• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
I am getting frustrated trying to figure out where I going and how to get there. I do not understand this "building" layout at all.

There are arrows and sign posts that are meant to guide you. Looks at the objectives to know which sector to be in and which "area to go to" The map is meant to be vague

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the concept, lore, storytelling approach, and visual design of the game. And the combat itself is a lot of fun.

What I don't like is the tedious, boring, labyrinthian map navigation, the cookie-cutter side missions, and inconveniently placed save spots and checkpoints.

I really do like a lot of aspects of the game, but it's becoming a bit of a slog to get through. I'm guessing I'm about ~60-70% through the game.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Have the fixed the myriad of bugs and shit from the original release? I wanna pick this up again for the extra achievements but I don't feel like dealing with all the save glitches and other weird things.

I really like the concept, lore, storytelling approach, and visual design of the game. And the combat itself is a lot of fun.

What I don't like is the tedious, boring, labyrinthian map navigation, the cookie-cutter side missions, and inconveniently placed save spots and checkpoints.

I really do like a lot of aspects of the game, but it's becoming a bit of a slog to get through. I'm guessing I'm about ~60-70% through the game.
Turn on assist mode either one hit kills or immortality. No downside, especially if you feel like it's overstayed it's welcome.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm enjoying this game immensely

honestly, for me, this has been my favorite third person shooter in quite some time. Feels great to play (60fps PS5) and the game is gorgeous as hell. The vibes and overall presentation is splendid. Only gripes I have so far is the script isn't that well written, in regards to dialogue or whatever. The overall story is fine so far.

Dualsense implementation is fire too

oh and I used the game help stuff for the first time ever today when I couldn't figure out how to turn the cooling pumps back on by flinging those electric boxes smh felt like a dummy that I didn't figure that out lol. Anyway that help vid worked out great

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
Elsewhere, someone suggested that reducing cooldowns dramatically improved his/her enjoyment of the game.

Is there concurrence here for that notion or was it a one-off comment?

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm guessing most are playing this on ps+ at the moment but i'm about to dig it out of my steam backlog

my xbone controller is having inexplicable handshaking issues. any impressions playing this with kb&m? i don't like playing 3rd person kb&m generally but if it works it works

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I am getting frustrated trying to figure out where I going and how to get there. I do not understand this "building" layout at all.

Sort of felt the same at the beginning, but you get used to the layout of each area eventually. Following the signposts and the arrows is the best way to navigate the map.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any words about patch for ps5 black crush ? I'm awaiting in order to start to play

Clutchman

Nov 12, 2017
I've enjoyed what I've been able to play but everytime I seem to get into a grove the game crashes. I hope this gets fixed quick. XSX

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I played this at 30 fps on PS4 Pro but the 30 fps mode here feels unplayable. I know it's probably even more steady than the PS4 30 fps mode but there's something that just doesn't feel right. Like lots of micro stutter or TAA or something. Maybe the ray tracing is just so low quality or something. I cannot play it at 30 fps.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LWnDu6G.gif

66 brightness seems the correct one to match Xbox serie x brightness. SWitching between both here

Mar 19, 2020
Thought I'd give it a go to see how it looks on PS5. last time I played this was when it first came out and I just completed it in one sitting skipping all cutscenes. It felt a lot easier this time around for some reason. Still love it.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I played this at 30 fps on PS4 Pro but the 30 fps mode here feels unplayable. I know it's probably even more steady than the PS4 30 fps mode but there's something that just doesn't feel right. Like lots of micro stutter or TAA or something. Maybe the ray tracing is just so low quality or something. I cannot play it at 30 fps.
I've heard people say that the input lag at 30fps on next gen is worse than on previous gen, so that might be something you're subconsciously reacting to as well.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I've heard people say that the input lag at 30fps on next gen is worse than on previous gen, so that might be something you're subconsciously reacting to as well.
Damn really? Any logical explanation for it? I was interested in replaying the game with RT since it would already be better than my base PS4 playthrough.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
The game is locking up my PS5.

First at the splash screen then after selecting to start a game.

Im afraid of trying again.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Not really an Ultimate Edition comment, but the game on PC Game Pass is almost unplayable because it just crashed so frequently. Like always around 30 to an hour until it crashes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This "Fridge Duty" mission is a lot more annoying than it should be. These goddamn holes.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
This "Fridge Duty" mission is a lot more annoying than it should be. These goddamn holes.

That one gave me a decent amount of trouble the first time around. The second time around I speced myself exclusively towards launch damage and launch energy. I was able to kill the boss in like 30 seconds before it even had a chance to create those holes. If you are spreading everything out. I recommend you stop and go all in on launch damage and energy.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Played alot on PS5 today. No crashes yet. Playing on Performance mode. I also played on PS4 and got the plat. I think it's one of the best games to come out recently.

The UE fixes every problem I had with the game. DualSense changes are great. The map becomes a non issue when you realize that you need to follow the signs.

Biggest tip I have is to fully upgrade Launch Damage before ever upgrading anything else. Game becomes easy mode.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Played alot on PS5 today. No crashes yet. Playing on Performance mode. I also played on PS4 and got the plat. I think it's one of the best games to come out recently.

The UE fixes every problem I had with the game. DualSense changes are great. The map becomes a non issue when you realize that you need to follow the signs.

Biggest tip I have is to fully upgrade Launch Damage before ever upgrading anything else. Game becomes easy mode.

I wish I had done that the first time around:

The Mold and Anchor bosses took me hours to beat each the first time through. The second time through I killed the anchor boss the first time before any enemies even had a chance to spawn. And the mold boss I died as I was delivering the death blow the first attempt and took it out on the second attempt.

The better respawn points are a godsend too. With the anchor boss the first time around, random enemies would spawn outside the safe room and I would have to let them kill me if I took any damage because why would I start a boss fight with less than full health?

Mold boss was easy to get to without taking damage because the tiny bloaters were consistant with their location and attacks so you could kill them with no chance of taking damage, but it was a slog that took a few minutes to get through after every death.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
After switching back and forth between performance and graphics at least 20 times last night I think I've finally settled on performance. It looks pretty close and runs so much smoother.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I had done that the first time around:

The Mold and Anchor bosses took me hours to beat each the first time through. The second time through I killed the anchor boss the first time before any enemies even had a chance to spawn. And the mold boss I died as I was delivering the death blow the first attempt and took it out on the second attempt.

The better respawn points are a godsend too. With the anchor boss the first time around, random enemies would spawn outside the safe room and I would have to let them kill me if I took any damage because why would I start a boss fight with less than full health?

Mold boss was easy to get to without taking damage because the tiny bloaters were consistant with their location and attacks so you could kill them with no chance of taking damage, but it was a slog that took a few minutes to get through after every death.
Ouch. I probably should balance in out and play it for more of a challenge. But being OP is so fun. Especially at 60fps. I died a plenty of times on my first playthrough too for what it's worth.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah the multilayered map confuses me more than anything. I'm a few hours in and I still get lost trying parse the different colored floors. Idk why they designed the map that way. If they were gonna stack the floors on top of each other then they should've let us pan around the map in 3D.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Good timing on this thread popping up for me. Just started it tonight.

I really really like the game so far. Love the mystery of it. From the very first scene of walking thru the first area where you meet the janitor, and then you double back and the world has changed in a subtle way...... The path you came is just blocked with a wall and the room you were in 60 sec earlier has changed and an elevator is there instead of a photo of the janitor.

I loved that and I liked that they just did it subtle. A lesser game would have the main character say "..... Wait.... Did this room just change....?" But instead they leave it up to you. As soon as that happened I was like.... Oh oh ok, nice I'm in.

So far really enjoying it.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the game + both DLCs now. Working on mopping up the last few achievements.

I still don't think a lot of the gameplay aspects of it are that great, but it's such a cool world and has so many inventive ideas and parts to it that I overall thought it overcame it's shortcomings. I'd love to see them do more in the future.

Kipless

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 15, 2020
So after 40 minutes on PS5, I just hard an OS crash, with error code: CE-108262-9.
Anyone else had any at all?

I paused the game, went back to the home screen and switched accounts, and the OS hard crashed.

It didn't even show me an error code, just rebuilt the data base and told me not to remove the power cord.

Oct 25, 2017
I paused the game, went back to the home screen and switched accounts, and the OS hard crashed.

It didn't even show me an error code, just rebuilt the data base and told me not to remove the power cord.
Oh wow, mine just hard crashed to the OS, sent the error report after telling me what error it was and then let me load the game back up with me being exactly where I was before it crashed, didnt even load the game from the start, was just there ready to play.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
oh and I used the game help stuff for the first time ever today when I couldn't figure out how to turn the cooling pumps back on by flinging those electric boxes smh felt like a dummy that I didn't figure that out lol. Anyway that help vid worked out great

I used it for the first time today as well. Didn't know what to do to get into the one section in research where the red wall was blocking. Worked great. I wish it was even easier to pull up.

Overall really enjoying this. The sound design is awesome.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Just finished the game a few minutes ago.

WOW! Part of me is kicking itself for waiting until now to play it, other side is happy that I waited until I could play it with decent performance. The game deserves to be played without any performance issues. I honestly think, that my biggest compliment to Remedy, is that I can't wait to play the DLC.

Also, that Ashtray Maze section. Wow. Pure fucking awesomeness!

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
This keeps getting better. Biggest complaint so far is that some of the checkpoint placements are just awful lol

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Crashes left and fucking right. Not even during gameplay. Almost every one happens when I have a menu open. Jesus christ.

amstradcpc

Oct 27, 2017
Adaptive triggers with the machine gun are something else, like playing the Operation Wolf arcade again, wow!.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
Didn't have any single crash on PS5 and I think I'm close to the end of the game. O. The other hand I still couldn't complete Miles Morales, it crashes so many times and sometimes I even have to remove the power cord for the console to shutdown. Already had to went through factory reset on that game. :/

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Nobody else experiencing an issue with RT mode (SX) where every whiteboard is... Well white and you have to be really close and wait a couple of seconds for the writing to load up.

Ego

Banned
Dec 6, 2020
I'm somewhat dissapointed by this ultimate edition so far. Still some aliasing issues visable, still very flat overall geometry. It doesn't look much better then the previous version. A framrate unlock would have been good enough. A shit move by remedy if you ask me.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I felt like that was kind of the point. Jesse doesn't belong there, has never been there and only has vague maps and signposts telling her where she needs to go. Compounding that issue is the fact that the Oldest House doesn't make any sense at all in the first place and the Hiss are making it even more difficult to navigate.

I think you're meant to feel lost and the map is only meant to provide you with a direction to head in. The more you play, the more easily you're able to navigate the Oldest House.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
Hi everyone!

It's me or this game is fucking dark? (Playing on PS5)
Idk if it's because the hdr or what, but I had to set the brightness at 75 after noticing that there was rooms where I can't see shit.