• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
How's the SCP-ness of the world/setting/story? I recall the devs saying you'd need to do rituals and figure out how to get past certain anomalies; is that represented in side quests and documents? Or it mostly just shooting to do everything?

Last edited:

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
So who is getting it on EGS?
Did it with that 10EUR discount EGS was giving. No way I was gonna pay 60 EUR for ANY PC game. Not gonna happen, so I took the deal while I could.

Cool, thanks, mate!

Always good to see devs implement a seperate render resolution option. Fiddling around with DSR or custom resolutions, especially with multi monitor setups can be a pain in the ass. It's such a convenient feature but I don't understand why in most cases you can only down-scale render resolution (e.g. Wolfenstein 2) but not upscale. Should be simple and feels like devs don't give much thought into the setups or options user use or want.

Oct 25, 2017
What are you guys thinking about Jesse as a character? I imagine she probably doesn't talk as much as previous protagonists due to the nature of this game's storytelling, but is she still cool?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
What are you guys thinking about Jesse as a character? I imagine she probably doesn't talk as much as previous protagonists due to the nature of this game's storytelling, but is she still cool?

I figured with side quests she'd actually be more talkative or at least as talkative as Wake. From what I've seen/heard so far I definitely like her more than past protagonists.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
How's the SCP-ness of the world/setting/story? I recall the devs saying you'd need to do rituals and figure out how to get past certain anomalies; is that representated in side quests and documents? Or it mostly just shooting to do everything?

The setting is heavily based around all that stuff, and a lot of the collectibles are about finding and containing artifacts (documents, videos, audio diaries). So far, some of these artifacts have been very important plot elements, but although there have been many mentions of rituals so far, there hasn't really been any in gameplay yet (apart from a very straightforward rule-of-threes bit). There are some sections that maybe fulfil that in a way (generally when you get a new ability, it seems), but I don't want to say too much because it would be spoilery.

Bear in mind I'm only a few hours in at this point.

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's because I haven't played a shooter on console in a long time but the aiming in the feels way off. Guess I'm waiting until Tuesday and getting the pc version

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Love The Oldest House. I get a " Five and a half minute hallway" vibe from it! This game being a pack-in was one of the reasons I decided to upgrade my GPU. I didn't care much for QB, but Remedy will always get my attention.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

I have been eyeing few streams today. Super early game all, but she seems to be well written even from early on impression.

She has quite a bit internal monologue, basically we hear what she is thinking.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
So which version are you buying folks? There is a digital deluxe edition (at least on psn), which includes an outfit, one exclusive mission, and two expansions released at a later date. This version is also 10% off with psn plus.. 🤔

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So which version are you buying folks? There is a digital deluxe edition (at least on psn), which includes an outfit, one exclusive mission, and two expansions released at a later date. This version is also 10% off with psn plus.. 🤔

I'm tempted by this one - but I might go with the regular. Not sure if this is the kind of game I'd come back to later on when the expansions come out. Unless they're substantial expansions.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Interesting! Can't wait to hear her thoughts, then. Alan was quite fun, even when he was just basically narrating what was happening.

Her internal monologue is things like what she thinks about someone, what she should say before saying it, reacting to situations etc.

It isn't just filler, but actually builds her as character, adds to characters around her and to story.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Hiss Charged are terrifying. Especially playing at night with headphones on.

Also, just in case anyone hadn't noticed, d-pad down switches aim shoulder.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
there are full playthroughs up on youtube and theyve definitely reinforced waiting for a sale or just renting this.

does redbox do games or is the only rental service gamefly?

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
What's the word on boss encounters? Haven't seen much of the proposed weirdness with enemy designs.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
What do you mean? Not a very useful comment when you don't give a reason for what you are saying. Are you implying the game is short?
gameplay doesn't look terribly interesting to me. maybe the player i was watching wasn't utilizating the full moveset but it doesn't look like it gets any deeper than the official footage released thus far. I really only tend to buy games full price if I know I'll replay it a ton(eg, DMCV). from the footage I watched this looks like a quick, one and done title, so i'd rather rent or get on a good sale.

does look like decent fun though, narrative presentation is unique and it's gorgeous.

Last edited:

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
there are full playthroughs up on youtube and theyve definitely reinforced waiting for a sale or just renting this.

Interesting you say this as I have gotten the exact opposite feeling reading people's reviews of the game.

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

This has sort of put me off. I see some playthroughs are like 6-7 hours long. Expected this to be a fair bit longer.