• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Control_12.gif

Wow

charlieman999

Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Im worried about the combat depth. Are there enough powers, enemy & gun types to keep things exciting for 10+ hours?

This is my only concern with this game as well, that was my main complaint with Alan Wake, the only Remedy game i have played, there was not enough enemy and gameplay variety to keep things fresh for a 7-8 hour experience, i completed that game because the characters, the story and the atmosphere looked like something out of a Stephen King novel but the gameplay part was very lacking for me, hope this game is different because it looks awesome.

Last edited:

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Is the game going to be a metroidovaenia ? Because if that's the case it's gonna be a day 1 purchase for me .

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised that people are so into Metroidvania-style games. It is an immediate turn off to me. For example, it was the thing I liked least about the Tomb Raider games. It just made me frustrated running into so many roadblocks of places I couldn't enter yet. I have no desire to back track later when I have new equipment. Seems like the opposite of fun to me. I also loved Ori DESPITE the Metroidvania structure.

Last edited:

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Looking forward to this game, the Digital Deluxe PS4 seems better value over the PS4 steelbook.

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
This is my only concern with this game as well, that was my main complaint with Alan Wake, the only Remedy game i have played, there was not enough enemy and gameplay variety to keep things fresh for a 7-8 hour experience, i completed that game because the characters, the story and the atmosphere looked like something out of a Stephen King novel but the gameplay part was very lacking for me, hope this game is different because it looks awesome.

I would say yes. We know Alan Wake was a bit lacking in gameplay variety, we definitely had better variety in Quantum Break and hopefully the sandbox of Control is the best Remedy experience yet. In the footage that we've given out on Control and the demo people are playing at PAX, almost all abilities are unlocked and many weapon forms. Its not like you get all of that in the first few hours of the game. Plus there's so much weapon and ability customization to play around with.

Oct 28, 2017
Played this at PAX. It's... Cool. The transforming gun and powers are fun to mess around with. I wasn't super impressed with it visually, and the small sandbox they had available was not nearly as visually appealing as some of the gifs in here. I'm still optimistic though

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Anyone happen to know if there's a video out there of the "Shifting Place" theme you apparently get with the PS4 digital preorder? It says it gets you the theme and an avatar "after checkout" but I wonder if it's actually immediate

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Remedy did a live stream on the 15th don't know if it has been posted but here it is.

Gratitude for posting.

I have to say, sometimes there is so much effects going on on the screen, it's hard to tell what going on. The even have a mechanic to highlight objects behind all these effects. I wonder how that will affect the gameplay in the final game. If will only make the experience look cool and unique or if it will end up hurting the game a little.

Hopefully Remedy get this game right. I really want it to be not only good, but Max Payne level of great.