• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I started this on PC the other day finally. Damn it's a performance hog. I'm used to lowering settings in AAA games on my four year old system, but even after putting this on Low settings I'm not getting 60fps.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
This game is available for $20 on PSN. I only have a PS4 base, is the performance as bad as I've heard? I'm considering buying the game as an investment to play on my PS5. Although maybe the value of the game in the secondhand market will be lower by then anyways.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just checked the thread to see when AWE is out and it looks like it's still confusing, huh? I don't really want to play Foundation until AWE is out, so I guess I'll uninstall the game and wait for AWE.

Deleted member 66837

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Jumping back into the game to platinum the main story (a bunch of board countermeasures and bureau alerts to do) then saving The Foundation and AWE for PS5

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Had to take a break from the final boss of The Foundation last night. Been a fun spot of DLC but getting flashbacks to the frustrating Cleanse the Siphons mission from the main campaign. Some of it is on me to git gud when they throw the kitchen sink at you, but there's been enough cheap deaths, falls and minimal opportunities for health regen that it starts to suck the joy from the hours leading up to it. Will mess with the loadout and try again later today.

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded this from PS Now last night with very little prior knowledge of what it is...

What the hell is this game?

It's like someone put a Lost ARG in an episode of the X-Files, and at the same time put a TPS-Souls hybrid in an office building.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Any news on the AWE expansion?

The Foundation did nothing for me, it was just bland but maybe the AWE will do.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Would it have killed them to put checkpoints outside boss rooms??? Dying to this big snake thing in the bottom of the pit then having to make my way all the way back there is so annoying.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I just checked and I do have that control point, though I don't remember from when. At the time I was fighting that pit boss I was dropping straight down from Central Research, and down the elevator shaft, past that woman's office, etc. So yes, there is a closer checkpoint, but you still run the risk of taking damage to reach the boss, and it's still poor design because after defeating the boss there's a side room with a control point which is just a fast travel spot. So why not instead of that, have the player drop into that room on the way to fight the boss? That way they'd restart a few yards away, or could fast travel out. That would be so much better.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
tbh my favourite bit from this Foundation DLC aside from having closure with Marshall is having a working relationship with The Former
AtZHXMU.png

lm4AWPg.png

0fi7aWy.png

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is it possible to get all ID cards after you've completed the campaign and the tower becomes the nail? There's one ID card I'm missing that I maybe can't get now that the tower is gone...
EDIT: Nevermind, I had to use the skeleton key at the bottom of the tower with the red locked door lol

Last edited:

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Gave up waiting for AWE news so started Control finally.

This game is straight up the weirdest game I've played this year. Maybe an hour in and it's not getting any less weird. lol

Oct 30, 2017
Currently finishing Underhill's mission but am probably going to have to come back after I level up a bit. Enemies jumped from 6 to 9 just by going down The Pit. Their spore attack is ridiculous.

Also I feel like the Mold is so disconnected from the plot right now. You have all these kinds of Hiss enemies to play with and instead we get a Last of Us style enemy halfway through the game and the boss battle, which I got killed in 2 hits after stepping from behind a rock, is just weird.

All the while everyone at the facility has such a cavalier attitude to everything being fucked up and are like "whatever bruh" to 80% of the workforce either floating in the air or being blasted in the face by me.

I don't know, man. I have my concerns, but overall I'm digging the game a lot. It scratches that Twin Peaks/SCP itch like nothing else with its mixture of bizarro scenarios with a splash of humor thrown in here and there. It is certainly a game that is trying to do something different and that is high praise in 2020.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a huge fan of SCP and Alan Wake, so I just picked this game up yesterday and haven't been able to put it down. I feel like I almost missed something special.

Any way someone could let me know how far I am? I just got to the
Black Rock Quarry.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a huge fan of SCP and Alan Wake, so I just picked this game up yesterday and haven't been able to put it down. I feel like I almost missed something special.

Any way someone could let me know how far I am? I just got to the
Black Rock Quarry.
If you're just talking main plot, like close to halfway through. But you'll soon start to have side missions pop-up. Don't forget to check Ahti's "to-do" board in his office!

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Missed the PSN sale AGAIN. The second time I have thought about buying at $20 and then the day that I decide to, it goes away. Must be a sign.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
The expansion looks delightful. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm semi expecting an Alan Wake 2 tease, just for it to be answered in like 5 years.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
so what happens to everyone who already owns the game? You have to buy a whole new game and start over? Or can you upgrade to "ultimate whatever"

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Worst part of it is that the 'Ultimate Edition' will probably only download a 100kb-ish unlock key to your console if you already have the game and DLC installed. It's absolute bullshit.

mickcenary

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the base game a few days ago.

What an idiotic story. Some of the forced exposition in the dialogue is horrendous also.

Other than that, it's fun enough, but incredibly one-note in terms of gameplay. I felt the exact same way playing Alan Wake: solid gunplay, but boring encounter design and not enough variation within the shooting/traversal mechanics themselves.

The paranormal/brutalist vibe is great, though (barring some terrible writing).

All in all, the hardest 7 that ever 7'd.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Came back to this game and half of my weapons have been reset and I can't upgrade them. Anyone had this issue and know of a fix?

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Update looks to be out on Epic. I sure hope the patch doubles the number of mods you can carry. 😝 Being constantly full and having to disassemble them was an annoying thing about the game.