• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
What are some baller ship designs that have featured in games? Can be any ship from any period in history or setting. If it can fit a person in it, it's a ship.

My pick, the Durandal from Xenosaga
tumblr-oguwkxc-REw1sh4myko1-500.jpg

Durandal-Flight.gif

Durandal-Dock.gif

Durandal.gif

Durandal-Attack.gif

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
latest

The R-9A Arrowhead. Compact, manoeuvrable, great cockpit, wide range of optional extras. That huge glass canopy makes it a treat to fly. While the base model is a little sluggish, your dealer can fit upgrades that make it, if anything, too fast.

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
G3OCS3Fl.jpg

The Normandy SR-2 in Mass Effect 2 and 3 are really sharp looking. I personally prefer the paint job of the cerberus ship, but both are great.
The engine design and overall shape of the ship are great. It's not the most daring or off-the-wall design, but it sure appeals to me.

Piloting it isn't exactly the most fun thing to do in the games, but you take what you can get.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 1 and 2 have some great ships, too many to show but just look up exotic ships for either game and you'll see some cool designs.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
G3OCS3Fl.jpg

The Normandy SR-2 in Mass Effect 2 and 3 are really sharp looking. I personally prefer the paint job of the cerberus ship, but both are great.
The engine design and overall shape of the ship are great. It's not the most daring or off-the-wall design, but it sure appeals to me.

Piloting it isn't exactly the most fun thing to do in the games, but you take what you can get.

I actually prefer the SR-1 because it's more proportional with the landing gears running the length of the ship.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Kinda more of a cute-toy feeling, but I've always liked the SS Dolphin from Pikmin.

When I was a kid, I wanted to have a model of it. With disassembling pieces.
latest

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
latest

latest

Baten kaitos dragons's ships

Which they pretty much recreated in Xenoblade Chronicles 2

latest

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Hoping that one above is from Eve Online otherwise I am not sure how it could be the GOAT if we don't know where it is from.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Elite Dangerous has some very interesting, even if relatively simple designs. I am partial to the Python, Anaconda and Imperial Clipper. Most are somewhat grounded designs, which are able to immediately communicate the main roles of a specific ship.
My explorer Anaconda:

1c31ffb9-ef4f-4342-9476-33154a8addd6_Thumbnail.PNG

I also found the Thargoid (alien species) to be extremely well designed. They look mysterious, organic, yet somehow credible.

latest

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Federal Corvette from Elite Dangerous:

gtshlphpmdu21.jpg

Powerful, simple, yet elegant.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I've always thought the Tiger's Claw from Wing Commander was cool.

Can't find a better picture of it quickly though, and I don't really feel like installing it and taking a better screenshot.
5JacJ22.png

Last known photograph...