• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This is such a cool guy, and funny (put sound on).

From the video:

This is Glen Cooney, he's living with Tourettes and ADHD, and is on a mission to bring awareness to both. Please check out his other content and fundraiser.

I was on my seat at the end.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tourette syndrome here. Diagnosed around the age of six. Yeah,...it sucks...like...bad.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
Reading up on Tourette's, there seems to be varying severity in its presentation. There's a surgeon in California who has Tourette's but he says he's able to control it/not feel it during surgery.

www.ktvu.com

Bay Area surgeon discusses living with Tourette syndrome, hopes to inspire others

For Dr. Wilson Tsai, the operating room has always been a special place. He is a board certified thoracic surgeon. Dr. Tsai says "my job primarily is to take out people's cancer. The most type of cancer that I operate on are lung cancers and esophageal cancer and I’ve actually developed the...

Can anyone with more experience/knowledge weigh in on this?

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
Reading up on Tourette's, there seems to be varying severity in its presentation. There's a surgeon in California who has Tourette's but he says he's able to control it/not feel it during surgery.

www.ktvu.com

Bay Area surgeon discusses living with Tourette syndrome, hopes to inspire others

For Dr. Wilson Tsai, the operating room has always been a special place. He is a board certified thoracic surgeon. Dr. Tsai says "my job primarily is to take out people's cancer. The most type of cancer that I operate on are lung cancers and esophageal cancer and I’ve actually developed the...

Here is some info from a streamer with Tourettes:

Her Tourettes faq playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJQIxTjKlqi7OTP2eNFFa7QRp4fyQDh4B

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017

www.ktvu.com

I grew up with Tourette's. The severity and manifestation vary widely from person to person, and for many the syndrome mellows out with age. I personally had a few noticeable vocal and motor tics as a small child that became easy to hide in my teens, and which have all but disappeared in my twenties. Right now it's pretty much indistinguishable from the occasional intrusive thought or random urge that anyone experiences.

But yeah, it's pretty common for people with Tourette's or similarly obsessive-compulsive adjacent disorders to be able to nearly eliminate it when zeroed in on a task. Usually you see it talked about in the context of sports, but it applies to a lot of activities that require full concentration.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
Here is some info from a streamer with Tourettes:

Her Tourettes faq playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJQIxTjKlqi7OTP2eNFFa7QRp4fyQDh4B

Thanks, I'll go through her videos

I grew up with Tourette's. The severity and manifestation vary widely from person to person, and for many the syndrome mellows out with age. I personally had a few noticeable vocal and motor tics as a small child that became easy to hide in my teens, and which have all but disappeared in my twenties. Right now it's pretty much indistinguishable from the occasional intrusive thought or random urge that anyone experiences.

But yeah, it's pretty common for people with Tourette's or similarly obsessive-compulsive adjacent disorders to be able to nearly eliminate it when zeroed in on a task. Usually you see it talked about in the context of sports, but it applies to a lot of activities that require full concentration.

Thanks for sharing that. Were you officially diagnosed and did you have to go through any therapy for it?