• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It should be such a minor thing in an otherwise excellent game, but it really is annoying. You're picking up mods every fight, there are so many different types for different situations, and you can carry what, 24? šŸ™
It wasn't such a big problem in the base game, when there were only ten or so different types of mods. The DLC's added so many more, however, that it's just silly. I've stopped caring at this point.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Anyone know if it's possible to transfer your Epic saves to Steam? I'd rather play the expansions on Steam, but probably not if I have to replay the whole thing again.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone know if it's possible to transfer your Epic saves to Steam? I'd rather play the expansions on Steam, but probably not if I have to replay the whole thing again.
I was wondering the same thing, but I don't have high hopes. On the contrary, I would gladly play the game all over again on Steam after finishing AWE on Epic.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Weird question- but does anyone know if the trophy for killing 100 enemies with shield rush applies to enemies outside of the Foundation content?

I put off doing that trophy until AWE arrives but I'm not sure if it counts.

zombipuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but what is with the constant stream of low level mods dropping? I'm at endgame, playing through the AWE DLC, and the game is still giving me useless level 3 and 4 drops instead of level 6 (or higher, if they exist). Are these high level mods reserved only for crafting and expeditions?

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but what is with the constant stream of low level mods dropping? I'm at endgame, playing through the AWE DLC, and the game is still giving me useless level 3 and 4 drops instead of level 6 (or higher, if they exist). Are these high level mods reserved only for crafting and expeditions?
Yeah, I had the same issue. Recycled 99% of the dropped mods, though there are some really good unique ones you can get in the AWE side quests.

zombipuppy

Oct 25, 2017
The inventory and mod system is easily the worst part of the game. Loot in general: I've beaten the main game and done every sidequest, still don't have Charge or the final Spin upgrade.
Yeah, I'm missing the final upgrade on one of my weapons too. No idea where to find the mat. I could look it up on a wiki or something but just seems so unnecessary.

Mod systems that add X amount percentage to this and that are just so boring. Despite all this, I'm looking forward to starting a new game soon. Wish there was a save file selection, but that's a whole other issue :)

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm missing the final upgrade on one of my weapons too. No idea where to find the mat. I could look it up on a wiki or something but just seems so unnecessary.

Haven't loaded this up in awhile (due to TLOU2 and GOT) but need to soon to play the dlc. So I might be misremembering but when you look at your materials there is some text with a number and location name. This should let you know where to farm to grab certain mats.

Followed it up and there should be something like this, via reddit,
"For example Astral Blip is CAT(2)-19275:RESEARCH. This means it drops in research and my suspicion is CAT(2) means it drops from killed enemies.
CAT1 is basic enemies, CAT2 is from both named enemies and item boxes, and the area in the name does seem to be directly connected to that sector. "

So if you want to avoid looking up a guide, try that?

Jebral

Oct 29, 2017
Just now got Foundation in the bag. More excellent Control content, what can I say? Question about the ending though.

Was the game supposed to just fade away when you approach Former? I feel like I bumped the controller and accidentally skipped something.

And I have to say thank goodness for the accessibility options. A certain post main game boss was pissing me off just a bit too much so he got the invulnerable option turned on.

Stupid Tommasi and the stupid invisible asshole that spawns into the stupid fight half way through.

Good riddance, hello skill points.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Still very early in the game, but I am completely captivated the the plot so far. Can't wait to play more and find out exactly what's going in. Really loving the mystery here.

Such a bizarre world remedy had built, and it certainly feel like a Remedy game.

I walked down a hallway and randomly noticed a picture of
Jesse as the new director haha!
Thought that was such a cool touch.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just now got Foundation in the bag. More excellent Control content, what can I say? Question about the ending though.

Was the game supposed to just fade away when you approach Former? I feel like I bumped the controller and accidentally skipped something.
Yup, it fades as soon as you see those creepy tentacles among the columns. At least you got to talk to it earlier about sandwiches!

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Has anyone extensively tried out the new Surge weapon? Is it worth investing in? I've mostly been using the Pierce and standard Grip
I tried it but didn't see any real reason to switch away from Pierce for 90% of my shooting. Pierce loaded out with damage mods can annihilate pretty much anything (and there's a unique mod you can get in AWE that basically eliminated the charge up time).

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I tried it but didn't see any real reason to switch away from Pierce for 90% of my shooting. Pierce loaded out with damage mods can annihilate pretty much anything (and there's a unique mod you can get in AWE that basically eliminated the charge up time).
Shit, I need to find that mod. I heavily rely on Pierce but it's tough to use against the teleporting melee guys who run at you

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Just completed the base game and...it felt very short? I've been playing in small parts for around 6 months but I completed the final level without much in the way of upgrades or doing any side mission stuff, so it felt very hollow. I really was expecting a final boss fight at the end there with
Dylan and the slide projector
but it just gives you super powers and then ends? So underwhelming.
I did buy the edition with all the DLC back when it was on sale though so hoping for something a little more interesting with those.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So, here's a dumb question... how do I access the AWE DLC? I already downloaded the latest update and completed the main game and the foundation...

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
go back to central executive and then go to the elevator.
Didn't thought about going there since I read that it popped up inmediately o ce you started playing lol
Thanks!!

EDIT: So I went to the elevator and even use it but nothing happened... I'm lost
Should I delete the game and install it again and download the DLC?

Last edited:

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
EDIT: So I went to the elevator and even use it but nothing happened... I'm lost
Should I delete the game and install it again and download the DLC?

When I loaded the game after buying AWE, I got a new mission called "A Dark Place" or something like that. Maybe you need it to be active when activating the elevator? Also, you need to have finished the main game.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
When I loaded the game after buying AWE, I got a new mission called "A Dark Place" or something like that. Maybe you need it to be active when activating the elevator? Also, you need to have finished the main game.
I had to delete the game and install it again and then download the dlc, after all that the mission popped up right away.

Thanks for the reply!

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
On PS4 I had to restore licenses, you probably could have gotten away with just verifying the files if you were on PC but I don't think you actually had to redownload the whole thing.

Adding the dlc via the store and signing off and on on the account did the trick for me on release.

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm playing the game on my Xbox with the standard edition but thinking of buying the ultimate edition for the DLC/next gen upgrade. Will my mid-game save come over if I buy the UE or will it make me start over?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
So I'm playing the game on my Xbox with the standard edition but thinking of buying the ultimate edition for the DLC/next gen upgrade. Will my mid-game save come over if I buy the UE or will it make me start over?
Just forget the DLC for now. If you want to play it, better to wait to play it in the next gen version.

I'm not sure if there are any time limits around the free next gen upgrade via the Ultimate Edition, so better to wait until the next gen version actually comes out. At that point the UE will probably be cheaper, so you can just buy it then.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Ultimate Edition is already out, and it costs $40 to the base game's $60. That's like half of what people are mad about, since the base game and season pass are still available for purchase even though the Ultimate Edition has the exact same content for cheaper.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've started playing the DLC's this weekend and while it has reminded me of what an amazing game Control is, i feel frustrated about the end game combat even more than before. Early in the game i feel that your launch-attack and weapons works really well complementary to each other. In the late game however i feel that your weapons at most do some chip damage to enemies, which creates a combat loop of you just having to spam launch attacks over and over. It's frustrating because it makes it unnecessarily repetitive and when you meet enemies that hoover and dodge your launch attacks it just feels dumb to keep launching things and wait for them to miss a dodge. But not even a fully upgraded Grip with damage perks deal enough damage to be worth the time to use.

On top of this the glass cannon-balance of Jesse is as annoying as ever. You're never more than two seconds from dying and it takes away enjoyment of the fights. What's wierd about this is even though the game is not hard and i've not died more than maybe 2 times a few hours in to the expansions.. i still feel this balance takes away a lot of the fun of the battles.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Man this fight

The second Tomassi fight in Containment

is fucking rough. He's not so bad on his own, my absolute-modded Pierce would make short work of him, but the adds keep fucking my world up.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nĆøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Hopefully the Ultimate goes on sale soon. I picked into the limited edition for $10, so the upgrade at a low price would be extra nice.

They should still do a digital upgrade, some how.

Nov 24, 2018
I'm looking for something to play to keep me occupied up to the launch of the new consoles. I was planning on picking up the Ultimate Edition for the next gen upgrade at launch, however that's not due until 2021 now.

Did they ever improve performance on the One X version of the game? The Digital Foundry footage from around launch didn't look great.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I'm looking for something to play to keep me occupied up to the launch of the new consoles. I was planning on picking up the Ultimate Edition for the next gen upgrade at launch, however that's not due until 2021 now.

Did they ever improve performance on the One X version of the game? The Digital Foundry footage from around launch didn't look great.
Wait till Control hits the bargain bin. Maybe check out Ghost of Tsushima if you haven't already, the SP is phenomenal and the free co-op mode they just added (Legends) is great too.

Nov 24, 2018
Wait till Control hits the bargain bin. Maybe check out Ghost of Tsushima if you haven't already, the SP is phenomenal and the free co-op mode they just added (Legends) is great too.

I'm looking for Xbox stuff really, got a bunch of credit to use and have had my eye on Control for a while. I think Ghost will kill my already dying launch PS4 at this stage.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Been playing on PC with the new RTX3080 and this game is gorgeous. I only have the base edition so I'm hoping DLC sales eventually happen. About 10 hours in

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Anybody knows if saves and trophies from the standard edition carry over to the ultimate edition?