• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
"An Anthem Story" is really overselling it. It's a live-action trailer. I was really disappointed considering some of the cool stuff Oats Studios have been putting out.

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah I'm confused is there going to be like a full half hour movie of this or is this a trailer for a movie that doesn't exist?

I believe this is the full thing that Blomkamp worked on. I'm not sure what else they are planning to do with this, since it seems to lead to a lot of questions in terms of the lore.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, this is FFXV-esque. Do people actually enjoy finding out about a game's lore through media outside of the actual game itself?

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Looked great! Would be exciting to see this more fleshed out, some very interesting shots in there!

TheeeKye

Dec 10, 2017
Looks cool, but the trailer format was an odd decision. Would have preferred a proper short story like the swtor blur trailers. This doesn't really tell you much.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I thought it was awesome! I really like the short video's that Neill is doing with Oats studios, and this was another great one.

Though, after watching this it really made me wish Anthem was a single player focused game.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
They said story so I was expecting a short, not a trailer. Poor choice of words. Still cool but now I just want a full movie lol

Edit: They changed the video title to "Anthem Trailer" from "Anthem Story" so that's better.

Last edited:

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
It's sort of like a trailer for a movie that doesn't exist. An expensive trailer. Beautifully shot though.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty and all, but that's not a short. What is this, is this a trailer for a movie that's never going to be made? I don't get the point of this.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Is this a trailer for story content in the game, or is it a trailer for some live action short that doesn't exist?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Oh no, this is FFXV-esque. Do people actually enjoy finding out about a game's lore through media outside of the actual game itself?

Assume this is all stuff that's in the game, just with a live action "trailer" to kinda hype it up. The trailer just hints at stuff but doesn't say anything really and is set before the game, so imagine this is stuff you find out in game anyways

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Assume this is all stuff that's in the game, just with a live action "trailer" to kinda hype it up. The trailer just hints at stuff but doesn't say anything really and is set before the game, so imagine this is stuff you find out in game anyways

These characters and this plot aren't in the game tbh. It's more of an exploration of the pre-history for the game itself. In a trailer format.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
If only this trailer was convincing as the game that I played just a few short weeks ago...

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Gimme that movie. Trailer sets up the game to be some insanely story- and character-driven experience which probably won't be the case at all.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Really disappointing. I thought he was doing a short film that takes place in the game world fleshing stuff out. Instead it's a fake trailer for a live action film that could be cool but will never be made.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
As I stated in the OT. This is NOT a trailer or "Short Story", this is a Demo Reel, in my opinion they are attempting to get funding to make a movie. Or at least it seems that way to me.

Last edited: