• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't get it, do they really expected people who own Xbox One to buy 1 game just because first DLC is timed exclusive? I really don't get it. Maybe if it was something like CoD but Remedy game is not even close to that level of popularity.

The strategy isn't about Control.

It's about everything. They want to get it into people's heads : PS4 gets treated better. PS4 players get the DLCs, the betas, the games, etc. They don't expect you to buy a system for the dlc of one game, they expect you to not have bought the Xbox in the first place, to buy the PS5 because they do this sort of shit. Even if they don't actually do it on the PS5, they want to get it into consumer's heads that the PS ecosystem gets the special perks.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
this is one of those games that won't be appreciated until much later on since it pretty much requires an RTX card...I can see this getting much more popular in 2-3 years or when the sequel comes out

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I own control on PlayStation but I might get it on pc for this - are there, like, Savegames one can download in preparation for the dlc? I'm not sure if I'm already prepared to play through the whole thing again when it's still fresh in my head.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I played on Xbox and it's deeply frustrating to have to wait an extra three months. I get it, the game needed all the funding it could get, but it sucks all the same.

Is there any word on if the delay will happen for the remaining DLC as well?

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, this is neat.

But anyone who owns Control will receive a free update with a bevy of quality-of-life improvements that Remedy says should address some of the feedback players have had with the main game. The main map has been improved, and the skill tree has been expanded upon, and there's been some tinkering with underused abilities. Players will also be able to reallocate ability points using Essence.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I played on Xbox and it's deeply frustrating to have to wait an extra three months. I get it, the game needed all the funding it could get, but it sucks all the same.

Is there any word on if the delay will happen for the remaining DLC as well?
before the game came out they said the exclusivity was only on the first piece of dlc

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 day): platform wars
Battlefield 4, Call of Duty, Tomb Raider etc... Oh how you Xbox only players forget.

Or would you 'timed exclusives suck' bunch just prefer the studio gets fully bought out instead?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Let's fucking GO! ☎
Great trailer and pumped for more Faden ❤️

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Money hatting expansions remains incredibly lame and anti consumer

I am hyped for the dlc because I loved the base game ( played on One X). But this timed exclusivity has to end.
What I cant understand is why Sony continue to do this, when they are absolutely the market leader and doesnt need to do anything of this. (Something similar with the KH3 Remind DLC...if there is so little people playing japanese games on Xbox, why delay some DLC for a "niche" japanese game?).

Sadly waiting for Juny :(

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah! So hyped for this. And it looks like we might learn more about Former!

Oct 26, 2017
Patiently waiting for the August Steam release with all DLC at half the price, assuming the other DLC will drop by August as well.

Trailer looks good.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
People ITT shitting on Sony and Epic but not on 505 Games who are the ones who signed all this exclusive shit... 🤔

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I have not played the game it. Can I watch the trailer or will it ruin the base game for me?

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Oooh I was just beginning to wonder when the first expansion was dropping after watching a Noah Gervais video on Control.
Super excited to get back to this world. With this and DOOM Eternal, it feels like the new games tap is finally open.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
For those asking if it's integrated into the story, it's only accessible post-game:

The Foundation is an all-new level, which can be accessed through the Hotline Chamber in Central Executive. Important note, in order to access The Foundation DLC, players will need to have completed the main game.

Within The Foundation, there's not only main missions to work through, but multiple side missions to get stuck into as well. On average (because this question tends to come up a lot) players can expect to get around 4-5 hours of all-new gameplay out of The Foundation.