• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
From 505's support page: https://support.505games.com/hc/en-...Edition-on-PlayStation-5-and-Xbox-Series-X-S-

What is 'next gen' about Control Ultimate Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S?
  • Performance Mode – Targets 60fps performance with 1440p render resolution and 4K output
  • Graphics Mode– Targets 30fps performance with ray tracing (transparency and reflections) at 1220p 1440p render resolution and 4K output
    • NOTE: Only the Performance mode is available on Xbox Series S. It is targeting 60fps with no ray tracing, at 900p render resolution, and 1080p output. This is a limitation of the hardware, not the game.
  • PS5 DualSense Support – Support for vibrations and triggers.
  • PS5 Activities and Help – Cards and videos that help guide you through the game, and keep track of your progress.

On par with expectations I guess, it is a demanding game.

Edit:

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sounds great to me, especially with the PS5 version being available to PS+ subscribers. Though weird that they aren't hitting 4K on either system (with a lower resolution for fidelity mode). Perhaps the game really is that demanding.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Not much detail there, is this upgrade coming to those who have the game on Game Pass, and more recently PS+?

Jan 3, 2019
Weird that there's no Native 4K/30 mode with no raytracing and reduced stuff. Maybe the 60 fps mode is good enough that it wouldn't make such a difference like in Demons Souls

gr8kamon

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds rad. I bought the game for $20 over Christmas and decided to wait for the upgrade, and then it came to GamePass and now PS+ lol. Regardless I'm glad I waited instead of playing it in BC mode or on my now garbage computer.

Can't wait!

Mar 31, 2018
Sounds good. I am actually a bit 'shocked' it is coming to PS+. I'd expect that from Gamepass, not PS+ but PS+ actually has been quite decent since PS5 launched again as someone who doesn't use PS+ for online gaming but 'free' games.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Glad they made the call to put this on PS+ after the blunder of the Ultimate Edition upgrade news.

Is there any way to transfer save data from the original game or is it a separate client?

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been playing it on PC lately, really curious how good the RT will be on graphics mode as it is very impressive, but very demanding

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Is there any way to transfer save data from the original game or is it a separate client?
Separated.
https://support.505games.com/hc/en-...ver-from-Xbox-One-PS4-to-Xbox-Series-X-S-PS5-
  • If you are playing the new Xbox Series X|S/PS5 version of Control Ultimate Edition, your save file will NOT carry over. This is because the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of Control Ultimate Edition features a much newer version of the Northlight Engine compared to the one used in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game that shipped in August 2019.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I really, really, really hope the graphics mode is a stable 30 FPS although based on the previous gen version, I doubt it. I think raytracing could add a lot to the game but I'm not dealing with sub-30FPS if a 60FPS mode is right there.

Also weird that I suddenly went from "Fuck this game" to hyped now because of PS+.

Dec 8, 2018
  • NOTE: Only the Performance mode is available on Xbox Series S. It is targeting 60fps with no ray tracing, at 900p render resolution, and 1080p output. This is a limitation of the hardware, not the game.

This quote made me think about this old classic.

080zyuod.jpg

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get 60-70 FPS on my laptop maxed out @ 4k (dlss). Expected native 1800+60

thx for less framerate and less resolution is too expensive

trapt777

Oct 25, 2017
Control is stupidly demanding on PC. Consoles need some form of DLSS variant ASAP to get dat 60fps RT goodness in these demanding games. Yes I am aware that Insomniac wizards got 60fps RT working on Spidey PS5 already but those guys are the outliers. Brilliant outliers, but outliers nonetheless.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
A fair bit disappointed. I wouldn't mind sacrificing 60fps for a non-upscaled high resolution of that's what it takes.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Performance mode would be the way to go. Loved the game but it had some really rough performance dips even after several patches.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No 1080p 60fps with ray tracing?
not enough juice for that, this game really goes apeshit with the RTX stuff. It's not *just* reflections here. It also remains to be seen how often it sticks to 60 fps even at 1440p. Given how it runs on PC I'd expect it won't be 100% of the time. A "preformance RT" mode would probably have to run at 720p to hit 50 fps outside of some crazy intense optimizations.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, 1220p is... Kinda crazy low.

I was dead set on playing 30fps/RT but my assumption was that i was going to be AT LEAST like ~1600p or something.

Hmm

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
All a bit lower than I was hoping for honestly. 1440p feels low for the non-RT mode. 1220p for the 30fps mode is really low.

Super demanding game obviously. Sure the team did everything they could. Hope that performance is at least more steady than it was on last gen.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Raytracing quite a bit paired back from the PC release but that's to be expected. I wonder which console game attempts raytraced global illumination if ever.

I do wish the resolution was a bit higher unless their upscale is as good as Insomniac or other 1st party games, which I don't expect.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Judging from the ray tracing presets in the PC version, it seems console RT will be comparable to medium, perhaps with some concessions in reflection quality.

High = reflections, transparent reflections, indirect diffuse lighting, contact shadows, and debris
Medium = reflections and transparent reflections

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
A damn shame the Game Pass version is the non UE version.

Lucky PS+ owners. Getting the enhanced version free.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
not enough juice for that, this game really goes apeshit with the RTX stuff. It's not *just* reflections here. It also remains to be seen how often it sticks to 60 fps even at 1440p. Given how it runs on PC I'd expect it won't be 100% of the time. A "preformance RT" mode would probably have to run at 720p to hit 50 fps outside of some crazy intense optimizations.

I kinda think that Miles Morales 60fps/RT mode is giving people false hopes for what other games are gonna do. It had to make sacrifices beyond just lowering the resolution. They massively reduced the pedestrian density and RT shadows. Not every game has things like pedestrians that they can easily cut down to get performance back. What you gonna cut in Control? Desks?

They've presumably pushed the RT mode as far as they can. Simply lowering the resolution by another 200p would not double the frame rate you'd imagine.