• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck you Ohio.

I hope every asshole who supported this bill gets asked why they support 11 year old rape victims being required to bring their rapists' pregnancies to term.

America, what the fuck is wrong with you? Like seriously, do you have a competition to see who can be the most fucked up?

It's bad enough that you'd force an eleven year old kid to have the baby put in her by a rapist over twice her age, but you're actually making birth control illegal?

Fucking hell.

At times it's worth thinking of the USA as more like 50 countries tied together than one big one.

Like I'd never live in fucking Ohio but Massachusetts is great despite not really being that far away. Every state varies a lot.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
It's state laws like this that make me wish we could do governmental battle royale. Only issue would be Texas and all its crazy republicans.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
What? And have a woman not be punished for the crime of not keeping their holy virginity for marriage? Why, what kind of madness is that? /s

But no, that's the whole point, to punish women for daring to have sex before being taken. Please ignore the woman themselves in this, we are going back to the times where women were objects rather than individuals.
It punishes married women too.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
there are some straight up awful people out there. Way too many of them.

What sacks of shit to put this together.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
If they have to carry to term or face these protections, then they should receive benefits from the state. Draw thousands of dollars of tax from these parasites in power. Multiple Thousands for every single birth in a public hospital. In every state with laws such as these.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
A follow-up anti-abortion bill in the legislative hopper in Ohio would, among other things, ban "drugs or devices used to prevent the implantation of a fertilized ovum," which includes several popular forms of birth control.

They want to make IUDs illegal.

What the fuck is this shit.

Hey people who are pushing for this... hope you fall off a cliff.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I only stopped to go to the bathroom and kept on driving out of Ohio today.

Fuck the GOP

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Popular thing to say is to vote and vote these fuckers out of there, but that's never going to happen in these states where laws like this happen.

Thanks for the response. What you wrote is likely true. What else can we do? Need options beyond "be angry and then do nothing". If protesting will help, where do we protest, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
I really believe that the us is going to fracture into two nations in the relatively soon future. The divide is to far to fix. One nation will be a theocratic fascist state like the hand maids tale and the other a veritable Utopia in comparison.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Usually the constant stream of scary news about trans issues is the cause of the constant pit of anxiety I carry in my stomach, but this last week or two all this unconscionably evil abortion legislation is filling that role all too well.

Feels like I ought to watch Handmaid S2 soon. Maybe it'll help me make more sense of this shit.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I really believe that the us is going to fracture into two nations in the relatively soon future. The divide is to far to fix. One nation will be a theocratic fascist state like the hand maids tale and the other a veritable Utopia in comparison.

If current population trends remain the same the broken nature of the Senate will ensure that the country breaks apart. I hope a lot of states will end up joining Canada.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the foundation of this story can't be overstated. It's an 11 year old girl. Who was raped.

This girl can't vote. Can't drive. Can't drink. Can't watch an R-rated movie. Can't do a lot of things...because she's 11 years old!

But Ohio & their GOP says an 11 year old can be a mother?! To go thru the trauma of carrying her child to term?!

The child was already raped. Repeatedly. Now she's being forced to carry & give birth to a baby only 11 years younger than herself?!

This is insane.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the foundation of this story can't be overstated. It's an 11 year old girl. Who was raped.

This girl can't vote. Can't drive. Can't drink. Can't watch an R-rated movie. Can't do a lot of things...because she's 11 years old!

But Ohio & their GOP says an 11 year old can be a mother?! To go thru the trauma of carrying her child to term?!

The child was already raped. Repeatedly. Now she's being forced to carry & give birth to a baby only 11 years younger than herself?!

This is insane.

Not to mention bear the responsibility of raising the child. Conservatives do not care about the health and well-being of either the child or the mother after it's born, which is why they fight all attempts to provide healthcare for people in that situation.

Again I ask, what can we do about this? Can we as a community not organize to do something? Anything?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone involved in hurting this little girl needs to be fired into the damn sun. Fuck them. Fuck all of them.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Roe v. Wade was FORTY SIX YEARS AGO. These backwards idiots might as well be trying to repeal the Occupational Health and Safety Act.

Wait ... don't give them any ideas ...

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It feels almost like the USA has to start thinking about breaking up. It's crazy that states like California and New York have such divergent laws and value systems from states like Ohio and Alabama. May as well be different countries at this point.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decent people, flee these states
What's amazing is that makes everything worse. The senate will be minority rule in the next 20 years, i mean, it almost already is. 2 senators per state, no matter the population. Basically, in 20 years you are gonna have a situation where over 50% of the country is only gonna be represented by like 30% of senators or some shit. Everyone on this forum in the US that isnt 60+ will see mass violence in our lifetimes.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there some crowfunding to offer her a medical treatment in another state ?
I would like to send the Rega if I could :(

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Fuck this! This is ridiculous beyond belief!

It beats repeating: elections have consequences!

No girl this age should have to go through this much responsibility early in life!

*inserts having no nice things to say to the modern Republican Party here*

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Hey! How about protecting the life of a fucking 11 year old? Carrying a baby and giving birth to one, especially one that comes from rape, must be fucking taxing on the mind and body of such a young girl. Itsy funny that these laws and the people behind them love to claim they're all about protecting life, but they completely ignore the one life that's being ruined, the one human already putting up with all the trauma.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Come on Ohio, you're better than that.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck

At least she'll be able to terminate her pregnancy. It's not gone into effect yet. But it should never go into effect.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
User Banned (permanent): Trolling in a sensitive thread
Yes. It's unfortunate I have to say yes, but abortion is barbaric and immoral.

Over 40 million died from it last year, making it the leading cause of death.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes. It's unfortunate I have to say yes, but abortion is barbaric and immoral.

Over 40 million died from it last year, making it the leading cause of death.

So life starts at conception?

I can think of lots of ways to use barbaric and immoral, like forcing an 11 year old to carry a child to birth because of other peoples own religious and "moral" views on an inherently personal subject, is inherently barbaric and immoral.

What fun words!

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes. Life is conceptualized so strangely now days.

I find it highly puzzling that eagles/turtles eggs and certain species of plants and animals have more rights than a baby.

I think the issue of pro-choice should be an argument of justifiable homicide.

So are you telling me that with the ~50% miscarriage rate among women all around the world, with the majority of miscarriages happening within the first month of conception and never being known to the mother, out of 100% natural circumstances, that those count as statistical deaths and god is dealing with a constant flood of dead baby souls in heaven?

That's what you're telling me?

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
So are you telling me that with the ~50% miscarriage rate among women all around the world, with the majority of miscarriages happening within the first month of conception and never being known to the mother, out of 100% natural circumstances, that those count as statistical deaths and god is dealing with a constant flood of dead baby souls in heaven?

That's what you're telling me?
Yes and it's tragic when miscarriages happen. Hasn't happened to me, but i get a sick pain in my stomach when i imagine it. Again, abortion should be a question of justifable homicide. Why do we conceptualize life of humans and plants/animals differently?