• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
dude, several people have asked Sparks
Welll.....technically he just shrugged.....but yeah.
Tbf, he did answer at first, clearly. He only shrugged after you continued to ask a redundant question.
Hey sparks, what did you DO and more importantly, WHY
I didn't do a damn thing unless you count bidding on some stuff in a secret auction as something

why so serious.jepg
Bathroom? Moving? People?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm out, not likely to be back by day end. Still happy with Bae vote, it's a lil obvious but it's not like there's a reason to NOT vote her.

Please let me stay in the bathroom and NOT get info, k? Gosh.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm out, not likely to be back by day end. Still happy with Bae vote, it's a lil obvious but it's not like there's a reason to NOT vote her.

Please let me stay in the bathroom and NOT get info, k? Gosh.
I think there's better reasons to vote for other people than Bae though honestly.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Verelios Still interested in Maol and not even just because of my pet theory of him and Faddy being teamed, the fascination with Zeke has read awkward to me and he was no where near that Saw lynch yesterday. You are also someone I'd put higher than these two for a lynch, I don't have a strong read on you but I feel like you slip in to ask questions a lot but it's seems like it's more for the sake of it than anything.

Dr. Monkey Not really feeling a Chuggs scum read, his reads are fine, I did notice he was one of the ones that snapped into line of just giving me a free pass after you said I was fine but otherwise, eh, I'm assuming town currently and would probably save him in a close vote.
When you say Maol's fascination with Zeke, are you talking about the auction? That seems to make up quite a bit of his posts today. Or do you mean his general attitude towards Zeke?

I feel like Chuggs has been his town self this game (not that I've played with scum Chuggs I believe) where he'll defend people he views as town if he feels the reasoning is weak and collaborate with his town reads' reads. That's nai for me, at least from him.
Pirate Bae
Faddy
nin
Verelios
Terrabyte20xx
TheWorthyEdge

17/25 have moved today, these 6 haven't. something is wrong with my math. I still want to see movement because I think scum kicked me last night, don't know why town wouldn't claim the move when I discussed it due to my general position in the game so far.
Wait, do you think scum switched with you into the bathroom? Otherwise, what does this prove? Move: Rec Room

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Ngl just having fun with that line. Once I realized what Loki's mistake was and that she didn't purposely misrepresent the vote I saw an opportunity.

You ever watch a sci-fi show/movie with a scientist creating some kind of super AI or robot? Usually they are trying to make the perfect being or something? There's always that one scientist against saying "but you didn't take into consideration the human element, what makes a person "real" etc.

*truffleshuffle*
mopi0P7.gif

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
ROFL , my keyboard is just shit and I am a sloppy writer. I don't 🍞 crumb I just claim fyi

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I won't be around for Day-end and likely so for the next Day this week too.

UNVOTE: Terrabyte20xx

VOTE: FunkyDudeSparks

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I think a Terra vote makes more sense, Kalor is up there too, and I'd say Ynnek and Zipped have done less than Bae today.

I'm not sure.

When Bae votes Terra it is to try and cause a tie between Terra, TWE and Sawneeks. But Aeleus had just switched (probably while they were typing) to put Saw in the lead.

We know Scumneeks was already on TWE. Bae fits as Sawneeks partner with Town!Terra. Not wanting to stack too many scum on the TWE vote.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure.

When Bae votes Terra it is to try and cause a tie between Terra, TWE and Sawneeks. But Aeleus had just switched (probably while they were typing) to put Saw in the lead.

We know Scumneeks was already on TWE. Bae fits as Sawneeks partner with Town!Terra. Not wanting to stack too many scum on the TWE vote.
Yes. Bae's vote is very sketchy. She was mad that people questioned her and not Kyan. How do you see them differently?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Bae fits as Sawneeks partner with Town!Terra. Not wanting to stack too many scum on the TWE vote.
One of the reasons why I think it would be nice to see Terra's flip.

Kyan and myself also had this talk earlier about Terra, which kind of convinced me of his Scumminess beyond just the curiosity of seeing if there was a second Scum wagon on D1.
What's the thing against Terra? He went by my radar on D1 quite completely so I know absolutely nothing. There is the lazy protect Faddy ok. Kill Sorian ok, a bit off the general discussion but I won't judge people for wanting Sorryan dead. Touches Sneek's EOD bait post. Trusts Faddy's claim after the night, yes I am going through this counter-chronologically if that even is a word.

So the crime against humanity is a lack of content and what there is can be called somewhat easy. And something about how TWE gained traction instead of him at D1 end. Not a terrible lynch I guess.
This is kind of the main thing for why I'm suspecting him now besides him not being a Saw voter (he had an old comfy vote on Faddy). If there was another Scum up for the vote, I would say it was most likely Terra.
...that in combination with the explanatory posts today about how he now actually believes Faddy makes bells ring. That'd be such a scum thing to do - "I need to explain myself to the thread in order to make myself look believable, I need to justify my vote." Could be.
Yeah, I like this read.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
One of the reasons why I think it would be nice to see Terra's flip.

Kyan and myself also had this talk earlier about Terra, which kind of convinced me of his Scumminess beyond just the curiosity of seeing if there was a second Scum wagon on D1.

I'm not against Terra. I didn't like his D1 reads either. Listing me , Blarg and Sparks as his scum was definitely lighting up my scum detector.

I don't think I liked his town either.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Kyan voted for Sawneeks. Easy.
Let me rephrase. She says it's not that easy. Got mad about it, too.* How do you unpack this? What do you think of their relative arguments?

*I'm not weighing the anger. I'd be mad too if I was Bae and had rolled scum a bunch and would be mad if I rolled town after rolling scum a bunch and no one believed me. Anger is NAI. Anyone can be mad.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Morning all, today is gonna be a but busy for me it looks like, but I'll try to be around to talk with people who want me to answer questions. My scum reads are still Kalor, Pirate Bae and Terra in that order, so I'm perfectly fine with flipping either of the two wagon leaders today.

Im caught up with the thread, but it doesn't seem like there's too much for me to comment on. There's a lot of talk about Faddy, which is just clogging up the thread at this point. Until town decides to actually push for a Faddy lunch, there's not much point in talking about the pro/cons of him activating his supposed ability. If town wants to force him to do something, we should put votes on him. I agree with Monkey that I can see the benefits of forcing him to activate over letting him continue to post, especially when I also think he hasn't been posting anything particularly helpful for town this game that people wouldn't already figure out.

Also, I'll go ahead and Move: Dining Room to satisfy wee.

And I'm also gonna town read Loki, but I was already town reading that slot when Stu was there. Other town reads are Monkey, Fanto, TWE, and I'll put Aeleus there too for now. That one may be subject to change the deeper into the game we get.

And finally for right now Vote: Pirate Bae to tie the wagons up and see where votes shift.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't post images right now. I'm on a old iPad.

And Fran isn't going to announce my restriction, he will just say I'm town. So for all you know I could be lying about that too.

I don't know where this reputation I lie in Mafia came from. I can't think of a game where I lied about my role, power or results. The worst thing I do is a bad day 1 gimmick.

Monkey seems very tilted at me being busy this weekend.

I didn't like Chuggs post about Terra. It isn't a bad thing that he switched his reads. He re-evaluated after Sawneeks flip.

Where as Sorian is just sticking to his same line about me being scum. Evaluating no one else and in no way acting townie. I was willing to let him be today if he came in and started actually doing some work. It is tough but he is scummy and has to go.

vote: Sorian

So two things, 1) it doesn't matter if Fran announces the restriction or not, you can go read my initial reaction to your bullshit claim. If you can actually keep up posting in only images after Fran mod clears you then kudos to you if this is one big lie somehow. 2) Bullshit to the rest, I've posted other reads today throughout, you're just mad because I always put you back in the forefront before or after my other thoughts so it stays fresh, also:

Know better that what?

Go ping Sorian about not making reads. He isn't sure about the piratebae or terra vote. Which says he hasn't even looked at the vote totals from day 1.

You mean when I said that Bae is probably town and the Terra vote is more a shot in the dark but I'd go for it in a pinch? I'm sure they're bad votes and I'm sure where I'd vote in the two, what more were you looking for?

When you say Maol's fascination with Zeke, are you talking about the auction? That seems to make up quite a bit of his posts today. Or do you mean his general attitude towards Zeke?

I feel like Chuggs has been his town self this game (not that I've played with scum Chuggs I believe) where he'll defend people he views as town if he feels the reasoning is weak and collaborate with his town reads' reads. That's nai for me, at least from him.

Wait, do you think scum switched with you into the bathroom? Otherwise, what does this prove? Move: Rec Room

Maol is heavy into Zeke day 1 and then most of Maol's day 2 has been about the auction and specifically thoughts that Zeke may have caused the auction, may be messing with players through the auction, etc. It's the worst of both worlds, all mechanics talk and hyper focus on a proved role of some sort.

Terrabyte20xx

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I've got a question:

One of the reasons I see consistently popping up for a vote on me is the final going with me the and Sawneeks. I get why people are willing to look over TWE as he would have been the easy tip over to save Sawneeks.

But why is it that I haven't seen anyone bring up EzekielRage as a possibility despite him having more votes than me when the Sawneeks train kicked into overdrive? In fact as far as I can see, the only discussion on him has been is role which, for all intents and purposes, is NAI. Despite being a leading vote candidate yesterday, he hasn't had a single vote today. Not to mention, his last vote on day 1 was on TWE, which happened after Sawneeks's train started to gain traction.

VOTE: EzekielRage

Anyone want to offer an explanation?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

One of the reasons I see consistently popping up for a vote on me is the final going with me the and Sawneeks. I get why people are willing to look over TWE as he would have been the easy tip over to save Sawneeks.

But why is it that I haven't seen anyone bring up EzekielRage as a possibility despite him having more votes than me when the Sawneeks train kicked into overdrive? In fact as far as I can see, the only discussion on him has been is role which, for all intents and purposes, is NAI. Despite being a leading vote candidate yesterday, he hasn't had a single vote today. Not to mention, his last vote on day 1 was on TWE, which happened after Sawneeks's train started to gain traction.

Vote didn't count.

short answer: we have went over all that in some form or another.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Didn't we already do this once today when loki wasn't actually reading the thread and just looking at the vote counts?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
You mean when I said that Bae is probably town and the Terra vote is more a shot in the dark but I'd go for it in a pinch? I'm sure they're bad votes and I'm sure where I'd vote in the two, what more were you looking for?

The reason you listed for Bae is just that she is unlikely to be scum 4 times in a row. It happens.

I think she would have expressed a lot more relief and posted in a much freer fashion earlier on. Even the banter with Fanto seems constrained.

A part from pushing me you have given a whole lot of nulls. nin is null, kalor, is null, blarg is null. There is very little analysis to your game.

You like maol as scum? But you aren't concerned that Terra had him in his top 3 town yesterday? Terra is a "blind spot". It seems like you are playing with your eyes closed.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The reason you listed for Bae is just that she is unlikely to be scum 4 times in a row. It happens.

I think she would have expressed a lot more relief and posted in a much freer fashion earlier on. Even the banter with Fanto seems constrained.

A part from pushing me you have given a whole lot of nulls. nin is null, kalor, is null, blarg is null. There is very little analysis to your game.

You like maol as scum? But you aren't concerned that Terra had him in his top 3 town yesterday? Terra is a "blind spot". It seems like you are playing with your eyes closed.

The reason I listed for Bae is absolutely not odds related. It's about her flustered-ness being genuine and the overall cases I've seen against her being weak (some of which started from "lol Bae is always scum"). But yeah, I'm playing with my eyes closed.

Really a big hop and skip over me saying Monkey and Aeleus are town, Fanto is probably town. Though never outright said since Sparks keeps being fucking coy for no reason but if he screwed with Wee then he is probably town too. Also ignoring my Chuggs town lean and Verelios scum lean. But yeah, I mean if you only go looking for my nulls then that's all you'll find.

And no Terra's reads from day 1 mean nothing to me considering he basically flipped them completely come day 2 and I haven't been able to tell if it's scum motivated or because he's clearly not reading the thread much.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Terra going back for a D1 counter train line of defense has that hail mary feel to it.

Bae's frustration feels like a 1:1 match to how I could see her reacting after 1) her scum mate gets killed D1, 2) scum NK fails, 3) she is a major target for a N2 lynch and because of 3), 4) she can't expect her scum mates to help her since the situation is as bad as it is - everyone for themselves. Finally, of course, 5) this ain't the 1st time she has been dealt this hand.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Terra going back for a D1 counter train line of defense has that hail mary feel to it.

Bae's frustration feels like a 1:1 match to how I could see her reacting after 1) her scum mate gets killed D1, 2) scum NK fails, 3) she is a major target for a N2 lynch and because of 3), 4) she can't expect her scum mates to help her since the situation is as bad as it is - everyone for themselves. Finally, of course, 5) this ain't the 1st time she has been dealt this hand.
This is an interesting point in general and I hadn't really given it much thought, but scum dying d1 + no NK does make for a pretty shitty cycle for a scum team. Could easily lead to disengagement or general malaise for a team, but also could apply to several folks' approach to the thread this phase.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Sorian is weaker than he could be. Faddy is going to get thrown into the bathroom or something so he can't ever claim. Fanto could be town but I am not fully convinced. Zeke is not scum but is he town?

Ynnek has not appeared and Kalor went away with his own train. Sparks really should do something. nin either gets to endgame or manages to spook the meanies into killing him.

Where is the bastard in this game? Monkey is something, I dunno. There is a great many people in this game, could some of you use your guns already? TWE gets way too much credit for one day end, the contributions are lacking.

I am unable to determine if wee is playing her own game or actually really trying to solve the game. This is getting harder now, am too lazy to write more because asd.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is an interesting point in general and I hadn't really given it much thought, but scum dying d1 + no NK does make for a pretty shitty cycle for a scum team. Could easily lead to disengagement or general malaise for a team, but also could apply to several folks' approach to the thread this phase.

I thought it was pretty clear that Saw's vote kind of being a dark horse until the last few minutes (thus killing some of the normal wagonomics you'd look for) + the no kill night was why this phase is a lot like day 1 minus maybe some people got some night time PR info.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Terrabyte20xx (6 votes)
Faddy - #1,925 #2,395
Dr. Monkey - #2,216
lokiduck - #2,231
Fanto - #2,232
Blargonaut - #2,301 #2,471
SweetNicole - #2,358
TheChuggernaut - #2,368
EzekelRAGE - #2,405

Pirate Bae (6 votes)
Aeleus - #1,468
Kalor - #1,529
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,533
EzekelRAGE - #1,813 #2,048
nin - #1,835
weemadarthur - #2,066
Maolfunction - #2,482

TheWorthyEdge (1 votes)
flatearthpandas - #2,324

Sorian (1 votes)
Fanto - #1,370 #1,715
Faddy - #2,395

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
Fanto - #1,715 #1,801
malus - #2,322

Faddy (1 votes)
Sorian - #1,378
Blargonaut - #1,846 #2,176

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
Pirate Bae - #1,535

malus (1 votes)
Ynnek7 - #1,821

SweetNicole (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #2,048 #2,267

Maolfunction (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #2,286 #2,405

weemadarthur (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #1,680 #1,846

Kalor (0 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #1,380 #2,216
Maolfunction - #1,513 #2,482
Fanto - #1,801 #2,232
TheChuggernaut - #1,975 #2,368
Blargonaut - #2,176 #2,301

Not voting: Terrabyte20xx, TheWorthyEdge, Blargonaut, Ketkat, Zippedpinhead, Kyanrute, Verelios

Post Counts:
EzekelRAGE: 145 Fanto: 129 Blargonaut: 114 Dr. Monkey: 110 weemadarthur: 87 Faddy: 54 Sorian: 48 Pirate Bae: 48 TheChuggernaut: 44 lokiduck: 41 Kyanrute: 36 flatearthpandas: 36 Aeleus: 26 Verelios: 25 Kalor: 24 Funky Dude Sparks: 23 Maolfunction: 23 nin: 21 SweetNicole: 19 Ketkat: 16 Terrabyte20xx: 12 malus: 12 Ynnek7: 12 Zippedpinhead: 9 TheWorthyEdge: 5

Current Countdown:
gnqpl27t6g

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!.

==== DAY 2 MOVEMENT ====
Day Start

rec room (Active votes: 6)
ezekelrage - #1,703 #2,061
weemadarthur - #1,707 #1,713
dr. monkey - #1,716
fanto - #1,790
kalor - #2,049
aeleus - #2,098
ezekelrage - #2,267 #2,294
zippedpinhead - #2,293
verelios - #2,463

library (Active votes: 5)
ynnek7 - #1,797
kyanrute - #1,857 #2,063
flatearthpandas - #1,865
sorian - #2,056
kyanrute - #2,344
faddy - #2,460

quarters (Active votes: 4)
funky dude sparks - #1,712
lokiduck - #1,771 #2,282
ketkat - #1,789
kyanrute - #2,063 #2,344
thechuggernaut - #2,455
pirate bae - #2,477

dining room (Active votes: 3)
lokiduck - #2,282
ezekelrage - #2,294
maolfunction - #2,482

kitchen (Active votes: 2)
ezekelrage - #2,061 #2,267
lokiduck - #2,282 #2,282
malus - #2,321
sweetnicole - #2,365

bathroom (Active votes: 2)
blargonaut - #1,548
weemadarthur - #1,621 #1,707
weemadarthur - #1,713

rex room (Active votes: 0)
zippedpinhead - #2,292 #2,293

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Something something, this vote spread doesn't hit scum, something something

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Kalor went away with his own train.
Your whole post is solid, but this really sticks out to me. He did. And he was doing the bare minimum before then. I never expect Kalor to be in the trenches or or be easy to ready but he melted away.

There are a lot of people who are just sort of barely existing and I agree, I wish some vig would pop up and handle someone or other already. We got a large pool. Get folks moving.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I feel good about the chuggernaut.

Not sure why terra is being favored over twe for the lynch but I'm leaning twe. there's so many people in the game, seems weird how few people are actually topics. but that's on me as well i suppose. faddy is not nearly enough of a topic though.

anywho, for now
Vote: theworthyedge
Do you really think it was at least confirmed Scum Sawneeks/ proposed Scum TWE / unknown Terra/ unknown EzekelRAGE yesterday on day 1 with the info we have currently?

I'm just trying to make that leap, its part of the reason I don't like a Terra or Zeke vote today. Not that its wrong just unlikely that our reads were so right day 1. Zeke isn't in contention, but Terra is and you are the only vote on TWE.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if it's relevant, but before maos vote the pirate bae train stayed stationary while the counter train has changed from Kalor to Terra with almost all original Kalor voters now on the Terra train.