• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot thread's gonna be nuts.

Game has such style.

tumblr_perfuuBA3h1qgojgxo3_500.gif
Nice, can't wait.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
this sucks. control on ps4 is $50 on amazon and walmart, but on pc its a full $60 on epic game store. cant find it anywhere else. i usually stay away from the epic game store threads but this is lame. i thought games were supposed to be cheaper there.

no offense to devs since there seems to one in this thread, but if the store cut is only 12%, arent you supposed to pass on the savings to the customer? i know on consoles, the retail cut is 20% and then console makers take another 10% so thats 30% total. i get why console games would be $60 but pc games dont have to pay any loyalty fees and epic is only taking like $7 max.
Yea this.

I very much look forward to playing the game. Being asked to pay more than others for it is going to make me wait to do so. That's disappointing to me as an Alan Wake and Quantum Break fan, but the game being sold functionally only on EGS gives us no choices in the matter. Amazon? Nope. Best Buy? Nope. GreenmanGaming? Nope. Humble? Full price. GoG, GameStop, itch.io? Nope, nope, nope. It's just a worse deal for us. About 18% worse, at which time it just begins to be the principle of the matter.

Anyway, I guess I'll pick it up later, as nobody here can change any of this anyway.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it performs well on console. Quantum Break on OG Xbox One was not that great performance wise and this game shares a lot of that same tech.

Have they said what the "X" or PRO run this game at (resolution wise)?

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this sucks. control on ps4 is $50 on amazon and walmart, but on pc its a full $60 on epic game store. cant find it anywhere else. i usually stay away from the epic game store threads but this is lame. i thought games were supposed to be cheaper there.

no offense to devs since there seems to one in this thread, but if the store cut is only 12%, arent you supposed to pass on the savings to the customer? i know on consoles, the retail cut is 20% and then console makers take another 10% so thats 30% total. i get why console games would be $60 but pc games dont have to pay any loyalty fees and epic is only taking like $7 max.

Developers won't pass the savings down. Trickle down economics never works in any form. PCera has been calling this out for months. Ever since Tim started up that particular ridiculous PR statement.

The real reason PC games often end up cheaper at launch is competition between PC storefronts. Something which Epic take away since they have a very literal monopoly on that content.

Even their Humble Bundle partnership appears to have a fixed pricing clause of some kind which prevents them from selling any game cheaper than Epic.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
I don't know why I had it in my head this was a gamepass title, strange.

This is going to be a "Gamepass within 6 months" title, I feel. Longer if it's a smash hit, sooner if it's a bomb, but after the initial spike of sales wanes I don't think it'll take long. 505 has put several titles on the service already and as a mid-budget game that presents very well it would be attractive to users and also probably not command the same kind of price that a AAA title would from Microsoft.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
This is going to be a "Gamepass within 6 months" title, I feel. Longer if it's a smash hit, sooner if it's a bomb, but after the initial spike of sales wanes I don't think it'll take long. 505 has put several titles on the service already and as a mid-budget game that presents very well it would be attractive to users and also probably not command the same kind of price that a AAA title would from Microsoft.

They are bound by exclusivity deal to EGS for a year and now that Gamepass crosses over to PC it could put them into corner in relation of having Control on Gamepass.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
40 mins of gameplay from Gamescom if you're still not sold on the game,

The game map looks huge with what looks like half a dozen levels. There's an execute hub where people you rescue will go and you'll be able to intereact them.There's fast travel and scenery/destruction isn't persistent, it 'repairs' but it's not clear if it's immediately after you leave an area or if it's done over time.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
They are bound by exclusivity deal to EGS for a year and now that Gamepass crosses over to PC it could put them into corner in relation of having Control on Gamepass.

There's still a distinction between Game Pass for Xbox and Game Pass for PC. They could allow it on console but not on PC, like it's happening with DMC 5 right now.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
A little surprised that there is no HDR in this,given all the lighting effects and dark and bright area mixed together but oh well still looks pretty great and this trailer really makes me want to play it day one now,instead of putting the game on my must buy in the future list...cant wait for the day ones impressions.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Picked up the Xbox version yesterday.

I'll start by saying I've never really played their past games. Quantum Break was the only one I put some time into but then I just stopped. Not because it was a bad game. I just got caught up in other games. So I can't compare.

I've played about an hour of Control and the Sci-Fi aspect of it is what grabs me. Haven't had too much time with combat but I'm liking it. Still in the beginning but you can tell right away it will be fun.

I saw footage a few months ago and said, "this looks like it's going to be a crazy ass game" and decided I'll pick it up for sure. Haven't really read any info or seen other footage other than that first time. It gave me some Inception "I'm going to mind fuck you" vibes, haha.

Being that we are still 1 week away from launch, I won't really get into any story details. I'll post 3 screenshots from in game, though:

And here's a quick 1 min video of the training area where you get the gun:

I know people were curious about the Xbox One X version. Might not be the best video but it's a small glimpse.

Going to play some more in a moment. I'll give some impressions of combat when I'm able to learn more moves.

Looking sharp! Thanks 👍🏻

Steve McQueen you might be interested in this post.

Thanks you, didn't notice your reply... different timezone I guess 😉

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
40 mins of gameplay from Gamescom if you're still not sold on the game,

The game map looks huge with what looks like half a dozen levels. There's an execute hub where people you rescue will go and you'll be able to intereact them.There's fast travel and scenery/destruction isn't persistent, it 'repairs' but it's not clear if it's immediately after you leave an area or if it's done over time.

Gratitude for posting. I don't want to watch much but it's always cool to see the final game in action. There is a part where Jesse fires at a fire extinguisher and it just start flying around madly until blowing up.

It's impossible to tell without playing the game but I have the impression Remedy nailed where to put their efforts in this game.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I keep going back and forth on this game, but this trailer has me high again

lakhesis

Oct 27, 2017
Until I saw the final trailer, I'd forgotten that this was coming at all. Remedy is one of my favorite devs, but what with one thing and the other, the last game of theirs I was able to play was Alan Wake. Went from 0 to 100% hype very quickly.

This looks like The Laundry Files: The Unofficial Video Game, and that makes me extremely happy.

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Game does not support HDR for those that asked. Just had this confirmed again.

Reviews drop a day before, on the 26th.

PadPoet

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Youtube compression with 1080p is ass. Wish publishers would just release stuff at 4k to get the higher bitrate, because yuck.

Other than that, good trailer. Release date coming quick.
Yep, 4k should be for every vid like this now, 1080p is pointless(unless you make much, much longer vids, even then I would try for 4k).

Personally, I would also love the trailers and everything to be in 4K but think that you would then get people thinking the game runs in 4K resolution across all platforms/versions and this might create confusion. Having said the above it still looks stunning in the 1080 file on my PC. It's just that the YouTube compression doesn't do the game any favors.

As a sidenote, like Thomas Puha (Remedy Communications Director) stated earlier on, the game runs at 30fps on all console versions.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I would also love the trailers and everything to be in 4K but think that you would then get people thinking the game runs in 4K resolution across all platforms/versions and this might create confusion. Having said the above it still looks stunning in the 1080 file on my PC. It's just that the YouTube compression doesn't do the game any favors.

As a sidenote, like Thomas Puha (Remedy Communications Director) stated earlier on, the game runs at 30fps on all console versions.
Fair enough, though for Youtube purposes it would help the most since it's too compressed at 1080p and 4k helps show off the beauty of the game more. It's why I do upscaled 4k 60fps for everything(and plan to record at native 4k in the future).

PadPoet

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Fair enough, though for Youtube purposes it would help the most since it's too compressed at 1080p and 4k helps show off the beauty of the game more. It's why I do upscaled 4k 60fps for everything(and plan to record at native 4k in the future).

This is true. If you upload at 4K on YouTube it compresses the footage far less. I know people that shoot with their cameras at a sharp 1080p, then upscale to 4K in order for their YT footage to show crispier when they upload.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Game does not support HDR for those that asked. Just had this confirmed again.

Reviews drop a day before, on the 26th.

That's...disappointing. For a game going all out supporting cutting edge technology (PC version), not supporting HDR seems like a miss.

I get it, but man. You want your game presented in the best way possible and the 1080p compression on Youtube just doesn't do it. I'm getting it regardless on PC, it just immediately stood out to me when I watched it for the first time.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

wait you bought that line?

PadPoet

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
That's...disappointing. For a game going all out supporting cutting edge technology (PC version), not supporting HDR seems like a miss.

I get it, but man. You want your game presented in the best way possible and the 1080p compression on Youtube just doesn't do it. I'm getting it regardless on PC, it just immediately stood out to me when I watched it for the first time.

I totally get your point. Having said that, the "World Trailer" is in 4K which we published in December.

On another note, I'm building a PC rig just for the game. This weekend (hope I find time!)

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
is there any information out there regarding resolutions on the console versions?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Yea this.

I very much look forward to playing the game. Being asked to pay more than others for it is going to make me wait to do so. That's disappointing to me as an Alan Wake and Quantum Break fan, but the game being sold functionally only on EGS gives us no choices in the matter. Amazon? Nope. Best Buy? Nope. GreenmanGaming? Nope. Humble? Full price. GoG, GameStop, itch.io? Nope, nope, nope. It's just a worse deal for us. About 18% worse, at which time it just begins to be the principle of the matter.

Anyway, I guess I'll pick it up later, as nobody here can change any of this anyway.

it's one of the reasons I have started picking up games at launch on the Ps4

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Reminds me of classic remedy more than anything in years. Can't wait for my pre-order to load next week ^__^