• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SUPRVLLAN

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure what I think about Control yet... Haven't really been into anything they've shown off so far.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
As a huge fan of Alan Wake but didn't really like Quantum Break, would you feel confident in saying I'll like this game?
For the record QB came out at a weird time for me and I just never had a proper time to give it a shot.

Definitely. I liked AW but wasn't keen on QB!

Are you playing it for review? If not... TELL US MORE!! ;-)

I'm under embargo so I can't say anything. Stay tuned!

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
This is going to be my first Remedy game ever
This is interesting and rare, finding someone who hasn't played at least one of their games, given their influence with the Max Payne series especially. I hope you'll like their style which is a bit unique and maybe not everyone's cup of tea. I'm for one would buy from them almost anything blind, I gotta admit.
Hmmm Xbox X or PS4 Pro...
I'd go for Xbox X. Worst case: both versions are identical. Best case (and more likely): Xbox One X has the superior version.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd really like to play Control with the Dual Shock 4, but I'll have to go with the XB1X for the hopefully better version. I find the Xbox One controller not great for third person action games.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Asked earlier but no reply - is the Deluxe Physical sold out on Best Buy or did they pull the listing? Anyone know or order?

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Asked earlier but no reply - is the Deluxe Physical sold out on Best Buy or did they pull the listing? Anyone know or order?
If you're talking about the one in a metal case I still see the listing when I search but it says "coming soon" now so it is currently sold out. They'll likely get more at some point though. I ordered mine awhile back.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious about this too. Both ps4 and Xbox both coming soon. Will probably pop back up eventually.
If you're talking about the one in a metal case I still see the listing when I search but it says "coming soon" now so it is currently sold out. They'll likely get more at some point though. I ordered mine awhile back.

Thanks y'all - yeah I hope it pops back up, as I was trying to put in my preorder after deciding between console and PC. I can't wait for this game - it's going to be everything !

bradonis

Aug 15, 2019
User Warned: lazy dev rhetoric. Please see our FAQ for our rules regarding lazy devs accusations
Ray tracing, but not HDR? What kind of backwards thinking is that?
Exactly. Couldn't even inject 2016 tech into this game, but let's do ray tracing, which is far inferior visually to what HDR can achieve. A huge miss and quite frankly unacceptable. Bethesda I could care less about...but Remedy!? Clearly no understanding of how profound HDR is and from a developer of this statue its a rookie mistake... Or sheer utter laziness.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Any word on whether there'll be a pre-load on EGS? I know Sweeney recently said EGS' pre-load system isn't "sufficient" for certain games, but my inference is that it doesn't offer data encryption a la Steam, which isn't necessarily a deal-breaker.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on whether there'll be a pre-load on EGS? I know Sweeney recently said EGS' pre-load system isn't "sufficient" for certain games, but my inference is that it doesn't support data encryption, which isn't necessarily a deal-breaker.
Sweeney already said it won't be there in time for BL3 so it's safe to assume it won't be there for this, I think.

Exactly. Couldn't even inject 2016 tech into this game, but let's do ray tracing, which is far inferior visually to what HDR can achieve. A huge miss and quite frankly unacceptable. Bethesda I could care less about...but Remedy!? Clearly no understanding of how profound HDR is and from a developer of this statue its a rookie mistake... Or sheer utter laziness.
Is this a parody post

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
I'd go for Xbox X. Worst case: both versions are identical. Best case (and more likely): Xbox One X has the superior version.
i switched my pre-order to x1. remedy has more experience on the system and quantum break ran pretty well after the x patch. i just hope digital foundry has a comparison ready on day 1.

Oct 25, 2017
I find Ray Tracing being "far inferior" to HDR is hard to believe, even not having an RTX card myself. The lack of screen space artifacts from rasterized approximations, plus a much higher fidelity in general like you see in Ray Traced shadows are real game changers. HDR won't make the edges of the screen suddenly not look like shit anymore, or RE2's main hall not look terrible due to the awful implementation of screen space reflections.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Any word on whether there'll be a pre-load on EGS? I know Sweeney recently said EGS' pre-load system isn't "sufficient" for certain games, but my inference is that it doesn't offer data encryption a la Steam, which isn't necessarily a deal-breaker.

No pre-load I'm afraind.

Also, as many people have already noted, EGS is showing this game release date on the 28th. That's dreadfully alarming!

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Sweeney already said it won't be there in time for BL3 so it's safe to assume it won't be there for this, I think.

Yeah, that's the tweet I was implicitly referring to:

It's Complicated. We've released support for file preloading which is sufficient for some games, but we aren't certain it's up to the demands of a blockbuster like Borderlands.

Pre-loading is there, but it's lacking a certain thing, and I'd put money on that being encryption.

No pre-load I'm afraind.

I don't suppose you can provide a source? I did poke around on Google and Twitter prior to posting but didn't find anything.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im still not sure about the shooting. Will wait for Gamepass release.

Olimar

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Seems like a very big missed opportunity to not include HDR in a game that seems so dependent on environmental lighting. I hope they're hearing us out and will include support at a later date!

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Woah, I mean that's just your opinion. I love HDR but raytracing is amazing too IMO. Plus I have an RTX card so i cant wait to see my card crumble trying to play it lol

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lack of hdr is frustrating, just replayed quantum break now replaying shadow of the tomb raider and the difference is night and day. In fact i think the only games ive bought this year that have it are re2 and dmc v, re 2's implementation was less than stellar though

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Did theybsay anything about dlss support? Or does the game has its own built in Solution?

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's the tweet I was implicitly referring to:

Pre-loading is there, but it's lacking a certain thing, and I'd put money on that being encryption.

I don't suppose you can provide a source? I did poke around on Google and Twitter prior to posting but didn't find anything.

That's interesting. I wonder if it's less an encryption issue and more a decryption issue, so to speak. Steam often seems to buckle when a game unlocks and can take ages to let you in. Perhaps they don't have the infrastructure for such a deluge of people yet but might for smaller releases.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
That's interesting. I wonder if it's less an encryption issue and more a decryption issue, so to speak. Steam often seems to buckle when a game unlocks and can take ages to let you in. Perhaps they don't have the infrastructure for such a deluge of people yet but might for smaller releases.

Steam decryption is about your local machine and not as much about Steam servers. Decryption key is so tiny download to get and then it just takes ages for CPU to crunch all that data open with it.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Steam decryption is about your local machine and not as much about Steam servers. Decryption key is so tiny download to get and then it just takes ages for CPU to crunch all that data open with it.
That makes sense, but I only ever have an issue with this when I do it at the actual unlock time though. If it's a midnight launch it can take forever if I try playing at midnight, but if I leave it until the next day it's really quick. Like DMC5 took ages to decrypt for me but I didn't get round to trying RE2 until the afternoon of launch day and it did it really quickly.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'd love HDR too but geeze at some of these comments. It's like HDR has been a staple for 30 years and games are unplayable without it. And not even just wanting it added. It's OmG lAzY dEvs, mY eYz R buRniNg!!

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Control |OT| Secure, Control, Protect

Last edited:

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Got a video coming out before release of some 4K, Ray Tracing goodness. Probably the first big triple-A game that I have played front to back with ray tracing and performance has been stellar.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
What kind of rig are you running?

A beefy one no doubt.
9900, 2080TI, 32gb Ram etc.

However with this same machine I have only ever run ray tracing and 4K as a tech test, because the hit to playability and frames just don't make it viable to turn on and forget about it.

This is the first time I've been able to turn it all up and just enjoy the experience.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
A beefy one no doubt.

However with this same machine I have only ever run ray tracing and 4K as a tech test, because the hit to playability and frames just don't make it viable to turn on and forget about it.

This is the first time I've been able to turn it all up and just enjoy the experience.

Sounds similar to what I've got with the exception of the 32gb Ram. 9900k/2080ti/16gb rig here, so your statement certainly makes me pretty happy. Can't wait to get my hands on this game.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Repeating this doesn't make it any more true you know.

A beefy one no doubt.

Really? Are we talking 30fps here?

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
A beefy one no doubt.

Sounds super promising , excited for when I build a new rig. I hope performance on older machines is super optimized ! Quantum Break's DX11 performance did not vibe well for my older rig baha.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
A beefy one no doubt.

Really looking forward to that video! This is essentially my rig (9700 at 5ghz) and I'm jonesing for something to really flex its muscles.