• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks fun but yikes what's the point of 4k with all that artifacting
While Youtube may be to blame, more of the blame should go to the uploader as I downloaded this vid and the bitrate was way too low for 4k. For 4k you want to use over 20000 kbps and this video comes at 8391 kbps which is not ideal for 4k at all. When I upload vids in 4k I always go above 20000 kbps to take advantage of the video quality. I've seen as high as 26000 kbps.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look any more interesting than QB, which was painfully dull. Feels like another dud from everything I've seen.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love that chapter or location intro typeface. So awesome.

Game looks great. Can't wait to play it.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Any indication of this having PS4 Pro support? The official Playstation site does not display "PS4 Pro Enhanced" like other games, has anyone at Remedy/505 stated if it will?

Your post made me check if there was anything announced about Xbox One X support. So I check the official Xbox site for the Enhanced info and sure enough they state : Xbox One X enhanced, 4K ultra HD and HDR.

That bodes well for PS4 Pro too then, no way they will not support that. Especially when you consider they have that stupid bullshit timed exclusive shit going on as well.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't put my finger on it before, but it really is shaping up to be a spiritual successor to Second Sight.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
While Youtube may be to blame, more of the blame should go to the uploader as I downloaded this vid and the bitrate was way too low for 4k. For 4k you want to use over 20000 kbps and this video comes at 8391 kbps which is not ideal for 4k at all. When I upload vids in 4k I always go above 20000 kbps to take advantage of the video quality. I've seen as high as 26000 kbps.
I don't mean video compression artifacts, I mean all the shimmering from the temporal artifacting (like looking at the speculars on a flat surface when the camera is still and then watching them smear when the camera pans quickly). Even just the aliasing in general sticks out which would make more sense if were just 1080p, but not at 4k.

1RHmgab.jpg

wWx1qrp.jpg

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean video compression artifacts, I mean all the shimmering from the temporal artifacting (like looking at the speculars on a flat surface when the camera is still and then watching them smear when the camera pans quickly). Even just the aliasing in general sticks out which would make more sense if were just 1080p, but not at 4k.

1RHmgab.jpg

wWx1qrp.jpg
Oh that, yeah, that's pretty weird. I wonder about what's causing that and if the PC version could avoid that.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that, yeah, that's pretty weird. I wonder about what's causing that and if the PC version could avoid that.

Maybe some kind of reconstruction? I remember Remedy used some kind of technique for QB... temporal injection? Something to make the 720p look better. Might be the case here too

I genuinely think it's the worst thing about this game. Your description nails it. Or someone throwing a bag of marbles in a dustbin

Sounds to me like someone's Stomp! audition tape

Ciphyde

Nov 22, 2017
Looks so soulless, like the developers wanted to make a game without a story or any heart, just a graphics display, which isnt
even all that :/

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Really like the environments in this, but as others have said the gameplay looks very repetitive. Seems like a good game to get on sale a few months after it launches tbh.

Oklusion

Nov 22, 2018
That pacing... they need to show better puzzles and exploration and cut down on the combat because now it looks like it will get dull rather quickly.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Looks very clunky and the AI seems pretty braindead.. :/

Make another Alan Wake already.

Last edited:

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I love the part where she runs out of ammo and the goon just stops shooting to wait for her to reload.

The game looks pretty average otherwise. I have pretty low expectations.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this will be a very unique and divisive game, which is a good thing. Very impatient to try it out.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You can even throw dead bodies haha the combat scenarios look like a fun challenge, with you and the enemies zipping around.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
The music system is actually mostly broken in all of the IGN footage, meaning the music is very repetitive. We know :D That's been fixed for the final game.

Good to hear as it was my biggest gripe with the game so far! Otherwise it looks stunning and seems intriquing and very fun to just play. Aina hyvä nähä sitä hyvää suomalaista osaamista :>

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Quantum Break a lot including the live action stuff and the reveal trailer for this game looked really cool. I haven't seen anything else but this footage looked pretty boring to me.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it looks a lot like Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, that is 15 years old.

RedGator

Nov 7, 2017
Looks very boring and barren, in my opinion. Hope this was just a really bad choice of what to show off as I was hopeful. Kind of getting sick of this high contrast "Remedy" look too.