• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You play with mouse? ...Disgusting.
Totally deserved. XD
Oh, OK! So you gradually add more in as additional areas get added to the game, neat. Great to hear it's rolling out next week!

I like having achievements around as a personal record of my progress, even though I'm not the type of person to go for 100% in games any more.
Yeah it's gonna be fun! I have a lot of challenging achievements coming up.

May 5, 2018
No Turducken at the moment? Hmm. Well at least it's been noted for a potential future update.

Still loving the game btw. Though I've become kind of a perfectionist and felt obligated to restart when I either miss orders or give a bad order to try and get a good and silver. I've only gotten 1 good so far.

Also I think Crab Legs and Laulau are my favorite special orders.

Last edited:

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
whew that one burger level

I just about managed to get a perfect day on my first try, and I don't think I could do it again. Burgers are brutal in this game.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I think I prefer the second one's structure, but I'm loving this one as well. Just like the others, making the food is very satisfying, and coming up with menus has been fun, too.

I'm not too keen on how much emphasis this game puts on holding stations, and I think it would be more interesting of you could still receive SO orders while on a stop.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Uhm, excuse me?

unknown.png

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
It definitely caught me by surprise, haha. Also, noticed achievements were added to the game, but I'm guessing the code to award then is not in yet. I'm already trying to go for all golds, but having other goals will be nice.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Loved CSD, really loved 2 (I actually liked the stages structure more than the first), and I love the food truck idea. I have to wait for Switch though...

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely caught me by surprise, haha. Also, noticed achievements were added to the game, but I'm guessing the code to award then is not in yet. I'm already trying to go for all golds, but having other goals will be nice.
Yes, should go live later today!
Yeah I'm excited for the Switch port also, that'll be fun to do. :D

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
New patch: v0.55

"In case you think the game could get too easy, a reminder: all the content in the game is not even half of what's going to be available, and by using these modifiers I can really push the difficulty in the late game stages. 30 and 40 points, anyone? Muhahaha!"

giphy.gif

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
"My asshole is puckered right now,"

www.twitch.tv

FeliciaDay - Twitch

Actress, writer, author, internet native. You may know me from shows such as Supernatural or The Guild. Follow me here for gaming and community!!

Felicia Day is enjoying/struggling through this game at the moment.

May 5, 2018
Finally!

unknown.png

Burgers are the worst!
Nice. I don't think I could ever get a gold medal by doing burgers. I only got one from the 1st World Tour route and the key was to just cook Falafel and Pig's Blood Cake while doing special orders for Sausage and Sauerkraut, Laulau and Sambousek (Fried Meat or no meat pastry from the Middle East). Sambousek was the only food that required a second step after cooking (just type the right key for a sauce) whereas everything else was Control Key city for me to serve everything quickly!

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

I too saw the cartoon. It was more mild than I thought it would be.

Finally!

unknown.png

Burgers are the worst!
So, thinking about it, as a screencap post-day to show off online, this is just missing a way of listing out what foods you actually used. Even in icon form along the bottom, that would turn this screen into a great catch-all screenshot for cred for beating a hard day with a tough set of foods.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil

I too saw the cartoon. It was more mild than I thought it would be.

So, thinking about it, as a screencap post-day to show off online, this is just missing a way of listing out what foods you actually used. Even in icon form along the bottom, that would turn this screen into a great catch-all screenshot for cred for beating a hard day with a tough set of foods.

I think it would be cool to maybe have a second page with more stats, showing each food in the menu, as well how many each were ordered, the spread of quality, average time to prepare etc., but that might be way too much info for what this game is going for. But having the foods chosen for the menu show up would definitely be cool.

Nice. I don't think I could ever get a gold medal by doing burgers. I only got one from the 1st World Tour route and the key was to just cook Falafel and Pig's Blood Cake while doing special orders for Sausage and Sauerkraut, Laulau and Sambousek (Fried Meat or no meat pastry from the Middle East). Sambousek was the only food that required a second step after cooking (just type the right key for a sauce) whereas everything else was Control Key city for me to serve everything quickly!
I usually avoid them, except for the breakfast one, which is much easier. I honestly feel like the other burgers could be bumped from tier 2 to 3, considering they are the only food that I find difficult at the tier they currently are.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I'm loving this game. I also loved the other 2, so it was going to be easy to please me. I like the new menu planning. I try to only have one complicated menu item that you need to assemble, like burgers or gyros, and then quick items for the rest. I am excited to see the game evolve over the next few months as well. CSD is one of those games I like to play on and off when I get overwhelmed looking at my Steam library, and I know this third game will be in my regular rotation the next few months. Congrats on an awesome game chubigans

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
Having a bad time getting that achievement for South Dakota, Route D, Day 5. My menu has tamales and baked potatoes in the HS slots. The potatoes are actually pretty easy once you memorize the recipes (there's a base set of toppings every time, then optional chilli/ham depending on the recipe), but I keep tripping up on the tamale fillings. *shakes fist*

Sushi is terrifying. All that work for just 2 servings! Good lord I sure hope there isn't an all-sushi level.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Like the previous games, once you start to memorize the ingredients, it becomes a lot easier. The tricky part is how the letters change for ingredients, so it's just memorizing those key inputs. I could make sushi so fast in CSD2 once I memorized the key inputs.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thank y'all so much! I plan on a smaller patch before the weekend that adds a few more QOL (including points being displayed on the Day Complete menu) before I work on the big first content patch next week. Really having fun with the Early Access model so far, it is so less stressful.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Having a bad time getting that achievement for South Dakota, Route D, Day 5. My menu has tamales and baked potatoes in the HS slots. The potatoes are actually pretty easy once you memorize the recipes (there's a base set of toppings every time, then optional chilli/ham depending on the recipe), but I keep tripping up on the tamale fillings. *shakes fist*

Sushi is terrifying. All that work for just 2 servings! Good lord I sure hope there isn't an all-sushi level.
You havent lived until you gold medal all of Sushi Nest in CSD 2

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
You havent lived until you gold medal all of Sushi Nest in CSD 2
This comment made me fire up CSD2 to check, and wow, I actually did complete Sushi Nest with all golds. Probably with a lot of yelling and swearing... :D

But it feels way easier in CSD2 (in the earlier stages at least) because there are sides to keep the patience meter up. You just have to keep your head down and work your way through each order. In CSD 3 the patience seems to run out a lot faster.

May 5, 2018
So a random question but how many gold medals have you all gotten? I've gotten pretty good at certain recipes and have 26 gold medals right now. Still in South Dakota at the moment.

May 5, 2018
What's everyone's favorite tier 5 food to make. For me it's Tamales. All you got to do is type H, M and W in that order 6 times with sometimes a third ingredient between the corn meal and wrapping. Even with the addition of something like shredded chicken or spicy pork, I've found it really easy to memorize the order of the recipes and doing the recipe quickly 6 times.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
What's everyone's favorite tier 5 food to make. For me it's Tamales. All you got to do is type H, M and W in that order 6 times with sometimes a third ingredient between the corn meal and wrapping. Even with the addition of something like shredded chicken or spicy pork, I've found it really easy to memorize the order of the recipes and doing the recipe quickly 6 times.
Tamales are the one food I make the most mistakes with, haha. Can't differentiate between Spicy or Shredded most of the time, and that's 24 key presses wasted.

Lately I've been picking loaded potatoes for an easy 5. You can churn them out pretty fast; the recipes have a base set of ingredients SCVBJI and depending on the recipe you add A/H. I wouldn't try it in a zero-patience level though, the post-cook phase is a huge disadvantage.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
chubigans
My partner and I are really enjoy co-oping through the campaign. We already have 15h in the game! we are having a ton of fun. Thank you for taking the time to make such a great experience.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I'm loving the customization part of the game. The Cleaver and Whisk dolls are the cutest thing ever.

2482845A48FA8B093BDB58B4B3B7F0E48A5FB3D5

I assume there are plans to add even more stuff?

May 5, 2018

Bumping this thread because chubigans has some news planned at 2pm Pacific time most likely regarding CSD3. I'm hoping for 1.0 release date info (which should also mean dates for the console versions) but still curious to see what the news is.

May 5, 2018
A heads up, the iron cook speedway update released yesterday if anyone here is far enough in the game to try it out.