• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
nope, don't see a single difference here
jokes aside, "Needless to say the E3 2018 build is now old news." DAMN, hell yes

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
nope, don't see a single difference here
jokes aside, "Needless to say the E3 2018 build is now old news." DAMN, hell yes

I was wondering if this was going to be picked up by ResetEra, glad you guys like it.

Yeah, like I said, it's old news now. We have received builds since then which have had a ton of improvements in all areas but you'll see some new footage quite soon.

This comparison video was part of the December TwitchTV stream done on the Remedy Twitch channel. I guess not many people noticed it since it's only 6 minutes long and the stream was more than 90 minutes.

Check the stream below, I've archived it on our Control YouTube channel. There's Sam Lake, Courtney Hope, Thomas Puha and Mikael Kasurinen talking about Control. All orchestrated by vidaisonline :)

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I was wondering if this was going to be picked up by ResetEra, glad you guys like it.

Yeah, like I said, it's old news now. We have received builds since then which have had a ton of improvements in all areas but you'll see some new footage quite soon.

This comparison video was part of the December TwitchTV stream done on the Remedy Twitch channel. I guess not many people noticed it since it's only 6 minutes long and the stream was more than 90 minutes.

Check the stream below, I've archived it on our Control YouTube channel. There's Sam Lake, Courtney Hope, Thomas Puha and Mikael Kasurinen talking about Control. All orchestrated by vidaisonline :)

so excited for this! Bring it guys!!

OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

Thank you for sharing additional info. I'll check out this stream later tonight :)

Would it be safe to assume better frame rate performance on Pro/X come launch?

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really loved the Max Payne games developed by Remedy, I hope this game is as good as those. I uninstalled Quantum Outbreak last week, I didn't really like it that much tbh

vidaisonline

Community Manager at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Feb 2, 2018
the E3 demo build is very much old news haha it's been a while since then! the game looks even more crisp and crunchy now.

Yup, that levitating pistol looked funny.
my fav thing in the early prototype video is how she just like... holds her hands up doing the gun shooty movement but there's no gun in it. the floating gun was a bug that was happening for way longer than we wanted to LMAO

what I like about this video is how you can see that everyone who was making the e3 demo really had a clear vision of what they wanted it to look like - we didn't end up making what I'd call huge changes, just polished things up a bit until we got it looking and playing the way we wanted

I haven't come across a release window. Hope it's 2019.
yep it's 2019!! that's this year oh boy!!

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, always cool to see the progress of a game over time.
The game does look pretty awesome, love everything I've seen so far.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Always loved watching these early stage of development footage, so cool.

Release date is still "2019", right?

Edit: It is lol.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This game is really shaping up well, I hope they go all in on the sci-fi elements, haven't played a good sci-fi story focused game in a while.

The old build even early on looked good, but it was hilarious seeing her holding nothing in her hands and the weapon like floating out in the air lol.

OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
my fav thing in the early prototype video is how she just like... holds her hands up doing the gun shooty movement but there's no gun in it. the floating gun was a bug that was happening for way longer than we wanted to LMAO

I though it looked rather cool, like I can imagine Jesse unlocking sometype of gun-free shooting mechanic later in the game.

I've heard similar stories where this one thing usually comes together at the last minute.

what I like about this video is how you can see that everyone who was making the e3 demo really had a clear vision of what they wanted it to look like - we didn't end up making what I'd call huge changes, just polished things up a bit until we got it looking and playing the way we wanted

The jump from prototype to E3 build is nothing short of incredible. It makes me appreciate the work your team does that much more.

yep it's 2019!! that's this year oh boy!!

This is great!