• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GFdoom

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm lovin the visual style of this one. It's def' on my radar now!
No release date yet, but they say it'll come sometime this year for the usual systems PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC

Didn't know beforehand, but they have a Kickstarter page if you're interested
www.kickstarter.com

Squadron 51

Squadron 51 is the encounter between the magic of the motion pictures and the whimsical world of videogames.

Last edited:

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
It seems difficult to see what's happening. The plane also tilts up and down instead of moving up and down. I think that might be because of the realistic look.

Does look visually interesting. Can't deny that.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
...announcement trailer uploaded this week ?
The trailer literally said it won a prize in a convention in 2017 =P
(it is a brazilian game, i have been following it since that time xD)

like here is a 2018 trailer

www.youtube.com

Squadron 51 [Switch/XOne/PC] Teaser Trailer

Squadron 51 is a shoot'm up game where the player plays as Lieutenant Kaya in aircraft battles all around the world!

edit : loomiarts and whispergames .. i wonder if they changed publisher or something like that

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
That cut to the gameplay footage, fuuuuck :o

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
Im calling it, if there's a sequel it will be in technicolor.

It seems difficult to see what's happening. The plane also tilts up and down instead of moving up and down. I think that might be because of the realistic look.

I actually like that, i feel like im playing an atari game when the ships just slide to the direction you input in SHMUPS.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Have been following this game for years. Really hope it finally releases this year. It has the potential to be the best brazilian game ever made.

fwd-bwd

Jul 14, 2019
I just backed the game on Kickstarter. Hope they can deliver the goods:

www.kickstarter.com

Squadron 51

Squadron 51 is the encounter between the magic of the motion pictures and the whimsical world of videogames.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
It looks a little hard to see but I imagine on a huge sharp screen, it would be fine. I'm interested.

i sometimes have a hard time even seeing bullets on stuff like battle garegga and have to switch to the bullet hell blobs for better visual delineation.

this could just be a bad encode for the video too.

edit: just looked at the kickstarter footage-- way better looking.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

It is to look like he is being pulled on a string

if anything they should have went harder with this effect for the other stuff (like tilting the ufos more)

Oct 27, 2017
It's cool to look at for the length of the trailer, but I wouldn't want to play an entire game like that. Also, a STG with enemy projectiles that are the same color as the player's (and everything else) sounds like a nightmare.