• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 5, 2018
Cook, Serve, Delicious 3?! has been in early access since January 29 this year. Its the 3rd installment in the Cook, Serve, Delicious series where this time the cooking is done on the road as you cook in a food truck serving Americans in a war ravaged America in the year 2042. Oh and Washington D.C. has flooded and Nashville, Tennessee is the new capital of America. In its Early Access phase the game has had additional territories to travel to, options to customize the interior of your food truck and new rival food trucks which have specific ways of messing up your cooking. The trucks range from hacking you menu where you can't see how many of a certain food to cook to one that will outright empty all of your cooked food in holding stations. Anyways with the additional content being added CSD3 is almost out of its Early Access state and its now aiming to get its 1.0 release on PC, Mac and home consoles (PS4, XB1 and Switch) this October. There's no concrete date in October but its announced that it'll release sometime that month. I've played this game in Early Access on Steam and its really freaking great. Looking forward to buying it again on Console. Anyway here's the launch trailer:

Actually, David Galindo (Chubigans) just posted on Twitter that CSD3 will be coming to XBOX One and Switch on October 14 while the PS4 version and an Amazon luna version should be expected to release in late October. Really exciting news!

Last edited:

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Been with the game sinc the first day it got on Early Access. My god, is the game tight AF and a challenge. i'm just trying to get my last gold medal and for that i've mastered the dak arts of the Deluxe Poutine, Tamales and the Big Potato.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
How do co-op work on PC? Do you need two controllers? Or are the keys mapped for 2p on one keyboard?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in a while but it's probably my favourite of the three just based on early access. Looking forward to the full release.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I haven't played in a while but it's probably my favourite of the three just based on early access. Looking forward to the full release.

David Galindo told in a stream that the full release won't include anything that is not now in the Early Access release. Just some bug fixes.

OP
OP
ScreamingMadden
May 5, 2018
How do co-op work on PC? Do you need two controllers? Or are the keys mapped for 2p on one keyboard?
I believe you can do two controllers as an option. I believe for keyboard it might need to be shared for co-op or one person can do the keyboard and the other can use a controller. I saw Dan Ryckert and his wife play this w/ Co-Op using 2 XBOX controllers so I know controllers are definitely an option.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
i'm just trying to get my last gold medal and for that i've mastered the dak arts of the Deluxe Poutine
man FUCK deluxe poutine oh my god

That could be a fun way to make your own co-op if your partner actually remembers which keys are theirs, lol.
But officially there are three control schemes:
  • P1 Mouse, P2 Keyboard
  • P1 Controller, P2 Mouse & Keyboard
  • P1 Controller, P2 Controller

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Was there ever an iPad release of CSD2? My wife was absolutely obsessed with the first game on the iPad. She did everything in it while exercising on our exercise bike!

I picked up CSD2 on Switch for her to play and she didn't get on with it so well. The screen was too small for touch controls really and she could never get used to the button combos when playing it on the TV. Still enjoyed it but I reckon she'd love it on iPad more.

I will play CSD3 on anything.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
no ipad releases of the newest games, but mobile is definitely on my mind lately, so who knows what's to come :D

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
Been with the game sinc the first day it got on Early Access. My god, is the game tight AF and a challenge. i'm just trying to get my last gold medal and for that i've mastered the dak arts of the Deluxe Poutine, Tamales and the Big Potato.

First, couldn't agree more such a fantastic thing all round. Nice one chubigans and team.

Second, you're a machine _zoipi. I've played nearly 70 hours of this and only have 168 (of 387) golds! Nice one.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
First, couldn't agree more such a fantastic thing all round. Nice one chubigans and team.

Second, you're a machine _zoipi. I've played nearly 70 hours of this and only have 168 (of 387) golds! Nice one.
Ehm... Update...

EfU9LvLXkAAQknt.jpg

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I bought it the first day of the Early Access, but I'm waiting patiently to the 1.0 release.

Is the gamepad control like the one in the second game or something different?

OP
OP
ScreamingMadden
May 5, 2018
Bumping this thread up because we got concrete release date info from Chubigans himself. The XBOX One and Switch versions will release on October 14 while the PS4 version and Amazon Luna version is expected to release in late October. I also believe the PC version will reach its 1.0 state on October 14 too:

OP
OP
ScreamingMadden
May 5, 2018
Bumping this Thread yet again because we got news of a new patch that just got in for CSD3 (0.99 Version) and the PS4 version is locked in for the October 14th release too!

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I finally played it yesterday for an hour or so. I loved CSD1, liked a lot the single challenges focus of CSD2, and I hope to enjoy the new game as much or more than the prequels. Right now, I only can say that I like the new gameplay loop of CSD3, looks promising. I need to play it more to give a veredict.

Of course, the art and music of the game is top notch as always.

Oct 14, 2019
Was there ever an iPad release of CSD2? My wife was absolutely obsessed with the first game on the iPad. She did everything in it while exercising on our exercise bike!

I picked up CSD2 on Switch for her to play and she didn't get on with it so well. The screen was too small for touch controls really and she could never get used to the button combos when playing it on the TV. Still enjoyed it but I reckon she'd love it on iPad more.

I will play CSD3 on anything.

Also have to follow up on this (as I'd be doing my fiancée a disservice, if not!). She has been addicted to time management games since the original Diner Dash and has many favourites, however her all-time favourite game was Cook Serve Delicious - on the iPad. We purchased CSD2 for PC (and also Switch, eventually), however it never worked quite as well and she couldn't enjoy it at all due to the controls / small touchscreen on Switch. It breaks my heart, because I know she would absolutely adore to play this new one also, but unfortunately she just can't get past the lack of touch controls.

So if you're ever weighing up an iOS release again, chubigans , know that you'd at least make two people over the moon!

Oh, I also remember that she submitted a bug for the iOS version of original game and you called her out in the patch notes which she still talks about to this day! She got such a kick out of that :D

Congrats on the launch!

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also have to follow up on this (as I'd be doing my fiancée a disservice, if not!). She has been addicted to time management games since the original Diner Dash and has many favourites, however her all-time favourite game was Cook Serve Delicious - on the iPad. We purchased CSD2 for PC (and also Switch, eventually), however it never worked quite as well and she couldn't enjoy it at all due to the controls / small touchscreen on Switch. It breaks my heart, because I know she would absolutely adore to play this new one also, but unfortunately she just can't get past the lack of touch controls.

So if you're ever weighing up an iOS release again, chubigans , know that you'd at least make two people over the moon!

Oh, I also remember that she submitted a bug for the iOS version of original game and you called her out in the patch notes which she still talks about to this day! She got such a kick out of that :D

Congrats on the launch!
Thanks so much!! I wouldn't be surprised in the future if you see CSD on mobile again... :)

Oct 14, 2019
Thanks so much!! I wouldn't be surprised in the future if you see CSD on mobile again... :)

Oh wow! Say no more!

I showed her your post and she's so delighted! Literally the best news she could have heard, haha. We will be there day one if and when it happens (actually planning on picking it up also as a pseudo-launch title when we get the PS5 next month)!