• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Ah. Ok.

Yeah how many are in the game and how varied are they? I do have the two deluxe edition ones. From what I can tell in the thumbnails they just look like palette swaps more than costume changes?
the ones i got from preordering the game are definitely entire costume changes, the MC's hairstyle even changes.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This game is out on PC, right?

I just bought it on Epic's store, and in my library it says "Unavailable" instead of "Install".

I'm in NYC

What gives?

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some Xbox One X Screen Shots:
fWHNYuf.png

WLowOXG.png

SKSgKUa.png

WMbtz6f.png

y7ydprx.png

osx943I.png

5m6vad6.png

Control needs Photo Mode ( QB too )
Oh hell yea this looks tight, I'll grab it on Xbox tomorrow.
Steam in a year.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Question first hour into it, does the gunplay get any better so far it's pretty boring. Also does this game start to make more sense as it goes on I'm so confused
You get more abilities further down the story. But ultimately it's a shooter and stays a shooter, so I'm not sure what your expectations are and if they are met later on. The game will make more sense after you talk to other characters and read and listen to notes, letters and audio recordings. Also watch out for environmental clues and think about what actually happens and what meaning could be behind the obvious (IIRC it's also said at the very beginning, that things are often meant to distract us, like posters on a wall).

Can they patch the map, FFS?
The different grey shades represent the floors. So if you are on a light grey shade but want to go to a darker shade you have to change floors. It requires a bit effort aside from the usual open world/RPG map and since you can still move while looking at it (which is awesome) I think they wanted it to keep it simple in terms of navigating the map (like selecting floors, etc.). It also helps not constantly watching the map but the environment and recall certain rooms to orientate yourself better.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
so, I've found an object of power going out of the beaten path, but haven't found any new weapons yet. Does anyone know where I could get the shotgun (which I guess its called shatter)?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
so, I've found an object of power going out of the beaten path, but haven't found any new weapons yet. Does anyone know where I could get the shotgun (which I guess its called shatter)?

I think you have to construct it at a fast travel point. You get that ability at some point in the storyline, you don't find it.

Oct 27, 2017
LOVE LOVE LOVE how forgiving/generous the launch ability is. I assumed there was gonna be some skill involved where you had to directly look at the thing you wanted and then accurately throw it to land a hit.

The fact that you can pretty much fling shit willy nilly makes it awesome and helps keep up the flow of combat.

Liquid_

Oct 19, 2018
Does anyone know if there's a photo tool available on PC for the game ?

ANSEL isn't supported and I badly need that freecam mode.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Really enjoying the game, but damn I wish the large quantity of jank just wasn't there. Silly little things at first like your character running up on chairs and stuff is weird janky movement stuff from what feels like the PS1/PS2 generation and that we were past that.

Playing on a base PS4 and by fuck does the framerate go to like 3fps whenever I do telekinesis stuff.

Also whenever finishing a mission, the game straight up just freezes for 5 seconds. I am quite surprised it made it out of QC at all on consoles :/

Last edited:

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this game is fun and I haven't even unlocked my abilities. For those playing on the PS4 remember to activate system zoom for reading. Square + home button to zoom in makes reading so much easier.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I found it at the start, can't remember where but basically early on (I think after the first cleanse zone). Poor me though as I deconstructed shatter and I've yet to find another one. I fucked up bad here, wasn't sure what I was doing yet.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Still very early on, just cleared the first control point, but I kind of love everything about this so far.

Huge SCP vibes, interesting story set up and the narration framing looks like it could be something pretty neat. The presentation is peak Remedy so far, that title card drop was just aces.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
This game looks so freaking awesome, and I want to buy it so bad, but there's no way I'll get it for my base PS4. Seeing how rough it runs at times on the PRO makes me think it'll be a slideshow on the regular ol' PS4. I understand and applaud Remedy for pushing tech forward, but it really sucks that I won't be able to properly play this game until the PS5 (I hope, anyway)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
LOVE LOVE LOVE how forgiving/generous the launch ability is. I assumed there was gonna be some skill involved where you had to directly look at the thing you wanted and then accurately throw it to land a hit.

The fact that you can pretty much fling shit willy nilly makes it awesome and helps keep up the flow of combat.
Yup. Even in places with no objects or looking at the ground she just takes a chunk of concrete out of the wall/floor.

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Even with performance as it is on Pro/X, I think that will be have to be my avenue (X specifically). My PC handles stuff well enough most of the time but people with waaay better specs than mine in the PC performance thread are reporting iffy results, so I'll save myself the headache of fiddling forever.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am enjoying the hell out of Control so far. The type of horror and atmosphere it's going for is phenomenal to the point that I'm going to have to find some books I can read with a similar style.

Good shit, Remedy.

Kodaemon

Banned
Jul 21, 2019
I'm loving the lore. SCP, The Secret World, Welcome to Night Vale and Legion (TV show) rolled into one. Also, as far as visuals go, Remedy have definitely watched Beyond the Black Rainbow. This is game feels tailor-made for me :P

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
Really enjoying the game, but damn I wish the large quantity of jank just wasn't there. Silly little things at first like your character running up on chairs and stuff is weird janky movement stuff from what feels like the PS1/PS2 generation and that we were past that.

Playing on a base PS4 and by fuck does the framerate go to like 3fps whenever I do telekinesis stuff.

Also whenever finishing a mission, the game straight up just freezes for 5 seconds. I am quite surprised it made it out of QC at all on consoles :/
It was discussed here before, the game simply isn't on a playable state for the base versions of PS4 and Xbox One. It honestly should have been a X/PRO exclusive.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Quick question for those playing: M+KB or Gamepad

I tried gamepad and its a joke as far as I'm concerned.

Even switching the assist features off, it doesn't feel right. There's a turn speed limitation of some sort if you make right stick inflexion quickly from centre to furthest away. I then used the Steam Controller's mouse-joystick where its easier to test that motion (which emulates mouse movement from the stick, usually flawlessly) and that had the same issue.

The game does not support simultaneous mouse and gamepad, which would the ideal solution for me with these third person shooters - so I can't use the Steam Controller in that way.

The only option that feels fine, is keyboard and mouse (or the same with the Steam Controller). Less finesse in movement without analogue stick movement, but the KB and Mouse controls compensate well enough for this, so it isn't an impediment. Strongly recommend KB+M

s y

Nov 8, 2017
finally figured out what the gameplay reminded me of, this is basically infamous.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I tried gamepad and its a joke as far as I'm concerned.

Even switching the assist features off, it doesn't feel right. There's a turn speed limitation of some sort if you make right stick inflexion quickly from centre to furthest away. I then used the Steam Controller's mouse-joystick where its easier to test that motion (which emulates mouse movement from the stick, usually flawlessly) and that had the same issue.

The game does not support simultaneous mouse and gamepad, which would the ideal solution for me with these third person shooters - so I can't use the Steam Controller in that way.

The only option that feels fine, is keyboard and mouse (or the same with the Steam Controller). Less finesse in movement without analogue stick movement, but the KB and Mouse controls compensate well enough for this, so it isn't an impediment. Strongly recommend KB+M
I'm playing with K/M because I'm fanatic to headshot lol besides the only preset on my mouse is V to 4 bottom

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty game for sure. But got a few artefacts. Using ray tracing, very quick mouse movements leaves an "un-rendered" outline / ghost on certain furniture for a very brief moment. Might be related to playing the game at variable refresh (80hz to 110hz mostly)

So the review that claimed that this has no atmosphere was clearly trolling.

Yeah that's ridiculous. Shit, the main menu that you get lumped in when the game starts oozes atmosphere from the ambient track that plays

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really love exploring every nook and cranny, reading all the various posters and whatnot.

What the fuck is this though

ljulrTN.jpg

Pic of the MC, early on in the game.

Edit: Oh shit, they're everywhere.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Sorry to interrupt the thread, but for Humble Bundle folks, were you getting this inability to install after redeeming it (finally)? I rdeemed at work about 2 hours ago and just got home to install and can't.

Kfq8ngt.png

Edit: And of course, now the Install is there. Disregard >.<

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Did anyone else get totally turned around at the beginning when

you meet the janitor for the first time? You end up back in the lobby and I got really confused when I realised that given the route you take there was no possible way you were back in the lobby, so I walked all the way back and yep, it's fucking with you from the word go.

I thought it was weird but I didn't go back to check. Such a great detail.

I'm seeing some people saying this game reminded them of Prey and I must say it didn't have the same effect on me. The first hours of Control reminded me of no game at all. So weird and unpredictable. I feel it's carving new space for itself.

Also, I wouldn't mind hearing the whoosh sound of grabbing an object all day long.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really liking this so far.

There was another relatively recent game that did a similar thing where it started distorting music near the end of combat or something? Am I thinking of RE 2 or The Evil Within 2?

Edit: It's been a long ass time since I played Alan Wake. I might actually just be thinking of that.

The portraits literally change from Trench to Faden the moment she gets the Service Weapon.
Oh shit