• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
505 Games representative states "Control is not coming to GamePass" then unzips jacket to reveal a PS Now shirt

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the PSnow version of Shadow of the Colossus is the PS3 version or PS4 version?

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Xbox Game Pass is still in a completely different league when it comes to availability, quantity in titles, for how long titles stay on the service and 1st party support.

This isn't entirely true. PS Now has 2-3 times the amount of games of Game Pass if we're talking quantity AND offers streaming too.

Game Pass has the edge in the number of higher profile/newer games and the day 1 first party games is obviously the biggest draw.

But it's also twice as expensive as PS Now annually as PS Now offers a year discounted price where as Game Pass doesn't.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: platform wars
Sony should market this.

Xbox Phil and the pr boys would have 400 tweets by now.

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
Well thats a damn nice set of games. Moving in the right direction at least. Hope they keep this up. Begun, the subscription wars have.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nascar heat 3 as well. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is until September 7th per the mobile PlayStation App, don't have dates on the other games.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck yeah. I already played Wolfy, but I've been wanting to play Control and Tomb Raider.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
This (Control) is the kind of stuff I need to sub to PS Now. Most months have felt like either old games that have already been $5-10 or things I played months before on Game Pass. I don't really require PS Now to be as good as Game Pass with the monthly games since it offers more of a retro catalogue plus streaming but the new game selection has often been downright poor. Jim has been stepping up his game a bit lately with PS Now. With a year being as cheap as it is I'm considering it.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I hope people play Wolfenstein II, hate its health and upgrade systems, and how you never know where you're getting hit from, and then give Youngblood a shot because it fixes all those things and more.

Full Lineup

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
The full list of games added:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (6 months)
Control (6 months)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
NASCAR Heat 3
Nights of Azure
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon
Warriors All-Stars
Toukiden Kiwami
Toukiden 2
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't recommend the base ps4 version of Control. Unless they've fixed it since I beat it, it doesn't do well at all.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Just used my 7 day trial to play Overcooked 2. Totally worth it.

Really want to play Control though.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully 6 months is the new standard for their limited time offerings rather than 3 months like previous months.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
am i gonna be able to play control on the PS5 if i have it on my PS+ account from now on?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
am i gonna be able to play control on the PS5 if i have it on my PS+ account from now on?
I'm going to assume that it will, since they show up as "purchased" as long as you have PS+ (I mean you can't even buy it until you subscription ends).
But Control is not a PS+ game, is a PSNow game.

Mar 30, 2019
You are a worm through time. The thunder song distorts you. Happiness comes. White pearls, but yellow and red in the eye. Through a mirror, inverted is made right.

Mar 30, 2019
Leave your insides by the door. Push the fingers through the surface into the wet. You've always been the new you. You want this to be true. We stand around while you dream.

Oct 28, 2019
Actually just confirmed it has 909 games as confirmed from IGN https://www.ign.com/ps-now

Should hit 1000 games easily by the launch of PS5.

Edit: the list doesn't include the 11 new games. Should be 920.
Why are people quoting these huge numbers like it's awesome or something? Who has time for 1,000 games? Who wants to play 1,000 games? I think the quality of the selection is more important. I think most people aren't interested in streaming old, unupdated PS3 games. The people that might care probably already own those games. How many recent heavy hitters does PS now have? They are improving, and this is a good month, but they have got a ways to go to get to impressive.

Mar 30, 2019
You can almost hear our words but you forget. This happens more and more now. You gave us the permission in your regulations. We wait in the stains. The word that describes this is redacted.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Xbox Game Pass is still in a completely different league when it comes to availability, quantity in titles, for how long titles stay on the service and 1st party support.

You should have said quality instead of quantity because PSNow has way more games (although there is a LARGE amount of filler), but yeah spot on with everything else.

I don't know why games leave so soon on PSNow, though. Shadow of the Tomb Raider was on Xbox Game Pass for over 12 months and Wolfenstien 2 is almost coming up on 12-months on the service as well. They also added the new Wolfenstien: Youngblood recently and somehow have the first Wolfenstien on there, too, despite it being way over 12months which is random as fuck.

Nobody just that a lot of people talked like Control on gamepass was a fact.

There is definetely something fishy going on there. Phil said it matter-of-factly, and XGP is known to get newish releases rather soon (if not day one). It's not hard to speculate that Control would be one of the few games that comes first to PSNow, based off Remedy's passive-aggressive response and their deal with Sony for timed-exclusive Control DLC.