• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Hope it gets above 85%. Other wise might lead to a containment breach resulting in ████ casualties. Site command wants to advise you about not crying about game length. Violators will be open to punishment including up to [DATA EXPUNGED]

Secure. Control. Protect.

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Is there a PC release countdown anywhere? US times don't mean shit to me.

t1566900000z0.png

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if you've seen it or not but the launch trailer is incredibly effective imo. Also the reviews should be up in just under 30m.

Goddamn this trailer always gets me so hyped. It's ridiculous.

We're so close now, a new Remedy game!! :DD

It will happen again, in another town, a town called Ordinary.

This will be my first Remedy game.
I hope you enjoy it! Love these guys.

(Well, I hope I enjoy it too, since I didn't play it yet, but you know what I mean)

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to be a day 1 player, but I do hope to get this by year's end. Hopefully I stay interested and spoiler free! Have fun everyone.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Three community managers in the thread and none will comment on whether HDR is actually coming at any point. Shouldn't be this difficult to understand if the game will have it later or not. With it being a highly visual title I don't want to play now only for HDR to be dropped in a week. If it's not coming at all then whatever, midnight it is.

£8.50 more for the season pass, exclusives and themes is making this one of the more difficult 'Pro or X' decisions. The game looks stunning so the X was my initial choice but the comparable value prop on the Pro is making me sweat.
Still stumbling over this one. I think I'll go X because of the style and art direction (assuming good DF results) but yo if it doesn't feel dirty when the complete bundle is only £8.50 more on the Pro.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Not sure if you've seen it or not but the launch trailer is incredibly effective imo. Also the reviews should be up in just under 30m.

Man, that is an excellent trailer. I really like that they spend some time at the beginning highlighting the incredible atmospheric and aesthetic design of the building itself, which is a huge draw for me. Love all the concrete.

Really can't wait to see how this scores.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hey Thomas, hoping you can finally answer an outstanding niggle for me; is HDR planned as a post-release patch?
If so should it be expected soon or further down the line?

With the art direction being as fantastic as it appears to be I don't want to play through it now if I can with HDR in a week or two. Likewise if it's just not planned or a month out then I'll play it now.

Man, that is an excellent trailer. I really like that they spend some time at the beginning highlighting the incredible atmospheric and aesthetic design of the building itself, which is a huge draw for me. Love all the concrete.

It's definitely one of the best I've seen for a game.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017

It is, I'm sold on that trailer only that I just saw 5 minutes ago lol. I hope this is as trippy and atmospheric as the trailer implies :)

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
Asian here, can't find it either.

cf28dd03ed7eab148510f702be943b27.jpg

Unfortunately the Asian release is going to be later, I believe that has been said a while ago. We get this is frustrating, but there's different hoops our publisher (and the game itself) has to jump through for those releases. The team at Remedy and 505 Games is really small, we just cannot do everything at the same time, that's the reality. We want to make sure everythings setup as well as possible for the game in Asia and that takes time. Sorry for that.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here's 25 minutes of spoiler free PC gameplay with RTX enabled at 1080p on an RTX 2060, I absolutely love this game!

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Unfortunately the Asian release is going to be later, I believe that has been said a while ago. We get this is frustrating, but there's different hoops our publisher (and the game itself) has to jump through for those releases. The team at Remedy and 505 Games is really small, we just cannot do everything at the same time, that's the reality. We want to make sure everythings setup as well as possible for the game in Asia and that takes time. Sorry for that.
Thank you for the information. Yeah it sucks but we already used to it.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Woah... I had not idea this was coming already. I thought it was scheduled for holiday season...

Either way... waiting on them reviews.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Yo, this game eats hardware as expected.

4k60 not possible even on 2080 Ti and without RTX. Turn RTX on and it seems that you'll need a 2080 Ti to get a locked 1080p 60. DLSS does a pretty good job though it seems.

I know a lot of people won't be pleased with this but I love that they pushed tech this far. Can't wait for tomorrow. Thankfully I have GSYNC so 1440p on a 2080Ti should give a decent experience.

Rufuscrim

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Does anyone know if this is going to have cloud saves at launch on the EGS? I know Alan Wake was one of the few that already got updated for cloud saves but I can't find any info about Control.

Winstano

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If anyone wants to ask questions, feel free - although there is a secondary embargo which could limit some stuff I can say!

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
I need some help in the side mission
Langston's Runaways
. I can't seem to find the
Traffic Light in the Panopticon

Winstano

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I need some help in the side mission
Langston's Runaways
. I can't seem to find the
Traffic Light in the Panopticon
It's in

the area where you get the Levitating power - fourth floor of the Panopticon in the "Fortified Units" bit

Did you get the
paper lantern? I can't get into the area you need to get into to cleanse it! It's the last thing I need to complete the game 100%

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I spent the last few days playing this and I cant wrapp my head who amazing this game is. It's the "WTF" fix I needed until Death Stranding and I wasn't really ready for Control. Play it as soon as you can ppl.