• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Since I got my PS5 I have been playing so much of melee based games from last generation like GOT, Sekiro I never got a chance to test how shooters felt on PS5. I finally got a chance with Control ultimate edition that is part of PS plus and goddammn they have nailed the gunplay with dual sense.

Every gun feels distinctly different. The shatter gun feels so different from spin. The game feel totally changes with dual sense support and I absolutely love it. I can't go back to dual shock 4 after this.I cannot wait for Ratchet now!

Does anybody else like the dual sense support in Control?

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Yeah its incredibly satisfying. I played the game on pc at launch and enjoyed it but I've now found myself using gun forms I didn't like using before just because it feels nice to pull the trigger. I've been switching between them all quite a bit instead of sticking to 2 for the whole game

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am only a bit into the game but the integration has been quite disappointing so far.
The rumble is completely missing from the cutscenes and even in gameplay it is barely noticeable. Only got one weapon so far so can't comment much on the trigger but it has not convinced me yet.
I already experienced the triggers in shooting games with Worms though.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very early into the game and only have the first gun so cant comment on all the weapons.

I've not played a shooter on PS5 with the triggers and I was a bit taken back by R2. Firing the first few shots felt alien to me until I changed my thinking.

I found that it works best if I treat it like I'm firing a gun, not that I've ever shot one before. It allows me to pull in the trigger to the stop point, fine aim and pop off a shot. It feels really good and adds an extra layer of feedback. I'm also finding that I'm calmer with my trigger finger and less likely to just pop off random shots.

Overall it's really cool.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
It's spectacular. I'm kinda worried about the adaptive triggers' durability, but other than that, I hope more and more games implement this. The fact that you can actually feel the impact of each shot is amazing.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's interesting because I spoke with their Communications Manager and got told it was 'okay' by his reckoning - he believes they can do more in the future. I think that will be the case with almost all games so far, developers have to get to grips with this before fully realizing its potential.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I've personally come to the conclusion that I don't like the adaptive triggers. It's cool technology for sure, but in practice it just feels annoying to me when I have to apply extra force to R2 when shooting for example.

Also, where the heck is gyro aiming?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I am only a bit into the game but the integration has been quite disappointing so far.
The rumble is completely missing from the cutscenes and even in gameplay it is barely noticeable. Only got one weapon so far so can't comment much on the trigger but it has not convinced me yet.
I already experienced the triggers in shooting games with Worms though.
Yeah I just finished the game and didn't know the weapons had different feels. And I switched weapons constantly.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Absolutely. I didn't care about the scatter form (shotgun) in the PS4 version because it felt too weak and now I'm using it all the time just because of how it feels through the controller.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
I completely forget about the added trigger resistance after the first few encounters. Strangely after playing close to 20 hours I (without exaggerating) immediately noticed how differently the guns felt when I played without my headphones. After that I had to check every service weapon and I was dumbstruck how unique the feel was with every gun. Bizarre how I managed to miss this just by playing with my headphones on.

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Absolutely. I didn't care about the scatter form (shotgun) in the PS4 version because it felt too weak and now I'm using it all the time just because of how it feels through the controller.
Can you describe how it feels to this non ps5 owner? Like, where do you feel the contact, is it all thru your fingers or in your palms etc? Am quite intrigued.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Can you describe how it feels to this non ps5 owner? Like, where do you feel the contact, is it all thru your fingers or in your palms etc? Am quite intrigued.
So I'd say it's the combination of the trigger feel.
With the R2 you feel a click resistance.

And the rumble itself is like instead of an on/off plus intensity.
It's like the sound effect can be passed through to the controller's rumble motor.

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017

Yeah its insane how scatter feels different from the spin. Personally I love to use Spin so far. Feels great to use.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
DualSense always had the potential to offer the biggest changes when it comes to gameplay experience.

Hope the support long continues.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've personally come to the conclusion that I don't like the adaptive triggers. It's cool technology for sure, but in practice it just feels annoying to me when I have to apply extra force to R2 when shooting for example.

Also, where the heck is gyro aiming?
So far I'm with you for the most part. I love the haptic feedback but the adaptive triggers haven't been used brilliantly outside of Astro's Playroom.
I'm confident devs will get better with it though.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Looking forward to checking it out after my god of war replay

side note: rumble from last gen games on the dualsense does not translate very well.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Sniper rifle on hitman feels so good with them
Funny story, I was playing Miami yesterday in Hitman 3 and in that level you can get a key fob for a car which you can press to locate said vehicule, I was addicted to pressing R2 several times through my playthrough of that level just because it felt very satisfying. In a way it felt like fidgeting. DualSense is just too good.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's amazing. The rumble and triggers aren't quite on Astro level but close. It's making my second play thru so much more fun. Can't wait to see what remedy, and people like Kojima, do with this controller

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I turned the trigger effect off, even at low levels its inconsistent if youre firing fast it wont click every time thus not register, any higher and its a handsore to balance the horribly sensitive aiming and the awkwardness of the stick-trigger layout of the Dualsense. I eventually got used to it but man, I really don't prefer the Dualsense for shooters.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP dunno how you feel about Fortnite but the Dualsense implementation on the PS5 version of that is also pretty dang impressive.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing Control on PlayStation 5 and the difference between the PS5 and the PS4 versions is night and day, thanks in large part to the DualSense.

Oct 25, 2017
Control is a game where the pistol fires as fast as you can pull the trigger and the default trigger setting was greatly interfering with that aspect so I turned it way down. Perhaps as a result of that I haven't noticed the different feel for each gun.

The footsteps are fine with me but I also wish I could turn those down a bit. They're kind of distracting in a way they weren't in Astro, probably because in Astro those sensations are supposed to be at the forefront.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Ahh. I want to play it a little more, now. A good dual sense implementation is still a rare and wonderful thing.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I downloaded this and Destruction Allstars a few days ago. Have never played Control but looking forward to it. Destruction also uses the Dualsense very well. It just feels fun to drive and bash into things.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Yep, it's super satisfying! 😃 As long as they are well implemented, DualSense features are genuinely one of the most "next-gen" things on the new consoles. DualSense really makes you feel the games differently and relegates the DS4 and everything else to mediocrity, and that is the best compliment you can give to this controller.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
For the first 30 minutes, I wasn't that impressed. But once you unlock a few weapon modes (shatter, spin) I started really appreciating the different feels.

Just a tip to anyone who unlocked shatter - pull the trigger but don't squeeze too hard, there's a sweet aftershock rumble that happens right after firing. I only felt it once I relaxed my squeeze a little.

Spin feels even better, but so far the weapon itself seems much worse than the previous two.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I completely forget about the added trigger resistance after the first few encounters. Strangely after playing close to 20 hours I (without exaggerating) immediately noticed how differently the guns felt when I played without my headphones. After that I had to check every service weapon and I was dumbstruck how unique the feel was with every gun. Bizarre how I managed to miss this just by playing with my headphones on.

must be good ass sound

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the Dualsense has ruined playing on other platforms for me. It's strange to say, but not having that feedback makes games feel lifeless or hollow.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really like it, but I feel like the effect isn't strong enough. Is there a slider I missed to change its intensity?

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to move away from shatter because of how good that shit felt. Very impressed
Idk how people use shatter. Once I got the
rocket launcher and pierce
I never looked back. Those weapons with launch makes Jesse OP as hell, unless you're doing the secret bosses smh. I hate those fights so much.