• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I`ve bought the Xbox-version when it was released, finished it and sold it afterwards. Some months later, I´ve bought the PS4-version because I really enjoyed the game and wanted the play the DLC as soon as possible. So I got the season pass. And know this shit.
505 gotta be one of the worst publishers out there, fuck them.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ihihih, bought this full price on day one and want an upgrade for next gen? How about fuck you ihihih

Remedy, my dudes. Cmon.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looks like they changed the wording on the site

Will Control Ultimate Edition give me access to Control on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5?
We will offer a free next-gen digital upgrade for those who buy Control Ultimate Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. For more information on eligibility, stay tuned to our website and community channels.

Kazuma Kiryu

Oct 28, 2017

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, looks like I did well holding off to get Control.

May 25, 2019
London
505 Games has to be the ones behind the decision that the Smart Delivery upgrade is only for Ultimate Edition.

Wonder what the price will be on Steam. If it's $60, I see people holding off until a sale. $40 is a different story, though

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought the standard edition a while back and bought the season pass recently. Probably put more money in there pocket than buying a unlimited edition, but fuck me i guess.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Iam interested to know why is it a 2 week exclusive to Steam on PC? It doesn't matter if its 2 weeks cause they did a whole year of exclusivity for EGS. In both instances, its fucking dumb. I'd rather have a 50% discount on launch AND regional pricing than fucking exclusivity which does NOTHING for the customer. Its just bullshit UNLESS its some OTHER reason thats not trying to flatter steam users or involving money from valve(which i doubt happened cause valve have no precedent of giving money to force exclusivity on 3rd party stuff).

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Will Control Ultimate Edition give me access to Control on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5?
We will offer a free next-gen digital upgrade for those who buy Control Ultimate Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. For more information on eligibility, stay tuned to our website and community channels.

Besser. Much besser

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

This is some fast damage control. I like it. (i hope)

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I really like Remedy, but with moves like this it's no surprise their games don't sell very well.

Yeah, I don't get why can't they just offer the next-gen upgrade for everyone, or even for people that also got the season pass on the vanilla versions. There should be no difference between these versions.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
505 Games has to be the ones behind the decision that the Smart Delivery upgrade is only for Ultimate Edition.

Wonder what the price will be on Steam. If it's $60, I see people holding off until a sale. $40 is a different story, though

When negotiating the publishing contract, this type of thing is something that Remedy would have had a say in agreeing too.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

This doesn't answer anything. The problem is the the FAQ just below it with hasn't changed. It's still:

What if I purchased the original version of Control previously?
The free upgrade path to Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 version of Control is only available for Control Ultimate Edition.

Oct 25, 2017
This stings cos I did just get normal edition and haven't started it.....but still hoping any current or future RTTPs somehow also avoid too much talk of this sting too? I know that's not realistic though nor should it be.

It will probably be......Remedied......right?

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
But...I bought the DLC for hte original game...does that mean I have the "ultimate edition"?
Good question, this version is practically a compilation of what has already been released and was available to buy, which is not a problem in itself, but they are charging for the next-gen patch even for those who already had the game basically .

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm so what about that Steam Workshop support brandished on the store art assets now hidden?

I can still see this asset when the game was in discovery queue a couple of days ago.

capsule_616x353.jpg

Guess they've either canned it or delay it till EGS can support something similar.

Oct 25, 2017
yeah the updated wording is a bit more vague on whats up with normal versions. Guess its still up on the wall.

Not sure why people are freaking out about 'paid next gen' upgrades. If the cost is fair and the upgrade is substantial (And it probably will be if its anything like how it looks on pc with raytracing on), then there is nothing wrong with supporting devs.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
They don't say anything about a price, but I always assume that these gold edition bundles will be $40. I'll probably double dip and get it on Steam. Hopefully I can move my EGS save. I'd rather not replay the game for the 5th time so that I can have an endgame save.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
505 is the game's publisher and they fucked up here. Truly shitty and I have no idea why they would impose such a stupid thing on a game that is trying to earn it's living through positive word of mouth.
I hope Remedy can get a word in with the support of internet anger and get 505 to undo this unnecessary and stupid decision.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

they did not, this was always there. The quote everyone is refering to is the one below that

Oct 25, 2017
The release is very close and there's no price on steam? strange..

Also, i'm sure that if you get the season pass they will give the next gen update, otherwhise they will get tons of shit from it.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Hmm so what about that Steam Workshop support brandished on the store art assets now hidden?

I can still see this asset when the game was in discovery queue a couple of days ago.

capsule_616x353.jpg

Guess they've either canned it or delay it till EGS can support something similar.

I feel like it was probably a mistake and Remedy simply forgot to remove the Workshop stamp from the template, but the counter-argument to that is that there is also a blank/standard capsule image template without the stamp, so Remedy not only opening the wrong template but also forgetting to remove the stamp would be quite the oopsie.

Last edited:

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I just double dipped on Control when it was on sale so that I could get the PS5 upgrade for it. That's fucked.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I've owned this game for a while on PS4, and I decided I'd wait until I got a PS5 to play it to ostensibly get it to run better, but no way I'm buying it again to get the next-gen upgrades.

Hopefully there'll be a way to 'upgrade' standard versions to their so-called Ultimate Edition.

I buy the season pass, you give me ray-traced reflections, Remedy! How's that sound?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

This seems to be like a GOTY Edition with all the post-launch content and whatnot. Those usually launch at full price, plus first time on Steam, so yeah, I wouldn't expect anything less than $60

Oct 29, 2017
Have any of the updates addressed the difficulty spikes or added an easier difficulty setting or anything of that nature?

I've wanted to try this but hearing about frustrating difficulty spikes is like my #1 turnoff.