'm always happy to have new story missions in Destiny.

Yeah I'm looking forward to a new expansion, especially since its not another rehashed area from D1. I dont even know what besides the exotic quest were season pass only over the last year. Best part of the season pass for me was the mats to MW stuff but with sun setting I'll never do another set of armor so thats pointless too.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
With all the jokes I make about Gambit I really did like it at the start, always can hope they fix some of the issues (power lvl adv, weapons, spawning, wall hack, ect). Also add some fucking maps for god sake.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just one player, but they've lost my money.
I love Destiny and have been there from the very beginning pre-alpha on Ps4. I love the lore and story, but man, i just cant keep playing a small variation of the game ive been playing for 7 years over and over. Its always 2 steps forward 1 step back with Bungie.
I'll watch streams and read about it, but financial-wise I just think im done.

Yes i full realize Bungie missing my $40 will bankrupt them....but I'm positive i'm not alone.
It's good that you are not going to support it if you don't want to but i'm positive that sales are not going to be impacted at all and that's not a slight on you, it's because this same type of thing is said constantly especially on places like destiny reddit and than it doesn't matter. The game still has enough good things about it that I and many others want to support it. I hope you change your mind but I've heard destiny is dead so many times that's why it's lost meaning (I don't mean from you)

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
My hope for the expansion is just more streamlined progression.

They course corrected way too much from the simplified progression they had in Destiny 2 at the beginning. Now it's a mess. If I picked up the game right now I wouldn't even know where to start to progress and I have so many unfinished quests that I don't know if they are worth or not. For a loot game that shouldn't be as hard as it is currently.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Give me an easy to get into returning player experience for once and I'll be back for real. Don't lock me behind 2 month long quests as a returning player and make new weapons actually good so I don't have to go back to get those long quest weapons.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They course corrected way too much from the simplified progression they had in Destiny 2 at the beginning. Now it's a mess. If I picked up the game right now I wouldn't even know where to start to progress and I have so many unfinished quests that I don't know if they are worth or not. For a loot game that shouldn't be as hard as it is currently.
I agree they definitely need to fix that. It's something that they have talked about and hopefully they fix asap

May 19, 2020

The game often seems to operate under the assumption that you are a career Destiny player that dutifully completes everything you are given. Structure and presentation of quests must be awful in the UI and otherwise if you are either new or are coming back after a break.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The game often seems to operate under the assumption that you are a career Destiny player that dutifully completes everything you are given. Structure and presentation of quests must be awful if you are either new or are coming back after a break.
This is my problem with the game, literally my main and ultimate issue as a player who's been wanting to return for about a year so far. Just way too daunting.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I agree they definitely need to fix that. It's something that they have talked about and hopefully they fix asap
The game often seems to operate under the assumption that you are a career Destiny player that dutifully completes everything you are given. Structure and presentation of quests must be awful in the UI and otherwise if you are either new or are coming back after a break.

One of the reasons I left was because progression just got too muddied at a point. I wasn't advancing my power level or getting any cool rewards.

Thinking of going back to this season (didn't play the current one) and I just fear the same will happen. The game feels very hostile to casual play right now.

May 19, 2020
One of the reasons I left was because progression just got too muddied at a point. I wasn't advancing my power level or getting any cool rewards.

Thinking of going back to this season (didn't play the current one) and I just fear the same will happen. The game feels very hostile to casual play right now.
For all of Vanilla Destiny 2's problems it rightly understood that repeated content should be simple. Do all your shit, get out, play something else. Now since all the changes they are catering to the Destiny 2 Discords and Reddits and making all this interminably long content for exotic guns that get nerfed anyway. Or bounties that are just a pain in the ass. Or an item economy that can be at best described as confusing. In other words they want people to be in the rat maze as long as possible.

It's very clear that Bungie panders to this audience because they have no weekend warriors left or an actual midcore audience that is normally the lifeblood of a service game. When you design a game for the minority of players you get what Destiny is now.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
For all of Vanilla Destiny 2's problems it rightly understood that repeated content should be simple. Do all your shit, get out, play something else. Now since all the changes they are catering to the Destiny 2 Discords and Reddits and making all this interminably long content for exotic guns that get nerfed anyway. Or bounties that are just a pain in the ass. Or an item economy that can be at best described as confusing. In other words they want people to be in the rat maze as long as possible.

It's very clear that Bungie panders to this audience because they have no weekend warriors left or an actual midcore audience that is normally the lifeblood of a service game. When you design a game for the minority of players you get what Destiny is now.

Yup, that's exactly how I feel. I know some people love that side of Destiny but I feel there's no balance. You are either in on all of that or you have the basic activities and bounties with terrible rewards.

I'm always hoping they can make parts of it more accessible but this last year was the opposite with all the FOMO on top of everything else.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
i still am hoping for a match made version of the Raid. lower stat loot and easier mechanics will be fine. i think this would really help progress the PVE game.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I love some Destiny raids, but lately they have gotten "plate spinning" to a ridiculous extent. Mechanically complex and reliant on communication is one thing, but stuff like Crown of Sorrow is way too far in the direction of juggling too much at once.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
i Dont have a group sadly! My clan stopped playing years ago. I joined the resetera discord but im a little socially anxious so i felt weird just asking people if they wanted to do a raid, especially an old one that everyone else has done at this point lol

There's some third party websites that help out. I haven't played in a while, but the community is generally friendly and helpful.

If you're on Xbox, use LFG. It's really easy to get in a group.