• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sue me I'm playing at 30fps. The raytracing really looks good in those weird rooms.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Ya the environments are mostly different types of offices but just the idea that it's an ever changing building and the lore behind it made it feel less bland to me if that makes sense. Combat is mostly the same also but the fact that the combat is really good and has a fun flow to it, once you unlock all the abilities and upgrades, helps out in this area.

With limited abilities and weapons, the first few hours lack variety but it does improve later in the game.

My only gripe if that they make it so easy to toggle god mode on with no consequences, it's like what's the point of all the upgrades, loot and abilities.

So God mode doesn't disable trophies?

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
This was the game I was most excited to play when I got my hands on a 3080 (other than CP2077...). On PC, I can tweak the settings for the best of both worlds between RT and 60+ FPS. But there was so much damn color banding everywhere that I couldn't stand it and quit (and using ReShade doesn't work with DX12 and therefore RT). On PS5, I have to choose one or the other but at least the color banding is gone.

I had this whole simple and clean philosophy in my head about going console only for exclusives. Now it's more complicated. First there was DualSense (I loved it more than I thought I would), then there was improved HDR (HGIG tone mapping looks better on consoles, especially after using the PS5 calibration). Now apparently there's this. I don't see myself replaying CP2077 anytime soon. I hope something comes along that makes the 3080 splurge worth it.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does one access the DLC? Do I have to beat the game again (beat it previously on a diff platform)?

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
How does one access the DLC? Do I have to beat the game again (beat it previously on a diff platform)?

Each expansion has its own mission line. The Foundation starts with "The Foundation" and AWE "The Dark Place". You should see them in the mission list.

Edit: Oh, right, I'd forgotten I did a second playthrough of the main campaign when the game released on Steam. But, yeah, if you're not seeing the aforementioned missions, then you need to finish the campaign again.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Got gifted this during Xmas and just started getting around to playing it last week. I knew I enjoyed it, but liking it more than I anticipated. Though 10 hours in I can start to feel like I'm getting a little tired of the random encounters. It's a the point enemies are a nuisance but not a threat, so I'm hoping I get a bit more variety thrown at me
soon. Weirdness factor will keep me coming back regardless, I knew this game would be a mindtrip but it went beyond my expectations.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both DLCs take place after the main story, so you'll need to finish it again.
Each expansion has its own mission line. The Foundation starts with "The Foundation" and AWE "The Dark Place". You should see them in the mission list.

Edit: Oh, right, I'd forgotten I did a second playthrough of the main campaign when the game released on Steam. But, yeah, if you're not seeing the aforementioned missions, then you need to finish the campaign again.
Thanks! Guess I'm in for another full playthrough.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
How do I get the PS5 version? There doesn't appear to be a upgrade option after adding the game to my library.

Oct 27, 2017
Not even 20 minutes into the game and I'm already fed up with the countless documents I have to read every 5 steps I take. Freaking hate this shit, devs.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the game looks on graphics mode but not going to lie struggling to get used to the 30fps.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Not even 20 minutes into the game and I'm already fed up with the countless documents I have to read every 5 steps I take. Freaking hate this shit, devs.

you will probably give up reading them anyway.
agree it breaks the flow left and right early in the game, especially if you go in with completionist mindset.
they are not necessary to keep up with the story at all. just some background lore.

story actually is one of the biggest disapointments i had with the game, considering it comes from remedy, sam lake.
after a point feels like, it tries too hard to be weird just in the name of being weird.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...

Yea, this is not working for me...it tells me I need a disc for my digital version which I bought in December
zrc6kuyq.jpeg

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
ProTip: Don't read them then?

But I don't want to miss out on anything story-wise. Control's not the worst offender of this (Doom Eternal comes to mind) but I do wish action games would find a better way to add lore and backstory than breaking the pace so I can read paragraphs of text...at least most of Control's are relatively short.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
Control is one of the few games where I went out of my way to find documents and read every single one because they we so good.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
How do I get the PS5 version? There doesn't appear to be a upgrade option after adding the game to my library.
German user? Welcome to the club. Can't download it either and others seem to have the same problem as well. Hopefully Sony fixes this until tomorrow.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The aiming felt super sensitive to me at the default settings, this is one of the few games where I feel like I've had to turn it down.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I played a bit of the first level on PS5 and it just still doesn't measure up to the experience I had on PC. The raytracing is nice but no thanks to 30fps. The 60FPS is totally playable, but doesn't quite measure up. Seems like a nice package though, awesome for people stepping up from PS4.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
So let me get this straight, I have to use up 39GB of my monthly cap downloading the PS4 version JUST SO it will give me the option to then download the PS5 version on top of that? Wow.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017

There are around 300 in the whole game lol. Literally every second room has one or two documents. TLoU II had way too many as well. Kinda predictable you know what kind of collectible you are going to find in the next room/area.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
You can cancel the PS4 version, at least I did. I believe the PS5 version was even a few gigs smaller in size

The option to down the PS5 version is still missing though. Won't show up until PS4 finishes downloading, according to the guides I've seen on how to get it.

I got this when it was on sale during the holidays by the way. It's been sitting in my account (but never downloaded) until today.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
The option to down the PS5 version is still missing though. Won't show up until PS4 finishes downloading, according to the guides I've seen on how to get it.

I got this when it was on sale during the holidays by the way. It's been sitting in my account (but never downloaded) until today.
I too got it on the holidays and downloaded the ps5 version just fine. Make sure you are on the Ultimate Edition page, not Control. The selection in the "Library" is regular control.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Yo don't have to ever download the PS4 version.

I repeat, there is no option to download the PS5 version anywhere. There never has been for me. Not on the store page, not in the library view, and not on the main screen view when you select it or when it's downloading.

According to guides I've seen, they download and install the PS4 version, and THEN when clicking the 3 dots it will show the options for PS4 or PS5.

All mine says, and all it has ever said, is "View Product", "Unfollow", and the health ratings privacy etc.

I too got it on the holidays and downloaded the ps5 version just fine. Make sure you are on the Ultimate Edition page, not Control. The selection in the "Library" is regular control.

When I got to Control Ultimate Edition, the 3 dots menu says Unfollow, Control - PS4, and then the health rating, etc.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
US actually. I'm downloading the PS4 version to see if shows up once it's installed,
I bought my game, but I read you need to add the PS5 version specifically when adding from PS+, not the PS4.
I repeat, there is no option to download the PS5 version anywhere. There never has been for me. Not on the store page, not in the library view, and not on the main screen view when you select it or when it's downloading.

According to guides I've seen, they download and install the PS4 version, and THEN when clicking the 3 dots it will show the options for PS4 or PS5.

All mine says, and all it has ever said, is "View Product", "Unfollow", and the health ratings privacy etc.

When I got to Control Ultimate Edition, the 3 dots menu says Unfollow, Control - PS4, and then the health rating, etc.
If the 3 dots says PS4, that means the version you are on IS the PS5. What happens when you click that PS4 button?

also if you really can't get it on the console, have you considered using the app? Go to the ps5 game and press download to console

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I just downloaded all 42gb of control before I realized there was a different 42gb download for the series x version. What happened to smart delivery?

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017

Same here. According to Reddit a ton of other German users have the same problem. Seems to be an issue on Sony's end.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I've looked at both versions and the PS5 version seems to be set at gamma 2.4 by default and the Xbox Version is incorrectly(?) at 2.2 and is brighter than what the cutscenes have been encoded for - so you get loads of banding. You need to drop it to 40 to match the PS5 and remove those artifacts

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I've looked at both versions and the PS5 version seems to be set at gamma 2.4 by default and the Xbox Version is incorrectly(?) at 2.2 and is brighter than what the cutscenes have been encoded for - so you get loads of banding. You need to drop it to 40 to match the PS5 and remove those artifacts
Wait so the ps5 is correct? I had to put it up to like 60 for the logos to look correct, but someone said the blacks are too crushed.

side note, loving the DualSense triggers for the weapon on this. That added force is nice

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, that would be pretty ironic considering how many people keep shitting on the PS5 for crushing blacks, especially in Control.
It does seem like the default setting on the PS5 is still way too dark to properly see in dark areas, though?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Ha, that would be pretty ironic considering how many people keep shitting on the PS5 for crushing blacks, especially in Control.
It does seem like the default setting on the PS5 is still way too dark to properly see in dark areas, though?
If have to check in the game - but certainly on the Ui and videos (where Xbox has a problem that is the cares)