• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit last night and once you get into the groove, it's really fun. It's also appropriately creepy at times. I just wish Remedy had made a preset for the 3D audio on the Sony headsets that support downloading them. I had hoped there was a chance for that with the small exclusivity deal they have with Playstation.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I put in roughly 3 hours and really loving the game. Graphics look great, if a little grainy (on One X). I have not had any performance issues, but can say that slight pausing when accessing the map is there though. I have not had any texture pop in issues though as reported by some on the PRO. I am taking the game slowly looking in every corner, stopping to read each collectible etc. A tip, I suggest turning ON the subtitles, when those odd sounding voices start, it is a little hard to understand them and with sub-titles on, you can read what they are saying/whispering etc.

I got to the point where you get the Level 1 key and you fight a boss...will not mention name or anything for spoiler purposes, but it has been a hell of a ride so far. It is a complete mind fuck type of game though. In the early part when you get into the building there is a part where you go through, but once you get back to where you started, the area that you just were in is gone and it just is a bit freaky. Gun play and having my first power is really great so far. Some of the collectibles are great reads and do watch the videos again from the menu as they are full screen and look better imho opinion.

I have not come across any side missions as of yet, but am looking at searching every room I come across. As mentioned I just got the Level 1 key so not sure if I missed anything or if they are later in the game. Overall, with 3 hours in it is fantastic so far.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Only got to play for a little bit yesterday but can't wait to jump back in tonight. Love the details and the world building. Looks stunning as well, Pro handling it well but bizarrely, paintings do seem to lag for a second. It's more of a double take thing because when you swing back it's clear but it's happened enough to know that it isn't just my eyes being dodgy lol. Still, aside from that all good.

Wow so the season pass is $25 huh. I guess pre-ordering that bundle on PSN for $72 with PS+ was actually a pretty good deal.
Yep. I still wish I'd have had the choice on the X as native 4K would have been amazing, but in the end had to go with the Pro for the value.

£50 for just the base or £8.50 more to have the season pass (+ early access to first expansion), exclusive side mission and outfit. Too good to pass up.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Gameplay really didn't click too much with me until I reached the
Directorial Override mission. There was a locked door that was above my clearance level and I just obliterated the glass surrounding it and walked in anyways. Felt extremely linear until that point.
I had been loving everything else though!

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Wow, just played the first 1,5 hours ( need to go to work now) and I can already feel that this is a special game. I love the atmosphere, sounddesign and snappy controls, the world building and exploration. Can't wait to dig deeper in the evening.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Can someone explain to me why the epic store doesn't have a fucking preload function?
I mean i have a fast internet connection so it's not really a problem for me, but what about people with slow internet? They basically gonna play the game after a day of download, how the fuck is this possible in 2020??

Rams

Dec 13, 2017
Can I use the new nvidia freestyle sharpening? In other words, is the game already supported by Geforce Experience?

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Epic Store is super confusing. The games page says it releases on the 27th, however my library tells me it unlocks on the 28th.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Loving the game so far, getting the same wacky feelings from Alan Wake! Game looks really good on an OLED display... But colors seem a bit off due to the lack of HDR.

The reds especially would benefit a ton from it since it would increase the many color palette

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Surprised to see the Season Pass was already available yesterday night. I thought it was supposed to release much later. It also includes the additional mission only available on the Deluxe Edition.

Anyway, eager to start it today.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
That's not encouraging. The amount of pop in, jagged edges and shimmering combined with the questionable performance are bringing back memories of Quantum Break on the original Xbox One. The IQ is obviously better than that ever was but still, the rest of the visual makeup is disappointingly similar.
did you buy the ps4 pro version assuming it'd be better than the xbox one x? has that ever been the case?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
did you buy the ps4 pro version assuming it'd be better than the xbox one x? has that ever been the case?
No, I bought the PS4 Pro version because there was exclusive content and a fantastic bundle deal that included the Season Pass. I had hoped that the Pro version would be up to snuff and I could live with whatever inferiorities it had compared to the One X version but instead, the game is quite a mess technically speaking.

I love the game itself but the rough performance, soft IQ, shimmering/jagged edges and LOD issues are a real crying shame.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
t55ZNNI.gif
etYWTvo.gif

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Just bought this thinking it was already out .. Some of you guys say its going to be available in 40 minutes? The store here says the 28th (Europe, Belgium)

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I'm getting the itch to buy this since they said it's like a metrovania type game.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
10 minutes to go!! Until I can start the download at which point I will probably still have to wait an hour or so.

Demption

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is a great fucking game, gameplay is somewhere between solid to great and the story and worldbuilding are one of the best in the industry.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
No, I bought the PS4 Pro version because there was exclusive content and a fantastic bundle deal that included the Season Pass. I had hoped that the Pro version would be up to snuff and I could live with whatever inferiorities it had compared to the One X version but instead, the game is quite a mess technically speaking.

I love the game itself but the rough performance, soft IQ, shimmering/jagged edges and LOD issues are a real crying shame.
fair enough, yeah it's a shame as currently the performance tanks bad in a lot of the fights.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Yes also stupid. There should at least be a cheap buy option to multi-platform in those cases e.g. $15.00 to buy the other platform. To pay twice at full price is stupid and I don't support that.

How would you then handle cases of fraud where someone gets both keys and then sells one?

How would you handle storefront cuts? Who gets the 30% cut of $60 and who gets the short end of the stick at 30% of $15?

Nah. It makes no sense for anyone to offer this.