• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here are images of her original twitter posts:

rvRrDiq.png

SgQBh1L.jpg

VetpeQ4.jpg

n585Soj.jpg

pyIyfF9.jpg
thanks. Adding that to the OP.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Has Ansel or his team released a response or statement about this?

He's the lead actor new Westside Story movie.
Has Spielberg or anyone at Amblin said anything? What about anyone at 20th Century/Disney?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017

variety.com

Ansel Elgort Denies Accusation of Sexually Assaulting a Teenage Girl

In a Twitter post, a woman accused actor Ansel Elgort of sexually assaulting her when she was 17, which he has denied.

"I cannot claim to understand Gabby's feelings but her description of events is simply not what happened," he wrote in an Instagram response on Saturday evening. After giving his interpretation of events, including a claim that "Gabby and I had a brief, legal and entirely consensual relationship," Elgort apologized for his past actions, including how he broke up with her. "As I look back at my attitude, I am disgusted and deeply ashamed of the way I acted."

Inadequate.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
The other women coming forward with his pattern of only sending his Snapchat account to girls once he found they were underage is so gross that he's not really a reliable narrator here.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017

variety.com

In a Twitter post, a woman accused actor Ansel Elgort of sexually assaulting her when she was 17, which he has denied.

....He doesn't even address the other high school girls he was "dating" that came forward. Their twitter posts are linked in this thread.
The other women coming forward with his pattern of only sending his Snapchat account to girls once he found they were underage is so gross that he's not really a reliable narrator here.
exactly it is gross.

When I was 20 or 21 or so NONE of my friends were chasing after 10th or 11th graders.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Well, another one on the pile. I even have 2 songs of this guy saved on my Spotify, fucking hell.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

variety.com

Inadequate.

That might be one of the worst apologies I've ever seen. Fuck this dude.

In his response he says that it was legal. Is this one of the "she was under 18 but it's legal because it was in a fucked up state where age of consent is 16/17?"

I don't know why it's not a federal thing.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can tell someone is a self-absorbed asshole if their Instagram is full of shirtless pictures showing off their wealth. Another hallmark is if they come from a famous wealthy New York family. Ah the great white Hollywood meritocracy!

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In his response he says that it was legal. Is this one of the "she was under 18 but it's legal because it was in a fucked up state where age of consent is 16/17?"

I don't know why it's not a federal thing.

That's a silly notion though.

18 isn't some magic number (morally speaking). There's no difference between a 17 year old and an 18 year old sleeping with an older dude.

How Elgort acted was wrong.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Another one of those "apologies" where no "sorry" or "I apologize for" is actually stated and it's just a defensive "this is my side of the story that completely undermines any accusation being made, but let me call it an apology anyway." lol, not good enough.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't really know who this dude is but his name reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

18 isn't some magic number (morally speaking). There's no difference between a 17 year old and an 18 year old sleeping with an older dude.

Not sure what this means. But sexually assaulting a woman of any age is wrong.

But in 12 states, there's a legal difference between 17/18.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea who this was, so I decided to google him and he has one of those faces you instantly want to punch. He totally seems like an entitled, rich douchebag.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

I mean, I'm sure many folks would raise red flags at a 17 year old sleeping with a 21 year old but wouldn't care if its 18
Also, he has a pattern of targeting girls who are in HS
TBH, I don't think 20/17 is bad if they are both in college but this girl was still in HS, barely 17 and he has a habit of targeting/seeking out specifically girls in this age range, which makes him a predator

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Spielberg will most likely have none of this crap and delay the movie to hire a new actor and do some reshoots.
What? He's the lead. Tony is in a lot of scenes in West Side Story. They aren't going to reshoot a $100 million plus movie because of this. I feel bad for that girl and everyone involved with the movie as it's pretty much toast now.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what this means. But sexually assaulting a woman of any age is wrong.

But in 12 states, there's a legal difference between 17/18.

Legally speaking Elgort was in his right to sleep with a 17 year old (which is why the thread title isn't accurate, but that's besides the point). I'm well aware of the legal age varying in different states, but I took issue with your post when you said this

Maturity wise there's no difference between a 17 year old and an 18 year old. They're late teenagers. Arguably, it's morally wrong for grown adults to be sleeping with teenagers, even though their of legal age.

Elgort sexually assaulting her is the issue, regardless if she was 16, 17, or 18.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Legally speaking Elgort was in his right to sleep with a 17 year old (which is why the thread title isn't accurate, but that's besides the point). I'm well aware of the legal age varying in different states, but I took issue with your post when you said this

Maturity wise there's no difference between a 17 year old and an 18 year old. They're late teenagers. Arguably, it's morally wrong for grown adults to be sleeping with teenagers, even though their of legal age.

Elgort sexually assaulting her is the issue, regardless if she was 16, 17, or 18.
And the issue is he slept with a highschool girl

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
We went to the same high school, not at the same time (I'm 5 years older) but I ended up dating his ex girlfriend who then moved in with me. She told me some stories about him that were fucked up. Glad karma is coming around.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

Oh. Good. We agree. I meant it would be fucked up if this gets washed away because she was 17 and that's considered legal in NY, for example.

I completely agree, there's no difference (IMO) between an adult man preying on late teenagers. It's disgusting.