• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Seems kind of crazy it can do that (even on a high-end rig) when the initial specs for the game were pretty high (think they wanted a 2080 for RT when it came to recommended specs). I know they lowered them, but still...

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Wonder what I could manage with my 2070. I'm hoping for 1440p/RTX on/60 FPS on High settings, but that may be unrealistic.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
My 1070/6700 rig is ready. Hopefully 1080/60 is achievable and that they have a decent temporal AA solution. I fucking hate aliasing with a burning passion.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
My 1070/6700 rig is ready. Hopefully 1080/60 is achievable and that they have a decent temporal AA solution. I fucking hate aliasing with a burning passion.
I also have a 1070, but a 8600k, so I suppose I have more or less the same performance. I hope it can go higher, I want to be able to use my 144Hz display.

BTW; does anyone know when humblebundle "keys" come out?

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Wonder what I could manage with my 2070. I'm hoping for 1440p/RTX on/60 FPS on High settings, but that may be unrealistic.
Lower your expectations to 1080p/60 and hope it even hits that like I am. Even BFV can't be run very easily at 1440p/60 with medium/high reflections and a 2070 and I can almost assuredly say that this game will be more demanding than BFV.

To expand on that we don't even know if a 2080 can hit 1440/60 in the game yet. The only RTX card I would feel confident in saying could do it without issue is the 2080ti.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Lower your expectations to 1080p/60 and hope it even hits that like I am. Even BFV can't be run very easily at 1440p/60 with medium/high reflections and a 2070 and I can almost assuredly say that this game will be more demanding than BFV.

To expand on that we don't even know if a 2080 can hit 1440/60 in the game yet. The only RTX card I would feel confident in saying could do it without issue is the 2080ti.

Thanks for the info.

Do we know if Control has a benchmarking tool?

empo

Jan 27, 2018

Look at Namtox posts on the previous page. 4K@60+fps with a 2080ti

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝

Okapi

May 31, 2019
This game wasn't on my radar at all but after watching some trailers and learning about the Twin Peaks influences I'm getting more and more interested!

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Any reports about base PS4 performance?
only heard from someone, who is currently playing the ps4 review copy. he said it runs fine for the first 3-4 hours, then the framerate takes a huge hit during combat when the telekinesis ability is used. he played on a pro set to 1080p. he didnt go into more details because of spoilers (maybe a new enemy type that causes the issues?).

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
The game is available in my store but I only have a base PS4. I guess I should wait for reviews on performances.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
only heard from someone, who is currently playing the ps4 review copy. he said it runs fine for the first 3-4 hours, then the framerate takes a huge hit during combat when the telekinesis ability is used. he played on a pro set to 1080p. he didnt go into more details because of spoilers (maybe a new enemy type that causes the issues?).
Set to 1080p, as in a 1080p mode in the game, or using the pro's systemwide down sampling function?

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still not sold on the gameplay but I'm intrigued by the premise. Review thread will be interesting.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Control |OT| Never Gonna Stop

CarelessDopeyFurseal-size_restricted.gif

bradonis

Aug 15, 2019
It's funny how people on this forum want to give their views on HDR who simply have never experienced it and are uneducated on the topic...yet strongly opinionated. I guarantee once they see it in all its glory they'll be eating crow. Anyone that is not left with their jaw hanging on the floor are haters. This ain't no mere feature this is a graphical overhaul. Sorry to belabour the point but the ignorance here is jarring. This is respected enthusiast forum have some dignity before posting rubbish.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
It's funny how people on this forum want to give their views on HDR who simply have never experienced it and are uneducated on the topic...yet strongly opinionated. I guarantee once they see it in all its glory they'll be eating crow. Anyone that is not left with their jaw hanging on the floor are haters. This ain't no mere feature this is a graphical overhaul. Sorry to belabour the point but the ignorance here is jarring. This is respected enthusiast forum have some dignity before posting rubbish.
so, joke post right?

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017

OLED C7 here and yes, HDR is insane. But this game doesn't have it and that's okay. It's seemingly setting the benchmark for RTX on PC, and while it would've been nice to have it, it's not a reason to miss the game.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

That....doesn't sound good.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
That sure was some trademark E3 Game trailer ass music haha. It's almost comical.

That said, I'm very excited, can't wait to play it.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Well my copy from a private seller on eBay shipped, so I might have it by MON. I thought I wouldn't have it until TH or so.

Can't wait.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
What system? Impressions please
PS4 Pro,
Fun lil single player game.
No difficulty setting that i noticed, either way you will die, lol.
Atmosphere is creepy.
loads of exploration and back tracking.
Some RPG elements, (mods, xp, crafting, upgrading)
Only complaint is camera feels stiff at start. Aiming is pretty good tho.
I have 1.5 hours of gameplay i will load up later tonight.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Got my copy despatched today, so I'm hopeful it arrives tomorrow!

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
PS4 Pro,
Atmosphere is creepy.

Noice

Oct 25, 2017
When is the embargo up?

PS4 Pro,
Atmosphere is creepy.
Hype.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK folks who have early shipped copies, consider it is a bank holiday on Monday, so if they don't arrive today, it will be Tuesday. It is going to be 30c here pretty much all weekend, so not sure how much gaming I will be doing, but still it would be nice for those who have the weekend spare. All the copies from independents here seem to include a T-shirt, which seems a good deal, considering this is one of the few games I have bought lately, that has been sub £40.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
OLED C7 here and yes, HDR is insane. But this game doesn't have it and that's okay. It's seemingly setting the benchmark for RTX on PC, and while it would've been nice to have it, it's not a reason to miss the game.
Calibrated LG C7 owner here: HDR is pretty unimpressive in my experience. Very few shows with HDR impress me and zero games have wow'd me. You can't say I'm blind either. My eyesight and color perception recently got tested and are perfect. I think all you HDR lovers are on drugs honestly. Lol

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Pro,
Atmosphere is creepy.

Lovely.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Another short GIF of combat. Xbox One X.

Loved these few seconds. Didn't really do much but I enjoyed seeing everything near me get destroyed, lol.