• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
fzlU0HZ.gif

I'm ready.

Oct 27, 2017
off topic but if you have the issue i do on mobile where you tap in the search bar and your keyboard jumps up and down and up and down forever, i find that it works fine as long as i'm scrolled to the very top of the page before i search
Dude yes!! Thanks for the tip, i had that exact issue since forever and your solution works! Much appreciated :)

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

I got some 4K, RTX no commentary gameplay from early on for those who just want to see how it runs for themselves.

I was honestly surprised at the performance through the whole game, especially later on because some fights get very effects intensive.

Running on a 9900, 2080ti, 32gb Ram off of my 850 EVO SSD.

Damn that looks awesome. Thanks for this!

I told myself I would wait till DLC or Photomode, but I'm really debating on picking up the PC version, even after getting 100% on the Xbox version.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, I preordered the Digital Deluxe Pre-Order Edition on PSN, and noticed it didn't redeem the Astral Dive Suit that's supposed to be included. Anyone else facing the same issue, or is it supposed to be provided later? Thomas Puha

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

mfw I took a long hard look at your name "NTGYK... Not... The Guy... Oh shiiit"

th

I thought you hadn't moved over from GAF, guess I wasn't paying attention. Enjoyed your threads and posts a lot, good to see you around here and your Mr. Scratch gifs, too.

Alright, Control hype, ready for this etc.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Humble bundle,if you have the monthly discount, it goes to $51 I think.
I am still waiting for my key, however.
If you have an RTX card, you can buy the nvidia promo codes being sold on eBay for $20 or so to get this and wolfenstein youngblood.

They do require an RTX card to redeem, though

Dang. Looks like I'll have to pay the EGS tax. Thanks for the quick replies!

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I really like the environmental design in this game. I wouldn't want to live in that building, for sure, but I love the way it looks.

Also, is there a dodge/cover button? There is "dash" (or something similar) in the controller mapping, but it doesn't do anything... Yet.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Does the game have an integrated benchmark?
Looks like 60fps should be possible with rtx middle and 1080p on a rtx2080 but I would like to make sure before I start my game

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado USA
Hmm, I preordered the Digital Deluxe Pre-Order Edition on PSN, and noticed it didn't redeem the Astral Dive Suit that's supposed to be included. Anyone else facing the same issue, or is it supposed to be provided later? Thomas Puha
Yeah, I have 6 Add-Ons which include the Urban Response Gear and Tactical Response Gear, but not the Astral Dive Suit.

If you downloaded all the extras, you do get it even if it doesnt seem so. We'll check.
Please let us know.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

Not sure DF's analysis is going to make it before release. Still torn between visuals on X and value on Pro with the preorder deal for the Digital Deluxe (which itself is PS exclusive) but coming down to the wire. Don't want to go Pro (heh) and there be issues.

Fingerthing

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first AAA game I've bought at full price since Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. Support weird story based shooters!!

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I have 6 Add-Ons which include the Urban Response Gear and Tactical Response Gear, but not the Astral Dive Suit.

Please let us know.
Yeah, same here.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I think I will have to revisit the overall design. I struggled along, as everything changed much like the FBC building.

I also forgot to mention the game takes inspiration from The House of Leaves.
Maaaan, as a huge fan of Alan Wake, Quantum Break, David Lynch, and House of Leaves, this game seems perfect for me.

But I'll still wait until I can get the full experience on my Xbox. Screw platform exclusive DLC, and shame on Remedy for tolerating this practice.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any talks of a day 1 patch? Heard the performance can be real crappy, especially since I'm gonna be playing on a standard ps4.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I am very disappointed with how they're handling timed expansion exclusivity, but ehh I probably like Remedy enough to buy day one anyway. This should be my first purchase on the EGS.

Is there any talks of a day 1 patch? Heard the performance can be real crappy, especially since I'm gonna be playing on a standard ps4.

Alex from Giant Bomb apparently contacted Remedy and they said, "there are no more immediate performance patches coming day one."

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't gonna get anything this week then I realized I love every game Remedy has released since Max Payne 1. Hoping my 1070 + Freesync will be good enough for a smooth experience. Anyone got a PC performance thread in the works?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
seems like you really need a Turing card to get the most out of this game...by the time the game is released on Steam (12 months) there should be much better RTX cards out...is Nvidia going to release another Turing refresh or will Ampere be the next GPU release?...with RTX games really starting to take off I want to get an RTX card but really don't want to get these 1st gen Turing ones

no PC Performance thread for this game?

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded and ready for the unlock.

What's the download size?
The file size listed on PSN is 24.45GB and on my system today current size with it installed (ver 1.02) with the add-ons from digital deluxe (including the extra mission, not sure if that added size) it looks like it's now showing 26.90GB

Last edited:

mORTEN

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Hmmm. Go for keyboard/mouse on pc, or Xbox elite controller? Can't decide. I'm on my couch.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
There's a specific fight in the game that keeps kicking my ass. Without spoiling too much, fuck
the Anchor