• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
vidaisonline: can you say something about the way resolution is handled this time? (or maybe digital foundry has a video of the preview build coming up?)

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see some of the team here! Very excited and have been from the start. I trust I will be in for some bizarre time with this one :>

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
This game looks insane. The art style is very intriguing and has a David Lynch vibe. Also the animations when she is hovering is next gen level.

Is there a release date? If it's sometime next year, I might just get it on PS5. Hopefully there will be a patch to utilize next gen systems.

Nah, it's coming out in August, which is a really good spot for it IMO. Perfect end of summer game before the big releases start hitting.

Oct 25, 2017
woo, dope thread OP, thanks :D

we're all here reading all the previews just like you lot and very glad for all the positive coverage!

haha well... gotta say it's very different than quantum break in terms of gameplay, story, abilities, how open the map is, how much you can play around in the space and experiment... it also doesn't have a TV tie in like quantum did. I get why you'd think that, though, the colour palette in some of the environments for example reminds me of quantum break! also both protags have a cool leather jacket

thanks!! so far it's showing to be a good decision
Whens Alan Wake jacket DLC?

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds great, can't wait. Pre-ordered it long ago and an August release is perfect.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Easy Allies are excited for it and Brad says he thinks it's his favorite Remedy game to date. Yeah, I'll be buying this day one.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they let us customize the HUD and turn a few things off, the enemies health bar kinda look out of place. Nitpicks aside the game looks absolutely amazing.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Does this game mainly play indoor? Haven't seen any daylight outdoor gameplay yet

Dec 14, 2017
Really looking forward to this. Only remedy game I haven't played is QB but I do intend to before control comes out. Been on a media blackout but these previews are really tempting

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Got my deluxe edition pre ordered, cannot wait for this.

I love Remedy, so I simply cannot wait for this.. Even thou Quantum Break had an average gameplay I did enjoy the storyline... Alan Wake is one of my favourite games from the last generation so I have no doubt I'll enjoy this.

Liked quantum break but got boring a few hours in. Will be getting Control but not for $60

Gameplay was really average in QD tbh

Oct 25, 2017
Read some of the previews and the game seems to be really promising. I think I'm going to pre-order it and Death Stranding tonight. This will be my first Remedy game too.

I hope this is one of their greats, with your avatar their work should be right up your alley!

$50...Me and you must have different definitions of "cheap".
Sorry, forgot about regional pricing. Should have just said $10 off. It's $19 in my region.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Will likely be my first remedy game in a long time after max Payne on ps2.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
They sold me already on this with the first gameplay. I do not need to know more and already pre-ordered; so far I loved everything Remedy has done. I also like weird and non-mainstream narratives (think of Dead Men by Jim Jarmush with Johnny Depp in the lead, or the book Zebulon by Rudy Wurlitzer). And I'm also glad they give the players lots of abilities that encourages you to NOT stick in cover. When the gameplay is even a bit close to QB's it's gonna be great, probably.

EdgeData

Sep 27, 2018
Max payne 1 and 2 are one of my favorite games of all time. I know Control is different but it still gives me some Max Payne vibes, cant wait to play it, probably the first game i've preordered.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Not sold yet, as Quantum Break was utterly disappointing despite previews being good. Let's hope Remedy can deliver with this one.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
this will likely be the first full priced game I'm buying on launch day this year. The next will be Borderlands 3.