• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Move: Rec Room

Need to finish Sneeks lets play of watch dogs, you know thinking about it the fact she was going for the killer ending should have been a hint...

How is it scummy? Describe with words.

"Hey everyone here's this piece of info I totally didn't need to bring up at all since no one was even wondering about it, but here it is because I want to breadcrumb for something (TBD) down the line when people call me out for my scummy behavior so I have some way of saving face."

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Someone made a good point (I'll jog back and find it) about the timing of TWE's vote on Saw being redundant, especially when they were in contention that I agreed with, but it's not to the extent where I couldn't believe they were making sure they had leeway to self-preserve. That's about the only off thing I can think of at the time.

Yeah I can see him voting Sneeks just to make sure he doesn't get lunched since he was one of the main trains. It's probably more possible than my current paranoia about it.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
"Hey everyone here's this piece of info I totally didn't need to bring up at all since no one was even wondering about it, but here it is because I want to breadcrumb for something (TBD) down the line when people call me out for my scummy behavior so I have some way of saving face."
So you think it's a breadcrumb? How is a breadcrumb scummy? And what does pushing it grant you, making me claim earlier?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saying votes on Bae are because she always rolls scum is ridiculous and frankly insulting.

On Day 1:
Lots of short low effort posts, rested on a joke vote until right at EoD, shit posts like these

Maybe you disagree but I absolutely hate these posts, calling out the most boring thing possible (and I feel they very much deserve the snarky reply I gave them)

Actual 100% encouragment of a role fishing discussion

On Day 2:
Does a EoD recap, which ignores context of when votes were made, has odd takes on votes (finds Kalors vote on TWE not an issue because he hasn't posted much? Doesn't find my vote breaking the tie on Neeks interesting? + many many more)

Posts a bunch of BS about her vote which still doesn't make sense as it makes assumptions that Sneeks a was bus that scum would want to move from and were able to within 3 minutes of EoD.

Pushes on Sparks for what amounts to a policy lunch.

What about this isn't suspicious?!

I'll assume my post spurred this one since a small part of my comments on this addressed people coming in with an assumption? It's hard for me to take this seriously, at least the day 1 portion because all of those complaints amount to her knocking you specifically for things you didn't like. And? The day 2 stuff has some merit but it still reads like people wanting to scum read there and finding the reason later. Again, I see a lot of fluster and playing from the back foot than anything and it's reading as annoyed town more than anything. The Sparks thing doesn't read as suspicious at all even if it is incredibly misguided. Her content is garbage but it's not hard to follow the line of why she's spewing out trash rather than giving the game a good think.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
So you think it's a breadcrumb? How is a breadcrumb scummy? And what does pushing it grant you, making me claim earlier?

Quote me the post where I ask for a claim from you

All I'm saying is that bringing it up out of the blue without being prompted is sus af and usually indicates a plan for something in later days, which is usually a scum claim tactic imo

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Buddy can you explain why you want to protect nin?
A couple reasons.

1).He put a target on his back with a plan he must have known would backfire, what you make of that is what you take.

2). His vote on Saw was nonsensical meta gut read, with enough work around that I'd expect scum nin to start moving around once Saw gets to 4-4-4 votes with other trains, which he did not. And honestly, if nin started jumping around I doubt many people would start questioning it, no offense.

3). I trust his vote more than the few that came after him because of 2.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A couple reasons.

1).He put a target on his back with a plan he must have known would backfire, what you make of that is what you take.

2). His vote on Saw was nonsensical meta gut read, with enough work around that I'd expect scum nin to start moving around once Saw gets to 4-4-4 votes with other trains, which he did not. And honestly, if nin started jumping around I doubt many people would start questioning it, no offense.

3). I trust his vote more than the few that came after him because of 2.

nin does number 1 in every single game he is in regardless of alignment, I can pinpoint multiple occasions where I got the mislynch on him because of it and where I watched in horror from spec chat where he went down in flames as my last scummate.

2 and 3 are whatever, I hard disagree, if there's a bus on Saw, it's very obviously in the first half of the votes, not the second.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Quote me the post where I ask for a claim from you

All I'm saying is that bringing it up out of the blue without being prompted is sus af and usually indicates a plan for something in later days, which is usually a scum claim tactic imo
Your post implies desiring a discussion around my supposed "breadcrumb" surely you desired that discussion for an actual reason rather than just noise?

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Your post implies desiring a discussion around my supposed "breadcrumb" surely you desired that discussion for an actual reason rather than just noise?

No it doesn't. I brought it up because it struck me as weird. Isn't that, you know, how Mafia is played? Share your thoughts with town and whatnot?

I said "hey are y'all gonna ignore Ael being shady or what" not "Hey what's Ael's role / what do you think they're breadcruming?"

There's a difference and if you can't see that then we're done here

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
nin does number 1 in every single game he is in regardless of alignment, I can pinpoint multiple occasions where I got the mislynch on him because of it and where I watched in horror from spec chat where he went down in flames as my last scummate.

2 and 3 are whatever, I hard disagree, if there's a bus on Saw, it's very obviously in the first half of the votes, not the second.
So Nin gave up the scum RB for town cred, just like that? Out of the three other trains at the time? It's possible, but incredibly awkward.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
No it doesn't. I brought it up because it struck me as weird. Isn't that, you know, how Mafia is played? Share your thoughts with town and whatnot?

I said "hey are y'all gonna ignore Ael being shady or what" not "Hey what's Ael's role / what do you think they're breadcruming?"

There's a difference and if you can't see that then we're done here
Ya'll know this is noise with no solution. What you both said is NAI and should probably have stopped at 'ok, cool'.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I'll assume my post spurred this one since a small part of my comments on this addressed people coming in with an assumption? It's hard for me to take this seriously, at least the day 1 portion because all of those complaints amount to her knocking you specifically for things you didn't like. And?
The posts I quoted + A lot of the stuff from her EoD analysis look like she's just trying to find ways to shade as many players as possible to see what sticks.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Nin gave up the scum RB for town cred, just like that? Out of the three other trains at the time? It's possible, but incredibly awkward.

You say that like it would be outside his scope. I'm not feeling this quite yet but it's not exactly a reach for him. He went early on a vote he didn't think would mean anything and could be worth cred later since he is weak day 1 then Saw sprung up super close to eod, I do agree that him changing probably wouldn't have led to many people caring but I don't think nin in the moment realizes that, I also don't even think nin was here day end? Probably was but I'm not checking.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
This isn't rolefishing though. You were being ridiculously obvious about pointing out your own breadcrumb, that is suspicious.
I'm not calling the post itself rolefishing I called it "encouragment of a role fishing discussion", talking about the 'crumb' would inevitably lead to curiosity about my role.

I'm calling her out on wanting a discussion which she denies even though her aims for the discussion could be NAI

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
And it was 8 words out of a fairly large post yet for some reason the only part she was willing to respond to. I wonder why?
A fairly large post you later referred to as "the most boring post you ever made"
Eh ok?

Stu has made a decent amount of posts when compared to the other players but most have very little content in them and not much on his own feelings. However he is always like this so it is NAI.

Blarg is doing some weird posting stuff, however he is always like this so it is NAI.

Fanto is very active, however he is always like this so it is NAI.

This is a bastard game so the rooms might not be as clear cut as they may seem.

I am town.

I had just woken up and I wanted to do something fun after I had made the most boring post in my whole mafia career. At this point I wish I hadn't as clearly it seems to be disrailing useful discussion.

I will no longer be answering questions about the numbers.
It was three NAI reads, two bland statements, and then the numbers.

You wonder why she responded to the numbers?

What is the most interesting thing to comment on in that post?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about the post I just made, you know where I leveled critique on her, which she didn't respond to?
Ok then,. this post:
Saying votes on Bae are because she always rolls scum is ridiculous and frankly insulting.

On Day 1:
Lots of short low effort posts, rested on a joke vote until right at EoD, shit posts like these

Maybe you disagree but I absolutely hate these posts, calling out the most boring thing possible (and I feel they very much deserve the snarky reply I gave them)

Actual 100% encouragment of a role fishing discussion

On Day 2:
Does a EoD recap, which ignores context of when votes were made, has odd takes on votes (finds Kalors vote on TWE not an issue because he hasn't posted much? Doesn't find my vote breaking the tie on Neeks interesting? + many many more)

Posts a bunch of BS about her vote which still doesn't make sense as it makes assumptions that Sneeks a was bus that scum would want to move from and were able to within 3 minutes of EoD.

Pushes on Sparks for what amounts to a policy lunch.

What about this isn't suspicious?!
I agree with what Sorian said earlier about this:
I'll assume my post spurred this one since a small part of my comments on this addressed people coming in with an assumption? It's hard for me to take this seriously, at least the day 1 portion because all of those complaints amount to her knocking you specifically for things you didn't like. And? The day 2 stuff has some merit but it still reads like people wanting to scum read there and finding the reason later. Again, I see a lot of fluster and playing from the back foot than anything and it's reading as annoyed town more than anything. The Sparks thing doesn't read as suspicious at all even if it is incredibly misguided. Her content is garbage but it's not hard to follow the line of why she's spewing out trash rather than giving the game a good think.
I wouldn't use words like "garbage" or "trash" but he's right.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Ok then,. this post:

I agree with what Sorian said earlier about this:

I wouldn't use words like "garbage" or "trash" but he's right.
Lets say 95% of my posts are trash, while 5% "has some merit", she decided to respond to the trash rather than stuff with "some merit"

And good on you for not directly calling my posts trash but just agreeing that they're trash?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Lets say 95% of my posts are trash, while 5% "has some merit", she decided to respond to the trash rather than stuff with "some merit"

And good on you for not directly calling my posts trash but just agreeing that they're trash?
He was calling Bae's content "garbage" and said she was "spewing out trash" which is what I meant I would not say, had nothing to do with your posts.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

This is the kind of thinking that leads to not put Malus above light town. The interactions with Sawneeks are potentially someone choosing to interact with their partner.

But again lets focus on people who didn't vote Sawneeks.

I think feps is interesting in that he has been pretty abrasive when trying to get answers. I think he is like that as town when the game is flowing against him. IDK why he was so annoyed by people talking about the auction. He got very short with Kyan at one point and was inconsiderate when talking to fanto.

I lean that as real emotion and think that means he is probably town.

I'm not against the Kalor vote but not one of my top scum. I can see it though. His opening post of today is pretty scummy imo. I see Monkey called it "stiff" and I agree. Although that is the type of player Kalor is. He doesn't give a lot to work with.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

He was calling Bae's content "garbage" and said she was "spewing out trash" which is what I meant I would not say, had nothing to do with your posts.

This for confusion. Also I'm being mindful not to say anything mean about the player but I will definitely hard scrutinize the stances and content.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Soooo mannnyy woooooooordsss

Is it really that difficult to get a point across? Y'all shrink to your gists, fuck

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of thinking that leads to not put Malus above light town. The interactions with Sawneeks are potentially someone choosing to interact with their partner.

But again lets focus on people who didn't vote Sawneeks.

I think feps is interesting in that he has been pretty abrasive when trying to get answers. I think he is like that as town when the game is flowing against him. IDK why he was so annoyed by people talking about the auction. He got very short with Kyan at one point and was inconsiderate when talking to fanto.

I lean that as real emotion and think that means he is probably town.

I'm not against the Kalor vote but not one of my top scum. I can see it though. His opening post of today is pretty scummy imo. I see Monkey called it "stiff" and I agree. Although that is the type of player Kalor is. He doesn't give a lot to work with.

I'm still focusing you, just because I agree on a more general level that Saw voters shouldn't be in the discussion today, that doesn't mean your shit that started before the flip yesterday shouldn't be sorted.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I would argue that in a bastard role madness game, there are dozens of possible explanations and it's such a small thing to focus on that I don't understand why it's a big deal. Do we have any idea? Nah. Did A say they were done talking about it? Yep. Is it weird? Def. Can we do shit with it? Nah. Do we need to vote A out right now? Big nah.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I would argue that in a bastard role madness game, there are dozens of possible explanations and it's such a small thing to focus on that I don't understand why it's a big deal.
Do you see that as a solid reason to Scum read Bae though? This is what I'm trying to shut down here. Right now I don't want to vote for her or Aeleus today, so seeing Aeleus go after her makes me want to counter this supposed role-fishing narrative that I find to be weak.