• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
JESUS CHRIST, how is the performance this bad on regular consoles? It's almost unplayable at times.

There should be some kind of buyer beware thread or something.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Do you at any point get an ability or something to show locked doors on the map? I like metroidvania backtracking, but a huge quality of life change would be to mark stuff you can't get into yet on the map.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hah, just had a fun little gameplay moment with the raytracing. Had finished up a combat sequence but the combat music was still on. After about 30-40 seconds of some meandering, and looking for the guy...

...I manage to spot him sneaking up on me, with the window's reflection!

j0QiuWi.jpg

That's actually awesome.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
STILL no key from Humble

This is now on the page when you try to view your purchase:

Please note: We are aware that there are key redemption issues for both new and preorder Control customers. Please check back soon as we continue to resolve this with our partners, thank you for your patience.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So outside all the performance talk, can anyone tell me:

1. About how long the game is supposed to be.

2. How enjoyable would this be for another person to watch someone play? Alan Wake and Quantum Break felt like actual TV shows (one actually was technically), my partner likes watching me play horror video games but only if they don't have TOO much downtime. How would this be for that sort of activity?

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Game hangs to black screen after 2-3 minutes, no support forum to ask, in fact people are asking about these kind of problems on "steam discussion board" for the game :(

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
- Yowza does this one have amazing presentation.

- Story is intriguing. I'm genuinely curious to know what this place is and what happened here.

- Glad to see Remedy alumni Poets of The Fall, Courtney Hope and James McCaffrey back again.

- The reflections - holy shit lol. Beyond what I expected for a PS4 game. Almost feels like a next gen experience.

- Framerate seems to be a solid 30 on my Pro so far. Would definitely feel better at 60 but there's no way it could happen with these graphics.

- My initial impression is this is the most Remedy game Remedy has made so far, or will be once I find a power that slows down time.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Can't decide if this is worth trying instead of astral chain. The combat looks fun, but also really basic. Having the same gun(albeit modified) and mostly just throwing junk seems like it would get old

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
On my PC, load times were really long on my standard hard drive, but on SSD after clearing some space to reinstall, reloads take 5 seconds or less. MUCH better!

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Playing at 4k Max settings all Ray tracing options on. Dlss 1080p locked 60 and it actually looks really good. Best dlss implementation I've seen.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
In what senses does this take inspiration from House of Leaves?

And --- I heard that it's partly based on some SCP stories; is that true?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So outside all the performance talk, can anyone tell me:

1. About how long the game is supposed to be.

2. How enjoyable would this be for another person to watch someone play? Alan Wake and Quantum Break felt like actual TV shows (one actually was technically), my partner likes watching me play horror video games but only if they don't have TOO much downtime. How would this be for that sort of activity?

It is very slick and stylish early on, and fairly story heavy. Good pacing too, where just as it feels like you want to actually chuck a couch at an enemy, one appears.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
It does! I was surprised to find the option after installing it this morning before work. They really should make that more clear.

Appreciate the reply! I bought a key this morning and didn't have a chance to install it yet. I have a gaming laptop I take on the road with me and was wondering if I could pick up where I left off on my gaming desktop. Glad cloud saves made it in.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here rocking a 1060 playing the game at 1080p? I'm curious as to how it runs. I really want to buy it on my Pro but I'm scared about how the shooting feels on it. Is there crazy input lag/bad deadzone on consoles or does it feel good?

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
JESUS CHRIST, how is the performance this bad on regular consoles? It's almost unplayable at times.

There should be some kind of buyer beware thread or something.
I am happy I didn't pre-order it. I will just for the PS5 to play it. If publishers and studios are gonna release games like this on the base consoles they might as well make them X and PRO exclusive.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018
I'm about two hours in and absolutely loving it so far. Story is intriguing, combat is fun and not too difficult so far, and the destruction physics are insane. It's so much fun just to go around destroying everything.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
In what senses does this take inspiration from House of Leaves?

And --- I heard that it's partly based on some SCP stories; is that true?

The entire game is set in a building that is basically the house from House of Leaves - bigger on the inside than out and keeps rearranging itself.

And the worldbuilding and lore are heavily inspired by the whole SCP style of writing. Lots of redactions for mystery or creepiness, lots of bureaucratic names for cataloguing the supernatural. Even the idea of SRAs from SCP are basically rebranded here as "HRAs."

All your powers are basically obtained from a variety of (original) anomalous objects with their own SCP-style writeups and backstories.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What's the level design like in this game? Is it strictly linear, or does it have exploration/mertroidvania elements as well?

It's surprisingly hard to find reviews that even mention the basic structure of a game.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
This is nitpicking because I'm really enjoying the game. After the dry, flavourless trudge that was Quantum Break it's great to be back with batshit crazy, surreal, funny Remedy. But why oh why doesn't changing the gun form have a sound effect? It's crying out for a satisfying clunk/click/whirr but it's completely silent. Strange oversight.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna queue up for my WoW classic realm and then play this game and probably forget about my queue lol. It looks so good.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
I've been looking for something that's moody so this fits perfectly for me. I usually enjoy Remedy's games.

I'm going to go for the Xbox One X version only because I associate Remedy with Microsoft.