• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Yeah can confirm the bluriness when switching to the 30fps mode isnt worth it, 60fps makes for a much cleaner and clearer picture.

The TAA isnt bad, just the blur and smear is quite noticable on black backgrounds

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
There's a lot of weird dithering on Jesse's neck while moving on my RTX 3070 with DLSS at 1440p - any way to fix that?

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Im playing on a 3080 max settings ans wow, its beautiful. I think it looks much better than cyberpunk which overall did not impress me.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Does the PS5 version of Control ditch the PS4-exclusive goodies like the extra outfits and the Kojima-inspired side mission?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This game looks even more impressive on a nice OLED. I recently had to replace my TV, and went with a CX, and boy-howdy, this game is a looker with the extra nice blacks.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
And that's Control 100% again. This is such a great game. Narratively it's not for me, I don't engage with the lore all that much, but the vibe it sets extraordinary. Combat-flow is where it really hits the mark, allowing for a super aggressive playstyle , giving it that superhero feel. Launch some stuff, close the distance, empty your gun, pick-up the health, only need to retreat when things get chaotic and you lost the overall view of the battle, get reacclimated and go aggressive again. Launch is extremely OP. And if you still are having difficulty, don't forget to equip mods (I stick pretty much to extra health pick up, launch efficiency and stamina cooldown reduction). Others seem to really like some other gun variations, but Grip is where it's at for me.

While I had a hard time finding my way the first time through, now it was pretty easy. Yes, the map isn't as helpful as it should be, but the world design is pretty memorable (even if it's all black/grey/dark) and the inworld navigation is probably way more useful than the map it self.

That said... I do not like the Foundation DLC. It's fine for a regular playthrough, but I also like to get my trophies. Where the main game and AWE DLC give you some leeway with the amount of collectibles you need to get, The Foundation requires you to get 100% (regular collectibles, hidden area's and a DLC specific collectible). And I said that the game was pretty navigable, the same can not be said for this DLC. Area's themselves are unique enough, but the connecting corridors all blend together. So after finishing the DLC campaign I enabled the assist and did look up the things I was missing.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Finished and platinumed Control earlier today. Great game all around. My only complaint is that the end felt a little rushed. I would have liked for the story to be a little more fleshed out.

I thought Dr. Darling was such an interesting character so I would have loved for him to actually appear in some form at the end of the game. Not sure if I've missed something but all we found out about him was that he was one of the first to die during the incident during Trench's monolog during the final chapter (which can be skipped if you take the outgoing mail without listening to him?).

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Finished and platinumed Control earlier today. Great game all around. My only complaint is that the end felt a little rushed. I would have liked for the story to be a little more fleshed out.

I thought Dr. Darling was such an interesting character so I would have loved for him to actually appear in some form at the end of the game. Nit dure if I've missed something but all we found out about him was that he was one of the first to die during the incident during Trench's monolog during the final chapter (which can be skipped if you take the outgoing mail without listening to him?).
The last video of his and some line in the ending implies he went to some other plane of existence, I think it's in the office at the beginning of Take Control?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
The last video of his and some line in the ending implies he went to some other plane of existence, I think it's in the office at the beginning of Take Control?

Still a shame.
Would have loved a chapter where we actually meet him and it would've also been cool if Pope had a more integral role at the end. Also really liked her character.
Also, did Trench talk about the janitor at the end? I think he mentioned something about a person sometimes acting like a plumber and sometimes acting like a god. I didn't read all lore documents so not sure if we ever got a confirmation who or what he really was. I just found a document in some restricted area that mentioned that agents were wondering how he got in there, which I thought was pretty funny.

Oct 29, 2017
Still a shame.
Would have loved a chapter where we actually meet him and it would've also been cool if Pope had a more integral role at the end. Also really liked her character.
Also, did Trench talk about the janitor at the end? I think he mentioned something about a person sometimes acting like a plumber and sometimes acting like a god. I didn't read all lore documents so not sure if we ever got a confirmation who or what he really was. I just found a document in some restricted area that mentioned that agents were wondering how he got in there, which I thought was pretty funny.
I figured they were probably saving it for a sequel(which I really hope it happens)

Oct 27, 2017
After playing Spider-man Remastered (30fps/ RT/ graphics mode) which looks spectacular btw, I have to say this game looks a bit rough in that department.
I love the setting and gameplay, but graphics and resolution are a bit all over the place. Playing on PS5, with HDR off and brightness at 65.
I understand it's a smaller team and budget is tight but I was expecting them to pull more juice out of next gen machines.

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
fun sidenote - this game makes great use of the PS5 help feature. Llots of videos to help!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Man, the expeditions suck

I want to do the one just to clear it out of my quest list ;_; but it's soooo annoying and the time limit is just BS

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I must say, putting it so all the gameplay assists are maxed out is making the game an absolute cake walk....and im loving every second. Quick encounters and I never die, super quick recharge speeds. Its like God mode. I have no shame.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I must say, putting it so all the gameplay assists are maxed out is making the game an absolute cake walk....and im loving every second. Quick encounters and I never die, super quick recharge speeds. Its like God mode. I have no shame.

Well it technically is God Mode since you can enable Immortality.

It's kind of odd they let you enable this stuff with no consequences, would rather it be behind an easy mode or something. Ultimately I guess it doesn't matter since there is no online functionality at all in this Game.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the expeditions suck

I want to do the one just to clear it out of my quest list ;_; but it's soooo annoying and the time limit is just BS
You can pretty much ignore them completely because they're just randomly generated and will constantly pop up in your quest list. I personally turned off the quest hud element so I wouldn't have to see the notification all the time.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You can pretty much ignore them completely because they're just randomly generated and will constantly pop up in your quest list. I personally turned off the quest hud element so I wouldn't have to see the notification all the time.
Ah, I am not talking about the randomized, temporary side-missions that pop randomly, which I do largely ignore. I am talking about the Expeditions which are started via Jukebox coin use. I have a quest in my mission log about using the Jukebox coin and I tried that thing and failed it twice now and I'm actively annoyed lol

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I am not talking about the randomized, temporary side-missions that pop randomly, which I do largely ignore. I am talking about the Expeditions which are started via Jukebox coin use. I have a quest in my mission log about using the Jukebox coin and I tried that thing and failed it twice now and I'm actively annoyed lol

Isn't that the DLC? I tried it once and swore it off, seemed awful. By that time in the game I was done with the combat, so doing a hour long mission where it was just killing enemies didn't seem like fun.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
ohhh those, yeah I hate them with a passion and they require cheesing with seize or something and I barely put any points into that so I stopped trying.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, Jukebox kinda sucks, pretty cool outift you get from it tho

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I think sprint is glitched.

I'm using toggle on and Jesse stops running all the time while I'm still moving, changed to toggle on and off and the same happens...

It's super annoying during a fire fight...anyone else having this problem?

Toggle on/off doesn't even work. If I stop moving I have to click again to sprint more.

Playing on PS5.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I think sprint is glitched.

I'm using toggle on and Jesse stops running all the time while I'm still moving, changed to toggle on and off and the same happens...

It's super annoying during a fire fight...anyone else having this problem?

Toggle on/off doesn't even work. If I stop moving I have to click again to sprint more.

Playing on PS5.
Someone earlier in the thread said it stopped being an issue after a reboot.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Someone earlier in the thread said it stopped being an issue after a reboot.

I exited the game and loaded again, but didn't close it. I'll try closing the game.

Thanks friend!

Game is awesome by the way! I'm loving every minute!

EDIT: Closed the game and it's still going on after reloading...😩

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I exited the game and loaded again, but didn't close it. I'll try closing the game.

Thanks friend!

Game is awesome by the way! I'm loving every minute!

EDIT: Closed the game and it's still going on after reloading...😩
Maybe they meant system reboot, not sure.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I have noticed the game will glitch Jesse's state so she's constantly in a slightly crouched battle state and the only way to reset it is to go the Central Executive or the main menu.

Still much better than my PC playthrough where I had all sorts of weird issues including a corrupt save after a crash.

Jun 6, 2018
As someone who tried, twice, to play in 30fps mode and had headaches and dry eyes and just constant discomfort (and I can play low-fps games no problem generally, hell I've been playing Hyrule Warriors lately lol) and 60fps mode being smooth and pleasant, this is completely wild to me.

Those mildly effects are NOT worth the halved framerate and constant blurriness when you move around. The game already looks very solid in performance mode anyway.

i haven't really noticed any of that stuff just how good the reflections and lighting bring out the atmosphere, we just have differing opinions

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
I gave up in the end and restarted Control to play the UE. I've been playing it in RTX mode on the Series X and despite resenting having to replay the five or six levels I've already completed, I'm really enjoying it. I've delved into the Alan Wake expansion expansion now it's available to me and enjoying that too. Also really like the way it doles out achievements regularly.

But I have had repeated crashes to dashboard on SX - seems to be when I go into menus but I can't be sure. Anyone else having the same?

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate the dual sense stuff they added. Constant rumble with every step and a stiff trigger gimmick doesn't add to the experience !

RyanPrime_

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Finished the AWE DLC. Didn't really think it was up to much, I have no experience of Alan Wake as I'm PS so the main story was kind of boring. Side quests were good and I'm looking forward to completing the Arcade games

Time to move onto Foundation

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the AWE DLC. Didn't really think it was up to much, I have no experience of Alan Wake as I'm PS so the main story was kind of boring. Side quests were good and I'm looking forward to completing the Arcade games

Time to move onto Foundation

If you complete all game types on both machines, you get a cool new costume. You can do this quickly by turning on the immortal and 1 hit kill assists if you just want the new outfit. Can always go back and play them legit after.

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
So before I beat the main game I started the AWE dlc by accident. I did a bit and finished the game. Now I'm trying to go back and it disappeared and I can't do anything. I'm at the branching path part and I'm just running in circles and can't do anything