• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Ahahaha, I like that the trash dev responsible for that poor excuse of a port for the PS4 is the first ones to make you pay twice for a game during a BC generation. "If you want to play our game in a playable state, buy it again, this time we will get it right".
Fuck you Remedy, you scummy fucks.

EDIT: My bad, I didnt see who the publisher was. Fuck 505 instead.

Last edited:

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
Would have liked to know this before buying my copy. But they probably didn't know at the time. Hope that the upgrade can be bought for a small symbolic fee at least, so I don't have to buy an additional copy.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This sucks. Have the Digital Deluxe on PS4 and the normal one on XBX. Is among my favourite games of the generation but fuck console fans I guess?

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
When an upgrade is just unlocking rendering features that are already available in the PC release, then it's completely ridiculous to charge extra for it.

The equivalent would be locking standard versions of a PC release to medium settings and below.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I love Control, but god damn this is a really shitty decision. I mean, I realize it's 505's decision mostly, but still, it ain't a good look for Remedy either.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
I was ready to buy the PS4 season pass for Control to play the expansions once both were out. Fuck that now. Unless this changes it will be a long time before I give Remedy another dime. There are too many other games to play from companies that don't shit on their loyal customers.

Oct 26, 2017
This sounds like they'll sell upgrades for non-ultimate people.

Paying for them to change a few graphics settings is not a great proposition. Slimy move.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Is this just because the next Gen version includes the DLC?
Could they just let you upgrade the main game?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Damn I just bought the dlc few weeks back and decided not to play it and play the dlc on ps5 . Kinda sucks

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Expected better from you Remedy. That's bullshit. Calling it a 'free upgrade' is also bullshit since I assume you're charging for the 'Ultimate Edition.'

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I`ve already bought the main game and the Season Pass, I´m not supporting this bullshit. Fuck off, 505.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO I bought the special edition & the season pass but I can't get the free upgrade path? Why ruin goodwill, Remedy?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i bought the physical x1 version and the ps4 version with the eason pass (is that the ultimate?). i love remedy but fuck this!

Azurik

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Nice. I sold my PS4 and get to play the AWE dlc on the PS5. Good I got the ultimate edition when it was on sale

Last edited:

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
One of the first games I put on my "wait for next gen" list. Guess I was lucky, but they should revise their policies to include the seasons pass buyers.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
They will probably only sell a SKU on next-gen that includes all DLC. So not giving people who only own the base game access to that makes sense. However, people with the Deluxe Edition or who bought the season pass definitely should get access to this. This is dumb.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
UUuuhhhhh this feels like us fans who bought the game at original release to support it and Remedy are being forgotten about and not appreciated.

Mar 23, 2018
Welp just saw the announcement for Ultimate and was going to finally pickup this game but not going to because of this. If people own the game, they should get the upgrade. That's it.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Ahahaha, I like that the trash dev responsible for that poor excuse of a port for the PS4 is the first ones to make you pay twice for a game during a BC generation. "If you want to play our game in a playable state, buy it again, this time we will get it right".
Fuck you Remedy, you scummy fucks.

Now, let's take a deep breath, think for two seconds, and realize who in a publisher-developer relationship tends to have the final call on pricing.

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf what a way to fuck over your customers. Control was the first Remedy game I ever bought. For sure it will be the last. I was even planning on buying the season pass after the last DLC was released. No way I'll support this company anymore.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good thing I never bought it and just played it on PSNOW.

With the way they shipped the game on base PS4 this is such a dick move.

Those games have a marketing deal with MS, I think being part of the Smart Delivery program may have been one of the thing included in the deal.
Cyberpunk, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and many others confirmed that the PS5 versions will also be a free upgrade, even Marvel's Avengers with its stupid number of exclusivity deals is doing this on both consoles. This is not a MS thing, it's a publisher thing.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
What a strange decision. Are next-gen versions supposed to have some amazing upgrades and/or additional content ?

If it plays as well as PC, yea, this is a massive disappointment for owners of the current gen who had to deal with performance issues. Even after the patches, it still chugs at times.

hrœrekr

Banned
May 3, 2019
Imagine having to rebuy a software when you upgrade your PC.

Oct 27, 2017
I love Remedy but fuck this.
Any game that tries this will not be bought by me.

Maybe if I don't have it already and it is on deep sale though.

Bunkles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would really like to hear the reasoning for this.

tenor.gif

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
I held off buying Control so I could play what appears to be a technically taxing game on the Series X. So for me I'll be buying it for the first time and I suppose this changes nothing in my particular case - but gosh, it's bad form for all of their existing console customers. Poor showing from Remedy or at least the publisher.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Love Remedy but that is absolute bullshit worth kicking up a stink over. If you bought the original version and the season pass, you have supported the developers and it is the same thing as the ultimate edition. Fuck off.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
This was one I was holding off on getting until the next-generation because of performance issues. Even though I'd have been happy with just a resolution and frame-rate boost this kind of shitty cash grab is making me reconsider getting it at all.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
They will probably only sell a SKU on next-gen that includes all DLC. So not giving people who only own the base game access to that makes sense. However, people with the Deluxe Edition or who bought the season pass definitely should get access to this. This is dumb.
If they did not have a next-gen version without the DLC, that would have been a choice that they made.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, this sucks. I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition at launch for 80€, and now they want me to buy the game again for some enhancements that are already in the PC version?