• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Cool. Odd that they didn't announce a PS5/Xbox Series X verison though, I would have guessed that would happen too.

I bet it will do pretty well on Steam, especially with the expansions included, I think Alan Wake did well when it finally hit Steam too.

Edit:

PS4 - - > PS5 and One - > X upgrade only for ultimate edition not normal.

Really? I didn't see that...

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
EfOOvI8XkAAQy10

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Looking forward to finally playing it in a way that isn't fighting with the aiming on a controller. Should be a nice showcase when the 3000 series comes out in September too.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
free upgrade for Ultimate Edition owners only sure suck. Kinda makes me want to wait to buy the DLC only when it gets a steep discount

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
• Early 2021 PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X (physical)

Hmm, should look at selling current copy then and waiting for the above then. Glad I held off on the DLC.

Hopefully the "For more information on eligibility, stay tuned to our website and community channels" ends up covering more folk than the announcement suggests.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's really shitty for those who bought the original game AND the DLCs. Early adopters screwed as always.

Hopefully enough people call Remedy out for this that they're forced to relent. It's absolutely asinine that people who bought the base game and the season pass (in other words, paid MORE for the game) get less.

Isnt there supposed to be 3 dlc's or am I remembering wrong?

Only two. Foundation and AWE.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well fuck, I got the regular version a few weeks ago and was planning to play it on my Pro after finishing Tsushima, but knowing there's a next-gen upgrade makes me wanna wait, only problem is said upgrade wont work for my regular version... they should allow season pass owners to upgrade for free if they have the regular version, no reason not to.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
I didn't understand the difference between this and the deluxe edition or whatever it is called, but now I understand that I am fucked and will have to buy the game again next-gen. Thanks Remedy I've supported you day one.

Stickman

Oct 27, 2017
One of the games that needs a next-gen upgrade the most. Shame it's not free for everyone who bought it.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are they gonna be releasing a next-gen physical version that's not just current gen and a digital upgrade? 'Cause I'd rather wait for that.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, I've missed every Remedy game since Max Payne 2. I finally started playing through Alan Wake when I heard that it ties into Control's DLC.

Is it worth playing through Quantum Break as well? How about the Alan Wake expansion?

SpiderLink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, that upgrade path is lame. To be clear, this is distinct from backwards compatibility, right? It would be a version of the game optimized for the new hardware?

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Nice! I've been waiting for the steam release for a long time,i can finally ditch my ps4 copy.