• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man I don't know what's with this game but the 30fps mode feels like crap (PS5). Im perfectly fine playing games at 30fps (miles morales, TLOU2) but something about this game, like the motion blur or input lag or something somehow makes it feel more like a 15FPS N64 game. I really want the ray tracing and better graphics but not sure I can handle playing the game like this.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Man I don't know what's with this game but the 30fps mode feels like crap (PS5). Im perfectly fine playing games at 30fps (miles morales, TLOU2) but something about this game, like the motion blur or input lag or something somehow makes it feel more like a 15FPS N64 game. I really want the ray tracing and better graphics but not sure I can handle playing the game like this.
There seems to be really bad camera motion blur and yeah some odd input lag in that mode. Considering how action and effects heavy the game is, I wouldn't recommend the graphics mode. Responsiveness and visibility is much more important.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone besides me just constantly fucking lost in this game? I have zero idea how to navigate the space to the place i need to get to and its really cutting into my enjoyment of the game.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone besides me just constantly fucking lost in this game? I have zero idea how to navigate the space to the place i need to get to and its really cutting into my enjoyment of the game.

It's a lot simpler than it looks. I was overwhelmed at first but the game does a good job directing where you need to go, and any offshoots are usually just optional crafting items/story files. If there's anything that's locked that you can't figure how to get in, most likely you'll be sent back there or in the area in the future. Just don't sweat it so much.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's a lot simpler than it looks. I was overwhelmed at first but the game does a good job directing where you need to go, and any offshoots are usually just optional crafting items/story files. If there's anything that's locked that you can't figure how to get in, most likely you'll be sent back there or in the area in the future. Just don't sweat it so much.

I was literally running around this area looking for the Parapsychology division for like 45 minutes in this small area and couldn't find it couldn't find it. Then finally looked it up and it was behind a blocked off area that apparently I had to shoot 3 red clump things but nothing about the presentation or layout of that made me think that that was what I needed to do.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The haptic feedback when you get the pierce gun is pretty nuts. I thought my controller speaker was on at first but it's actually the trigger that's humming. I hope they didn't overdo it, lol

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
The crashes on XSX are fucking crazy. So far, it's been limited to me pulling up the menu, usually after teleporting to a new area. But just now it crashed on me when just running around. It's a real fucking pain in the ass and I hope it's fixed soon. I'm enjoying re-playing it, but it's getting to the point that I may just hold off on it for now.

I was literally running around this area looking for the Parapsychology division for like 45 minutes in this small area and couldn't find it couldn't find it. Then finally looked it up and it was behind a blocked off area that apparently I had to shoot 3 red clump things but nothing about the presentation or layout of that made me think that that was what I needed to do.

I wasn't stuck there that long, but I definitely had to loop around and be like "Oh, am I supposed to shoot these?" And I've beaten the game before! Yeah, I don't know if it's ever communicated by that point in the game that you're supposed to shoot those or if I just happened to miss it.

MagicPhone

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I was wondering if that was the case. The next-gen (well, current-gen now lol) version was the one with discount and wanted be sure to pick the correct one.

IMG-20210204-001520.jpg

It say Control Ultimate Edition in the Xbox dashboard ^^ Thanks!

Hi, okay, so sounds like I'm having the same issue you folks have/had. I own the original Control on xbox with no season pass/dlc, so was going to upgrade to the ultimate edition, have a new playthrough with better framerate, and play the dlc. There are two editions in the xbox store right now of Control Ultimate Edition: 1.) the $39.99 that comes with Control Ultimate Edition, Control, Season Pass, and two DLCs., 2.) A version that's on sale for $27 or so and just includes Control Ultimate Edition.

My question is, does Control Ultimate Edition, the on sale $27 one come with the season pass content?

It's so confusing. My current thinking is that it does, but you need to buy the $39.99 one if you want to play on an older xbox, since there is no crossbuy and it's technically 2 SKUs.

If anyone has any info, thanks!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I think I have less than 10 hours and at least 10+ crashes on XSX. This is some bullshit honestly. Any hiccup I just assume another is coming.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pleasant surprised that there's HDR support. I had to double check my TV but Control looks great.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished the main campaign...I liked it well enough, the story is utter nonsense to me though.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I think Im near the last mission and god its just annoying.

Gameplay is fine/good. And I mean the setting/enemies could be more interesting but the story is just awful. Confusing for the sake of confusing.
Love the live action bits + maze.

Also, the # of collectibles to world build are boring AF. I feel like there's an interesting game / lore here but because its so confusing, you kinda tune out by the end of the game.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I'm pleasant surprised that there's HDR support. I had to double check my TV but Control looks great.
what platform are you playing on?

the XSX version does not have HDR (was disappointed) I swear the Last gen standard version had it while playing on X but not now with Ultimate on X. Maybe it was Auto-HDR on last gen version on X.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
The performance on base PS4 is terrible. Textures need a very long time loading, hitting the unpause button sends you into a mini freeze and there are constant stutters throughout gameplay. It is not that bad that it is unplayable but very noticeable and reduces the fun. The game itself is great though. I really need a PS5 now.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Been enjoying this on ps5. Frame rate feel solid, load times are fast. Story and presentation so far are quite nice, less harsh then SCP foundation stuff and more like Warehouse 13.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I've never played a game that has crashed as much as this, it's absurd.

On Series X.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Playing on PS5 and I'm digging it so far, the shooting feels a lot better than I anticipated and I'm just now starting to get some of the abilities she had in the trailers. Story is intriguing as well, very engaged so far.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Best game of 2019 just better for us console folks. It's amazing how the 60fps make gameplay smooth, so far I'm crushing foes like a boss, even
Mold-1 and Former
dropped like chumps first try. Only thing I'm not digging, it seems like it isn't counting for the 50 and 100 ability points...oG control cheated me of my platinum bc of broken bureau alerts, don't do this to me again darling...

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
what platform are you playing on?

the XSX version does not have HDR (was disappointed) I swear the Last gen standard version had it while playing on X but not now with Ultimate on X. Maybe it was Auto-HDR on last gen version on X.
PS5. I noticed color were brighter and more saturated unless the system is doing it by accident and it's a bug. I check my C9 picture mode and sure enough it said HDR.

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
Is there a penalty for using assists? I'm at a certain boss that's like carrying an anchor on my back and I'm tired of losing my essence or whatever

Classybro

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, okay, so sounds like I'm having the same issue you folks have/had. I own the original Control on xbox with no season pass/dlc, so was going to upgrade to the ultimate edition, have a new playthrough with better framerate, and play the dlc. There are two editions in the xbox store right now of Control Ultimate Edition: 1.) the $39.99 that comes with Control Ultimate Edition, Control, Season Pass, and two DLCs., 2.) A version that's on sale for $27 or so and just includes Control Ultimate Edition.

My question is, does Control Ultimate Edition, the on sale $27 one come with the season pass content?

It's so confusing. My current thinking is that it does, but you need to buy the $39.99 one if you want to play on an older xbox, since there is no crossbuy and it's technically 2 SKUs.

If anyone has any info, thanks!

So I bought the cheaper one upon launch I didn't see a option to start the dlc hope they are in there. Would they be locked behind fi

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Whoever designed the Ashtray Maze, drinks are on me. What an amazing experience that was.

I just finished the game and I honestly enjoyed it a lot. The gunplay feels fantastic on PS5 and I liked what Remedy did with the weapons. I found myself constantly switching between different weapons depending on the situation. The abilities are also extremely cool but launch might be a bit too op!

I noticed I did the AWE DLC before I finished the main story campaign. It was creepy and I legit felt tense during many of the encounters with the beast.

I'm only missing one trophy from the main game. It's the one in which you need to spend 100 ability points. I'm surprised I didn't get it given I completed the main game and one of the DLCs. I hope I can get it once I play the DLC I'm missing!

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Is using Pierce supposed to make a sound effect from the controller on PS5? My duelsense doesn't sound too healthy when it charges the shots.

It's lower budget experimental Sci-Fi. YMMV but I like if a lot. IMO it's worth it for the audio/visual/sensory experience alone, so if you like the look I say go for it.

Sonoia Caves' OST is incredible, though, so if nothing else check that out.
Cant seem to get hold of it the UK :( I'll keep an eye out for it though.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
anyone else having issues on the PS5 version where your controller will automatically just scroll down for all options

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it at 2am , really enjoyed it, now on to endgame content. Object throw is overpowered quickly but very satisfying. Played on graphics mode on ps5 and did not feel i was missing frames. Fluid enough for me

Oct 25, 2017
Side mission (removal?) spoilers

Did they really remove the Kojima side mission from Ultimate Edition??! Dr. Tokui's tapes or whatever.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on a gamma fix on ps5, folks? Waiting to start until that's in. Cant actually seem to find anything online about them acknowledging it