• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
February is soon enough to make me purchase this on the current xbox sale

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Currently playing with full RT @4k averaging 70 fps. Really goes to show how big the difference between Ampere and consoles.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Skipped this last gen and will for sure play it on the PS5 when it becomes available.

I'll go for RT for sure. Stable 30 FPS is fine.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Nice will jump on this. I've been waiting to play this igame for about a year... waiting for it on GamePass, then waiting for the nextgen update.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Currently playing with full RT @4k averaging 70 fps. Really goes to show how big the difference between Ampere and consoles.

Wow impressive, the 3090 benchmarks show 65 fps average @1440p, how have you managed to get 70@4k?

Edit: Eurogamer benchmarks for clarity.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
What does cross-saves mean? Because as an owner of the vanilla game since launch that bought the ultimate edition, it's essentially the same sku just with all the DLC and an upgrade path to next gen version, so my save carried over to the last gen version. No idea if they will carry over to the next gen versions.

IIRC, I don't think they will carry over to the next gen version from vanilla PS4/Xbox One release to Ultimate Edition on PS5/Xbox Series. It will with Ultimate Edition PS4/Xbox One I think? Not super sure, though, I could be mistaken but I think you have to buy Ultimate Edition first in some form before your saves will transfer

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
The texture quality of the 60 FPS mode takes a big hit. You can't read "Administration" on the panel and we should be able to.
Overall, objects doesn't looks great.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how raytracing performs on these consoles, I'm pretty much convinced we're gonna have mid gen refreshes with power upgrades(Pro, X2? )

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The texture quality of the 60 FPS mode takes a big hit. You can't read "Administration" on the panel and we should be able to.

Its not the textures, its the reconstruction from lower ress. The resolution in 60fps mode looks almost like the pro version which is a bit of a shame. Quality mode looks much better

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Dope, will play with Raytracing. This might just be the first 30 fps game I play in a while, wonder how that's gonna be.

I get used to it after like...4 minutes, but I can't deny that when I've gone from playing games at 120 fps down to a 30 fps title, my brain initially thinks the game is actually stuttering, even if it's a smooth/well paced 30 fps.

At least based on the tweet, remember that Twitter massacres video with its compression.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
It's only $20 on Xbox right now, and it'll probably go on sale soon on the PS Store if you're interested
I've already paid for the game. Full price. Then, all the DLC. I'm not paying more when people who bought the same thing as me but packaged differently get it for free. $20 bucks are not gonna kill me, sure, but I'm not going to give it to them.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Great. In to finally play and finish this damn game. I've played about three hours then figured I should probably wait!

It's £17.50 in the current Xbox sale if anyone want's to pick it up in advance.
Tried to check how much it is on PSN at the moment but the PSN webstore is doing that thing where it doesn't show you the price of games or the 'add to cart' button.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
The only problem I see is that we don't get the Kojima mission on next-gen. Please Remedy, do something about it, it's supposed to be an Ultimate Edition

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
I consistently grab 60fps with this game at 1080p, with RT and everything else maxed out, and DLSS turned on with my 2080 Super, so it is possible. Though, I also know that neither console has a similar solution to DLSS yet. But, as long as the quality mode isn't a "choppy" 30fps, it should be just fine.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Find it weird this game isn't getting a pass on the lack of an upgrade option, but DMC 5 seemed to (not that I think any of them should have a pass).
Control is one of the games that push ray tracing a lot so will be interesting to compare with PC version.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
User Warned: Drive-By Platform Warring
Nah, I still prefer 60fps+ ray tracing on PC, thanks.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Trigger effect on PS5?

MGCYODm.png

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I platinumed the OG game before DLC came out. Does anyone know if PS4 saves work on the Ultimate Edition? I dont want to start over on a save for PS5 if I dont have to.