• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely LOVED this game. Went in blind on Christmas and easily put 35 hours into it and 100%'d the game and then got the season pass. Been waiting for this!

oldzac

Jan 22, 2020
Awwww shit. Usually I don't bite on DLC that's released after I've already beaten a game, but this trailer has me hyped.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Seems like it might handle a few hanging threads from the base game and the environment manipulation abilities look cool.

Kind of wish the base game didn't feel so unfinished though. Hopefully people who get in at the "GOTY" edition will have all their questions answered.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
March 26th

Was disappointed in the exploration challenges, particularly how timed they are, so I dropped them.

But this seems to be story based dlc, so looking forward to it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Those dislikes on that trailer, what the hell? Looks incredible. Control is a late contender for best new IP of the generation.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn march 26th. Just in time for corona lockdown.

Unfortunately, I stopped playing the og in hopes for a ps5 bc patch. So i will probably wait on this as well.

OP
OP
hydruxo

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Some more details here too:

https://www.ign.com/articles/control-foundation-exclusive-first-details-trailer-expansion-remedy

Keeping in line with Control's mysterious atmosphere, the developers at Remedy refrained from divulging too much about the expansion's plot. We do know the expansion will take place after the events of the main game, when Jesse gets a call from the board alerting her of a disturbance that's causing the Oldest House's subterranean level, the Foundation, to go haywire. The bureau's Head of Operations Helen Marshall will also figure prominently into the expansion after she mysteriously went off on her own during the main storyline.

Control game director Mikael Kasurinen described the expansion as "an opportunity for [Remedy] to take the open-ended nature of the environments even further. The new area that you get to access is filled with mystery, discovery and player-driven exploration. As is the way of Control, it is embedded with symbolism. Exploring the foundation of the Oldest House is also about exploring the very foundation of Jesse herself. Who is she as the director and where does she need to from here?... Jesse will be tested unlike ever before."

Aside from the new storyline, there is a brand new skill in the expansion called "Shape" which is split into two forms: "Create" and "Fracture." This new ability is integral to the expansion not only because it's a new combat ability, but you'll need to use it to solve puzzles called "Rituals."

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like new abilities for Jesse and another visit from a Former character. Oh boy am I psyched

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping exclusive multiplat timed expansions are gone next gen
As a PS4 and PC player this doesn't effect me but i've been burned before and it feels like shit

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT

Happy to see new enemies confirmed, but I was not expecting new powers.

That on rails setpiece looked great, and Former!!! <3

Best boss.

I always thought that the struggle between Former and the Board was a much more interesting plot point than the Hiss invasion, and that was part of why the final stretch of the story felt so unsatisfying, so I'm glad to see them exploring it with this DLC.

Can't wait.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off Sony

Everybody is moving ahead with consumer friendly practices and you're still behind the times.

This was probably my favorite or 2nd favorite game this year but I'm not supporting that shit

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
completely forgot about this, another thing to play during my isolation. sucks about the timed exclusivity though

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Sony sure would be nice to drop your archaic exclusivity bs while everyones quarantined huh.
Otherwise excited, will play on xbox release

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Wait... This us a 3 month Sony exclusive? Fuck. If I have to wait 3 more months, fuck it, I can wait till both expansions are out and go on sale.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A three-month gap between PS4 and Xbox? What the fuck?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. Glad that Marshall is being featured here.

I remember NPC's talking somewhat mysteriously about Marshall going off on some task at the end of the main game, but no one knew exactly where she went.

edit: Also hoping for anything more on Dr. Darling.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Was that thing with the one eye what you fight in the fridge altered item?
HOLY SHIT

Happy to see new enemies confirmed, but I was not expecting new powers.

That on rails setpiece looked great, and Former!!! <3

Best boss.

I always thought that the struggle between Former and the Board was a much more interesting plot point than the Hiss invasion, and that was part of why the final stretch of the story felt so unsatisfying, so I'm glad to see them exploring it with this DLC.

Can't wait.

What they said. You fight it twice actually, when you interact with the Fridge and later the Flamingo.

By the way, the Former and the Board relationship is indeed pretty cool. I love how the Board talking about it feels threatened and even threatens Jesse to stay in line. It helps the Board be more than just a mystery. It's a mystery with character.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Jesus fucking Christ that timed exclusive is bullshit. 3 months? Fuck Xbox players I guess. This shit needs to die with next gen.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Does this intergrate into the main game? If not I probably wont mes with it.