• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
oXP1APo.png

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just trying to do the calculations, but that's likely sub 1 million units sold for Control.

EDIT: probably a bit above 1M with deep sales and all.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
grats! Hopefully that means more Control and AW.

>:-D

I was just trying to do the calculations, but that's likely sub 1 million units sold for Control.
It's a bit of a niche game and it was full price, so that's pretty good. I think a remaster on next-gen consoles would be a great move.

Making it available at PS5/XSX launch as the "complete" edition with the final expansion + ray tracing + 60fps would be hella pragmatic.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
If that's just from sales, then Remedy should have earned between 20-25M going by the terms in their deal?

EDIT: Maybe not, 30M could be total revenue

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Would this include the EGS and Nvidia deals?

Nah. This is a quarterly report (end of December -> end of March).

Edit: Oh, wait, I misread. This is a "third quarterly report" that also encompasses the previous two, so "the period" is nine months and would include any deals, as the game released in August.

Edit edit: Disregard:
I actually don't think the €30mil figure includes the money from the EGS deal as that payment was already reported during the previous Financial Year which ended in June 30 2019 https://www.digitalbros.com/wp-cont...tements-for-the-year-ended-30-June-2019-1.pdf

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Control budget was around €30 million
505 Games contributed with €7.75 million
Epic Games paid €9.49 for exclusivity

We don't know how much Sony paid for DLC exclusivity

Oct 27, 2017
Note : Bloodstained 9,9M€ here does not includes the release month in June, that game total sales are 23,7M€ since the release.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when looking at sales for Remedy games. AW, QB and Control should all be at 5+ million.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Hopefully they got what they needed out of it, still waiting for the steam version, started playing on one x but stopped because of performance hiccups, just sold it. I know it's on ps now on PS4 but if it's already bad on one x I'll just wait.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
So Remedy is still about 7m€ in red for Control. That sucks. (~30m€ total budget, 7.75m€ funded by 505, Remedy gets 45% of sales)

Edit: Seems like this does not include Epic money, so it's just 2.7m€ in red.

www.resetera.com

Control generated €30 million in revenue for Digital Bros (505 Games parent company)

I think it's included. or maybe not. I guess that makes it about 2.7m€ in red. Much better, but still not ideal. (but something DLC&Steam can fix, hopefully)

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Dos 505 own the IP or Remedy?

Remedy owns the IP, but 505's publishing contract will last a whopping 20 years. Remedy was the primary financier by a significant margin, though, so I don't think 505 would have right of first refusal on any sequels or spin-offs.

Wait, so this is the total revenue? I thought this was just 505/Digital Bros take

Oh, right, duh, haha. Sorry, brain fart on my part.

Edit: Double d'oh. Never mind. The numbers don't add up.

Last edited:

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
It is a really good game. I would thoroughly recommend it. Intriguing story well told through excellent characters. Enjoyable gameplay mechanics which also create quite the spectacle. Excellent graphics with stunning art.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nah. This is a quarterly report (end of December -> end of March).

Edit: Oh, wait, I misread. This is a "third quarterly report" that also encompasses the previous two, so "the period" is nine months and would include any deals, as the game released in August.
I actually don't think the €30mil figure includes the money from the EGS deal as that payment was already reported during the previous Financial Year which ended in June 30 2019 https://www.digitalbros.com/wp-cont...tements-for-the-year-ended-30-June-2019-1.pdf
Considering the €30mil revenue figure is from the 3 quarters after that (July 2019 - March 2020) I don't see why the €9.49mil Epic paid for the exclusivity deal would also be included in there, so I'm fairly certain Control's total revenue as of March 31st is now at €39.49mil.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
You forgot the Epic deal which was almost 10m€

I think it's included.

or maybe not.

I guess that makes it about 2.7m€ in red. Much better, but still not ideal. (but something DLC&Steam can fix, hopefully)

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

Trim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should port it quickly on XSX and PS5 with all the visual issues the old version had.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
They should port it quickly on XSX and PS5 with all the visual issues the old version had.
They should 100% have a PS5/XSX version with all the DLC included at $60 ready for next-gen. If there's one multiplatform out there which is really struggling on the current-gen it would be Control, Remedy and 505 Games would really be fucking up if they don't do this.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
I will definitely buy it, but a huge backlog, the DLC and the fact that it's probably coming to next gen is a no for now. The gameplay loop seems like something I've been missing for a long time!!

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
You're saying I should buy it on the platform I don't want to play it on because I'm excited to play? It's literally called voting with your wallet for a reason. If you like the EPIC store more power to you but I don't so I'll wait.
You mean the "launcher", right? Platform is the same. I don't like EGS (nor I hate it), it just doesn't matter (especially in Control as a SP game) as soon as I click "Play".

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
You mean the "launcher", right? Platform is the same. I don't like EGS (nor I hate it), it just doesn't matter (especially in Control as a SP game) as soon as I click "Play".
Its not just a launcher, if you had an xbox and a ps4 which do you buy a game on? Whichever has your friends? Maybe whichever has your achievements? How about whichever has your other multi platform games? Or the one that supports your favorite controllers, or has support for your operating system of choice.

Epic store is only just a launcher if you discount everything steam has done for over a decade, don't like keeping your games in one place, or is the only way to play a certain game. Otherwise its a platform with many many missing features and missing my library of games.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I think a remaster on next-gen consoles would be a great move.

Making it available at PS5/XSX launch as the "complete" edition with the final expansion + ray tracing + 60fps would be hella pragmatic.
It was implied in their last fiancial report.
It is the cheapest way to port their own engine on the console too.
Ray Tracing and 60 FPS ? The RTX 2080 TI can't maintain it at 1080p without DLSS (Nvidia proprietary).
Expect more a 1440p/30FPS With RT. I hope there will be a no RT option mode.