• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Btw this may be off topic but are all the DB movies considered canon?

Canonically we don't know.

Three of the DBZ movies could be canonically fit into the series. (Dead Zone, World Strongest, and Wrath of the Dragon). The rest have too many inconsistencey with the rest of the series.

The original DB movies could possibly.

The Super movies are considered canon by fans. The tv series tried to become the new canon, but people say that the movies is the proper way the arc went. Even the manga which is now ahead said the go watch teh Broly movie instead of retelling the arc.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Toriyama is all about dem food based puns.

Freeza (Freezer) rules over the Saiyans (yasai = fruit) who all have vegetable-based names.

His personal army are the Ginyu (milk) Special Forces, who are all named after dairy products.

The Saiyans massacred the other race who inhabited their planet, the Tsufur (furutsu = fruits)

So you have a Freezer who rules over the daily products and the vegetables, who killed all the fruits.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
CIYF8zw.jpg
Ahem...

tenor.gif

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
i think he's a little overdesigned tbh
the headspikes are a little much for me, especially when base cooler is so sleek

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Right? Shit was dope and had no reason o have that much hype. Best original movies addition. Period.

Golden frieza has grown on me, but hope its stop gap for even more fuckery and since he's clearly going to stay around.
I hate Golden Frieza so much. Feels so lazy on top of an ugly color scheme. I'd love for Frieza to get a form like this. Only thing is I think it would be best if we could see his face. Frieza's facial expressions are half his charm.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Canonically we don't know.

Three of the DBZ movies could be canonically fit into the series. (Dead Zone, World Strongest, and Wrath of the Dragon). The rest have too many inconsistencey with the rest of the series.
None of them fit. Not sure how you went into 2019 thinking those three films fit into the Canon.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
None of them fit. Not sure how you went into 2019 thinking those three films fit into the Canon.

Yo, dial back the sass.

I said 'Three of the DBZ movies could be canonically fit into the series' could being the keyword. I didn't say they were canon.

Also in terms of Dragon Ball canon that is entirely on eye of the beholder. For DBZ people say the manga is the canon while others would argue the anime (full and/or Kai) is. Fans of Super don't even know what is canon at the moment as they only take what has the better quality animation as canon; Movies, Anime, or the Manga as all of them just took Toryiama's notes and put them together in their own right.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Yo, dial back the sass.

I said 'Three of the DBZ movies could be canonically fit into the series' could being the keyword. I didn't say they were canon.

Also in terms of Dragon Ball canon that is entirely on eye of the beholder. For DBZ people say the manga is the canon while others would argue the anime (full and/or Kai) is. Fans of Super don't even know what is canon at the moment as they only take what has the better quality animation as canon; Movies, Anime, or the Manga as all of them just took Toryiama's notes and put them together in their own right.
What sass?

And it's not really a beholder thing. Like the other films, there are glaring inconsistencies that keep it from properly fitting in the timeline. It's not a TV vs Manga thing either. The movies contradict the show and the manga.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
It's a badass design. I'm not really even a fan of Cooler. The full transformation just plain looks cool.