• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm I recently finished QB and don't recall seeing her. I'll go look this up.
Her character in QB was quite sickly iirc. Funny enough she was one of the first characters that they showed to the public.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be hard to choose between this and Astral Chain next month.
Can only afford one of them :(

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Her character in QB was quite sickly iirc. Funny enough she was one of the first characters that they showed to the public.

Nah she didnt have any Chronon sickness or anything. The gif you posted is from the Reveal trailer the graphic style of the game changed quite a bit from there to release.

She was perfectly healthy....till she gets beaten/chocked to death obviously.

maxresdefault.jpg

People just forgot the Quantum Break story-line....plus that 75GB download for the episodes can be off putting (I didnt feel like streaming cuz I assumed my net would randomly have quality drops or buffer)

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Nah she didnt have any Chronon sickness or anything. The gif you posted is from the Reveal trailer the graphic style of the game changed quite a bit from there to release.

She was perfectly healthy....till she gets beaten/chocked to death obviously.

maxresdefault.jpg

People just forgot the Quantum Break story-line....plus that 75GB download for the episodes can be off putting (I didnt feel like streaming cuz I assumed my net would randomly have quality drops or buffer)
Ohh yea it was Paul that was sick. Not her. She just looked perpetually incredibly stressed and tired. That gif was visual evidence for the claim:

Funny enough she was one of the first characters that they showed to the public.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ohh yea it was Paul that was sick. Not her. She just looked perpetually incredibly stressed and tired. That gif was visual evidence for the claim:

Ohh. Yea.
Im pretty sure she is actually the only actor who had done their face capture by the time E3 rolled out.
So everyone else had generic face 1 - 12....she had all her stuff done already.
I think during the initial reveal actors were actively still recording so couldnt even be there for interviews to say I provided the voice or whatever.

And yeah her character is distressed 99% of the game....because of that I never trusted her the whole game...but she didnt deserve what she got.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Ohh. Yea.
Im pretty sure she is actually the only actor who had done their face capture by the time E3 rolled out.
So everyone else had generic face 1 - 12....she had all her stuff done already.
I think during the initial reveal actors were actively still recording so couldnt even be there for interviews to say I provided the voice or whatever.

And yeah her character is distressed 99% of the game....because of that I never trusted her the whole game...but she didnt deserve what she got.
Quantum Break is a weird case, because it was shown so early we saw some really major changes happen as they got closer to release, including some pretty big rewrites and changed roles. Most notably the actor seen in this Control trailer being replaced by Shawn Ashmore. Meanwhile they kept his body mocap data and put Shawn's facial performance over it:

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Nice to see the OG Jack Joyce make an appearance in this (he technically was in Quantum Break proper, but as a different character). I always liked his performance in the QB gameplay demo more than Ashmore's own, despite being less polished. He lended Jack some much needed charm, because God knows said charm wasn't present in the script.

Really excited for Control, though. You can always count on Remedy to do something that's outside the box in one way or another, and this is looking to be their must adventurous title to date.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Last Remedy game I played was MP2 so I have little to no idea on what to expect. That said? I'm in like Flynn on this release. Looks so interesting. Anybody know the cheapest in the UK for it?

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Great trailer,i feel goosebumps when the music kicks in at 1:00.
I hope the rest of the soundtrack is just as good as that.

Indominus

Jan 11, 2018
Quantum Break is a weird case, because it was shown so early we saw some really major changes happen as they got closer to release, including some pretty big rewrites and changed roles. Most notably the actor seen in this Control trailer being replaced by Shawn Ashmore. Meanwhile they kept his body mocap data and put Shawn's facial performance over it:

Oh man, i prefer the first actor MUCH more. Shawn's baby face bugged me throughout the whole game lol.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
They picked the absolute perfect actor and made the most insanely good decisions on that trailer. If they could've shown that at E3, this game would have been on everyone's radar. What a great voice actor, reminiscent of the acting choice for that heart man trailer

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Looks great visually, still don't know jack about what the story is supposed to be about from that trailer though.

Soundtrack is awesome as well.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
And I'm out...

Sorry Remedy, your game looks amazing and I wish you all the success but that trailer is straight code brown nightmare fuel.

The hiss... getting legit scared chills just from the trailer... nope nope nope

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
This looks so intriguing. Never played a Remedy game but the environments, general art design, and overall weird tone have me very interested. Excited to jump in.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably get the game because I like to support Remedy. But for some reason the game doesn't grab me. The marketing just hasn't captured me. I like the idea of weirdness, but what I've seen doesn't look too far out there, the Hiss design just looks very basic. And the story hasn't grabbed me either.

QB turned out to be just okay, but the very first reveal grabbed me. It sold me on the character and the world and the idea of mixing Alan Wake weirdness with Max Payne slo-mo combat. I'm not getting the hook here.

I look at something like Death Stranding, a game with similar weirdness yet I'm insanely invested in that game. This being deepite the fact that I barely understand it's gameplay loop or narrative. But it's marketing by genius troll Kojima has sold me on its world and atmosphere. I've not had that with Control. I feel I've been shown both too much and too little and none of the trailers have really grabbed me.

I hope the game is super good and Remedy can keep making great story games and maybe even QB2.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I'll probably get the game because I like to support Remedy. But for some reason the game doesn't grab me. The marketing just hasn't captured me. I like the idea of weirdness, but what I've seen doesn't look too far out there, the Hiss design just looks very basic. And the story hasn't grabbed me either.

QB turned out to be just okay, but the very first reveal grabbed me. It sold me on the character and the world and the idea of mixing Alan Wake weirdness with Max Payne slo-mo combat. I'm not getting the hook here...

my #1 problem , right there - the protagonist. not a fan of the dialogue, or the voice work, both of which come off as detatched & removed from the obviously disturbing nature of the story. i really want to like this game, & am hoping for the best, but the main character just isn't cutting it for me. she's just a little too cool...

Oct 25, 2017

It's definitely hard to see something in these trailers that immediately stands out as a 'hook' -- Remedy is kind of known for these things (a trait that, I think, may have originated with their work with 3DR on the original Max Payne) -- but if you look at everything *around* the seeming lack of a hook, well, I think you start to get a sense of what Control's hook actually is.

I think it's a combination of elements, actually. The first and probably most important being the world, and how it seems to deviate just a bit from the past Remedy games. They're typically a bit hand-holdy and scoped very strictly over the narrative. Control, on the other hand, seems to be a lot more open despite how it may look on first impression; we've heard talk of long, optional sidequests featuring huge bosses, and levels referred to as taking after Metroidvania rather than a linear, closed sandbox. Talk of actual "loot" in the game; rewards that actually impact your character in serious ways, or provide entirely new abilities. All of this set against the backdrop of an environment that is embracing "weird" -- impossible space type of stuff, non-euclidean geometry, both in a "The Shining" sense, but also in a more abstract one. Yeah, aliens, man. Or something. And of course, there's a lot of the typical stuff we expect from Remedy -- fast-paced combat that looks good, but this time with more of a focus on feeling as good as it looks. Remedy games have been thick on style before, but they've missed the mark with substance a bit here and there. Control really seems like a genuine effort to pair Remedy's great storytelling with solid mechanical gameplay that features more depth than they usually dish out.

That's kind of a long-winded way of saying, I guess, that there really isn't one big hook; a lot of smaller ones that are all, on their own, good, but that may account for why Control doesn't *quite* have that impact Remedy games usually have when they're first introduced. It's stuff that doesn't land in trailers, but probably will when you're playing.

I'd give the game huge points though for pushing really hard in the visual sphere. That may not mean much for people who can't push the big features on their machines just yet, but Control is going to probably age really well, and will be I think a benchmark title for a while. Having RT reflections, a GI solution, and shadows all in one package aiming for 60 fps / 1080 on top-end hardware is pretty cool.

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
They picked the absolute perfect actor and made the most insanely good decisions on that trailer. If they could've shown that at E3, this game would have been on everyone's radar. What a great voice actor, reminiscent of the acting choice for that heart man trailer

Funny you should say that. Original plan was to release this Story (originally called Threat trailer as yeah, we know, it doesnt give too much away on the story) trailer at E3 2019, but we just didnt have time to get all the shots done. Getting the game done was important so, here it is a month later.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't watch the story trailer but I liked what I saw in the new gameplay video and am really looking forward to the game, could become my favourite Remedy game since Alan Wake.
I wish it would release one or two weeks earlier so I could finish it before Astral Chain hits. Oh well, first world problems lol

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The IGN First gameplay didn't look great. Hopefully that's only because the IGN previewer wasn't good at the game yet or the difficulty setting was low, or both. The graphics are drop-dead gorgeous, at least.

Oct 25, 2017
Funny you should say that. Original plan was to release this Story (originally called Threat trailer as yeah, we know, it doesnt give too much away on the story) trailer at E3 2019, but we just didnt have time to get all the shots done. Getting the game done was important so, here it is a month later.
Hey, just wanted to say I'm glad you guys managed to keep all of the customization options for the HUD and controller in the final release. There are even more options than I expected, it's great!

Can't wait for the game. :)

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Argh so conflicted between going in on an older PC that may struggle and just getting it on the X. Remedy shooters always feel better with Kb/m so I keep vacillating between the two.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just watched this after it showed up on my recommendaed videos. I'm certainly interested. If it reviews well I'm in.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just put it direct into my veins, Remedy.

Thomas Puha

Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
Hey, just wanted to say I'm glad you guys managed to keep all of the customization options for the HUD and controller in the final release. There are even more options than I expected, it's great!

Can't wait for the game. :)

Thanks.

Yeah, despite having a really small team on this game, I'm glad we managed to put in those options. We all want them in there, its just a question of prioritizing. Working on finalizing PC settings as i write this.

Thomas Puha

Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
You ask like that would be easy to answer :) For example, I cant tell you how long it will take you to beat certain bosses, unlock all costumes, find all materials to create all upgrades etc. Things like that will impact the experience length. We tried to answer here: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...stions-answered-by-the-developers-a-ign-first

Oh I never saw this interview before, this answers it perfectly, thank you! Can't wait!!

-IZHAN-

Jul 7, 2019
Remedy Entertainment Recently Lowers The PC Requirements For Control
so it the game downgraded now ?

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I am sooooo hyped for this game! The story trailer is really well done. After playing AC:O for 100+ hours I want a palate cleanser and this looks like just THE game for this.
I am not that good at shooters or metroidvanians, I am more in for the story and audio/visual experience I hope I will be able to enjoy the game in spite of that.
Really curious im my new pc rig will be able to handle it at 1080p with rtx on. I would love for it to be displayed at it's full potential on my projector.