• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
I'm gonna do some testing later. I posted a video above and 4K High with RTX + DLSS (vsync enabled) gets you between 40 and 60 fps. Apparently the DLSS implementation is very good. With Freesync, if I can get my FPS between 50 and 60 FPS I'll be happy.

Was that with the highest or the middle RTX setting with only reflections?

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck me. My G2play key cannot be delivered, but thankfully they're refunding me the full amount plus a discount on my next purchase.

Great, so now I have to buy it from EGS.

Wait, it doesn't work. For some reason my EGS billing account is set to Sweden, so neither PayPal or Credit Card purchases work in the store. I've asked Epic to correct this, but it will probably take ages.

So yeah. Fuck me, then.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I don't know about that, Steam is much slower for me.

Make sure your download region is set correctly, or try changing it to a different one if it already is. Many of Steam's content servers are provided by third parties, some of which are probably not going to have the bandwidth to spare to max out faster connections, but in ideal circumstances, Steam can max out even a 2Gbps connection.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck me. My G2play key cannot be delivered, but thankfully they're refunding me the full amount plus a discount on my next purchase.

Great, so now I have to buy it from EGS.

Wait, it doesn't work. For some reason my EGS billing account is set to Sweden, so neither PayPal or Credit Card purchases work in the store. I've asked Epic to correct this, but it will probably take ages.

So yeah. Fuck me, then.
Well fuck.
Sorry you had to learn it from me. At least you're getting it solved.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I woke up randomly at 4am and since I couldn't sleep anymore, I decided to start the game.

Played 3h of it, I'm completely in love with this

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
No, I bought the PS4 Pro version because there was exclusive content and a fantastic bundle deal that included the Season Pass. I had hoped that the Pro version would be up to snuff and I could live with whatever inferiorities it had compared to the One X version but instead, the game is quite a mess technically speaking.

I love the game itself but the rough performance, soft IQ, shimmering/jagged edges and LOD issues are a real crying shame.

so, performance is bad on Pro? well, there goes my purchase, first no difficulty options, no HDR and now bad performance too? what a shame, already found a used copy for 40€, would have jumped in but with those technical problems it is locked for a deep sale...

Puck

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting on my Humble Key. The "Download Control" link leads to a "this page is claimed" message, and no key or way to redeem the game on EGS.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Any word on a patch for consoles to improve performance?
I have a base PS4 and I'm REALLY interested in this, but performance issues like that in such an action heavy game is kind of a dealbreaker...

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this out for the UK? Last I checked EGS said it releases tomorrow, whereas obviously ..... most are seemingly playing it today?

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
So the price for the PC key is now on par, in some cases even higher than for physical console versions.
I really don't want to support this, you can't resell activated PC keys. This whole Epic store charade will drive up prices for PC games. Thanks for creating a anti-consumer monopoly, Epic, negating one of the hallmarks of PC gaming: cheap games.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Redeeming the GFE key requires an RTX card, but doing so spits out the actual game keys for Control and WolfYb as neither EGS nor BethNet have an OAuth-based key redemption system, and they can be activated by anybody.
No. Just bought a key from some dude on eBay. Was directly redeemed through Egs. I also use an AMD/Radeon System

Ah, I see. So I should look for someone who already redeemed the voucher and sells the actual keys. Thanks.

edit: Maybe one of you who has a RTX card would be cool with redeeming a US RTX voucher for me and forward me the Epic key?

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
based on the initial sections of the game, the game seems to hold a 50 hz v sync most of the time at 1440p with all settings maxed including ray tracing on my 2080 ti and it seems to generate an even more stable 60 fps at 1440p DLSS (generated from a 1080p image). Better than expected given the number of rtx effects at the same time. The difference between normal 1440p and 1440p DLSS is not so visible in this game because of all the post processing, so right now I will prob go for the latter.. Too bad nvidia sharpening is not supported. Have someone tried reshade with the AMD sharpening port?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Back home for lunch, was planning to install now so I can play tonight, but it says Unavailable on my Epic Games Store library... weird.
Restarted the Epic Games Launcher and it works now, installing as I type!

Oct 25, 2017
Played it a bit on the PS4 Pro this morning. It ran fine, and looks solid, if a bit blurry. HDR would have been something with this game.

I'm enjoying it so far, but the aiming feels a bit imprecise, and not as good as one would hope from a TPS.

Royer

Oct 27, 2017
First digital game I've bought on the official store (EGS) since ages! I'm really hyped to arrive home and give it a try, for what I've seen, Remedy has created an equally good game as Alan Wake, and that sounds amazing