• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Been wanting to play this but kind of hesitant to buy it since there's a chance it comes to Gamepass correct?

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
£17.50 in the UK, which is a brilliant deal considering I've not played it. Would purchase and wait for the Series X update.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Already played on X1X and the performance there was a little rough. I assume that with back compat, the game now at least runs at a solid 30fps on XSX and PS5.

I'll grab it if that deal comes to Playstation since I dont have a XSX.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
man i really don't wanna excuse 505's mess with the next gen patch but, like... this brings it down to around what i would be willing to pay for a patch. PS Store price drop next please?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
man i really don't wanna excuse 505's mess with the next gen patch but, like... this brings it down to around what i would be willing to pay for a patch. PS Store price drop next please?
It's discounted on the EU PS5 store now.

I have lambasted 505/Remedy for the way they handled the NG upgrade, but I only played the game through PS Now. Looks like I'll finally get to play the DLC and have the upgrade to look forward to.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Did they fix the game?

was it ever broken? I don't recall it being a bug ridden game aside from the poor performance, which was never really fixed on X1\PS4.

I have lambasted 505/Remedy for the way they handled the NG upgrade, but I only played the game through PS Now. Looks like I'll finally get to play the DLC and have the upgrade to look forward to.

Surely the same discount will come to US PSN then...hopefully.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Thx for the tip! Bought and wait for the next gen patch. Cant wait to play the game in its full glory.

Oh and damn, I love Microsoft rewards. Game was free for me :)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As somebody who bought the original sku at launch for $60 dollars. I'm glad I waited on getting the season pass. Now I can get this at around the season pass price and not feel as mad about buying the same game twice.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017

The thing is: I platinumed the main game but haven't played through the dlcs yet due to the shifty performance.
When I buy the upgrade now and play through the dlc in the meantime on ps5, what's left to do once the actual next gen patch arrives in early 21?
i really just want remedy to give me a reason to buy the ultimate edition now but I can'tsee any.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Great deal for anyone who's getting it for the first time. But zero fucking chance I buy the ultimate edition just to get the next-gen patch, having already bought the game for full price at launch.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great deal for anyone who's getting it for the first time. But zero fucking chance I buy the ultimate edition just to get the next-gen patch, having already bought the game for full price at launch.
Did you buy the season pass? If not, then getting the ultimate edition at $20 isn't bad.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if it will ever be cheaper....? I wont play now im waiting for the X patch. Maybe I should pass?

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Nooooo I bought the disc version for £29 because I foolishly though the upgrade was available on ps5 release :(

I unwrapped it already and everything

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same price on the pstore. I have the current gen already ... if ONLY we had confirmation of 60fps I would double dip. But if it's 30fps RTx I don't need it

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
YMMV but there is a email the MS just sent out titled " Your chance at a holiday surprise awaits " there is a little red box that a animated reindeer is pulling on, click that and you can win some MS credit. I got $5 from it to use towards this, got the email 15 mins ago

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for the PC version to get a sale too. I probably should've picked it up last time since I was planning on getting an RTX card.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
YMMV but there is a email the MS just sent out titled " Your chance at a holiday surprise awaits " there is a little red box that a animated reindeer is pulling on, click that and you can win some MS credit. I got $5 from it to use towards this, got the email 15 mins ago
Nothing here yet but will be on lookout

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
I picked up for £17.50 here in the UK. Will probably wait for next gen patch. I always thought it looked super generic but everyone I know who played it sing its praises....although I am having immediately buyers remorse I just remembered all the bullshit about ultimate edition and screwing over early adopters....

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
So this is the version that is getting the Next Gen patch for Xbox Series X & S? Might be very tempted to buy it if so!

I played a glimpse of it on Switch with the streaming version they are selling, I really liked it, but having it on my next gen machine would be even better to experience what seems to be an incredible gaming experience!

CrewShadow

Feb 5, 2018
Does your Save data from the original game carry over to this one? or is it a different version like the Witcher did?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Is there save compatability between original and Ultimate? I've already played through the base game, but haven't picked up the DLC yet; buying Ultimate instead of the DLC bundle is now a pretty tempting prospect... but I'd want to keep my save going forwards.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Just to note, it's not a patch.
It's one of those games where you progress won't carry over

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Bought! I've been faithful in waiting for this game to hit $20 and that day has finally come! I'm still gonna wait for the next gen patch before I play.

Also, I'm wondering if this is game pass bound and that's why it's on sale.