• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
To your last point: lol but I won't bother to engage it. If you wanna be stubborn, be stubborn.

Blarg: what is Blarg doing that's townie? Compare to last game, for example.

Sparks always claims something. Can you develop your read there? Same for nin. These are all generalized, largely linked to meta. And while I often have trouble reading you because I know this is your MO, compared with your votes and no real engagement with this game, I'm trying to find any reason to see you as town and I got nothing.

I don't have anything to develop upon those points on right now. I didn't look up anything whenever I did that readlist and I'm not starting now to justify myself. If you think I'm not engaged with the game then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

I also wouldn't call them largely linked to meta whenever it's about how I feel about their posts. The single point about Blarg is the only thing that ties into meta.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Ynnek7 SUPERREAD:

in random-ish order:

His hug / kiss / OH MY -list was meh and I think I covered that already. The idea of going for Saw bussers and for malus at that is wicked. Could be really detached scum or just a silly townie. Auction speculation, NAI but if not given more of something else, mechanics speculation tends to fall into meanie camp. Voted for TWE and a bit of a funny thing in the thread with Sawneeks about it. Surely just a coincidence, no way meanies would joke like that in public.

All these people to murder!

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care tbh
Im mad

So, you're getting a lot of scrutiny because you didn't contribute much Day 1, and you voted off top wagons with only three minutes left. That's going to look suspicious as it feels like someone trying to avoid being seen voting for or against sawneeks.

Other people can be suspicious too, but you did a fairly scummy thing. Why didn't you move after trying to bait chaos?

Oct 26, 2017
fuck this site on Android for real. glad i can't format my posts at all, fucking trash website

I don't even know what you want from me, so I'm just going to not talk to you and continue playing the game as I do.
well that's one way to play

tell me about the [strike]rooms movements auctions items claims[/strike] gut feels

Oct 26, 2017
Fantomas won't register because he changed his name but also nah for reasons I posted earlier re: his EoD.
Thanks.
Also, what if there was more than one scum on the block?

Fanto's wishy-washy end of day buys no points here. And as much as money is town, there are real things that need more comment than our feels right now

what if we voted for
vote : fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
fuck this site on Android for real. glad i can't format my posts at all, fucking trash website

well that's one way to play

tell me about the [strike]rooms movements auctions items claims[/strike] gut feels
About my reads from earlier?
Current Scum Suspects:
Kalor
Ynnek
Zipped
FEPs
Mao
Terra
Kalor I had as Scum at the start of the day because of his vote yesterday and avoiding Saw. Nothing today has improved upon that, and I think his reads he just gave are pretty sketchy.
Ynnek has not much content and not much going for him. Was giving him some benefit of the doubt at the start of the day, but I'm not a fan of his reads that he posted earlier today.
Zipped I've explained earlier, you can go back and find me talking to Chugg about that read last night.
You I explain in my opening post, saying you didn't want to vote for Saw and going for Zeke instead, and so far today you've been, in my opinion, overly focused on mechanics and role talk which is NAI at best.
Mao is based on ignoring Saw at EoD and voting between Zeke and Terra.
Terra I talked about a little bit ago to Kyan, main point being I think if one of the other wagons on D1 was Scum, it was most likely him.

Oct 25, 2017
Can you expand on this some? What about the arguments surrounding Bae feel weak? How do you feel about her day 1 play?

If I'm getting this argument right, it's that she made a shady last minute vote. My main issue with that is that we don't know for sure the alignment of the player she voted. At least it's not as "Oh this person is probably town" like TWE is. Her day 1 play is whatever and there's nothing that she's done that has made me feel great about the slot, but I think there's way better choices to after today, and I'm not sure why the Bae vote picked up out of everyone else.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
So, you're getting a lot of scrutiny because you didn't contribute much Day 1, and you voted off top wagons with only three minutes left. That's going to look suspicious as it feels like someone trying to avoid being seen voting for or against sawneeks.

Other people can be suspicious too, but you did a fairly scummy thing. Why didn't you move after trying to bait chaos?

It was 3 minutes before EOD and I was working

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Nin just seems genuine and nothing about their posts have really stuck out as bad. They've just been consistent and contributing well whenever they post. Stuff like their big plan on day 1 which ended up being not much but I see town Nin doing that. Blarg feels like town Blarg to me and I don't really have much beyond that right now. Similar to Nin where they feel consistent. Sparks seems to be telling the truth about their role and I don't see scum claiming it unprompted on day 1 since as soon as any weirdness happens regarding the bathroom, such as today, they'd automatically be looked at.

I wouldn't say it's unsure, more that nothing about their play so far has really stuck out as being particularly alignment indicitive.
I don't have anything to develop upon those points on right now. I didn't look up anything whenever I did that readlist and I'm not starting now to justify myself. If you think I'm not engaged with the game then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

I also wouldn't call them largely linked to meta whenever it's about how I feel about their posts. The single point about Blarg is the only thing that ties into meta.
Let's go through them point by point:
1. Nin just seems genuine and nothing about their posts have really stuck out as bad. They've just been consistent and contributing well whenever they post. Stuff like their big plan on day 1 which ended up being not much but I see town Nin doing that.
First, this is highly general. This could be picked up and put into a read of almost anyone in any game. It's not tied to anything and contradictory as well. "Contributing well" plus a failed/nothingburger plan doesn't go together. It only works because it's nin and that is tied to meta.

2. Blarg feels like town Blarg to me and I don't really have much beyond that right now. Similar to Nin where they feel consistent.
You do admit this is meta. It's also the most common thing about Blarg in general. "Blarg feels like x Blarg." But I am specifically pointing to last game in which Blarg was probably MVP of solving. Now that's a town Blarg. Is he doing that here? Is he making meaningful contributions? Sorian suggests we wait until day 3 or so to see but since you said he is I want to know why or how you get there.

3. Sparks seems to be telling the truth about their role and I don't see scum claiming it unprompted on day 1 since as soon as any weirdness happens regarding the bathroom, such as today, they'd automatically be looked at.
This is still meta - even if it's not necessarily meta on Sparks, it's mechanical meta. "Scum does/doesn't do x" is meta about the community and game mechanics. It's also completely divorced from context and from Sparks himself. It's the most general statement you could make and totally unattached to the game.

Do you think I am scum who chased my scum rb partner all day and then chilled on a bus vote while she died?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Okay but real talk: when does Sparks ever play in a way that benefits town?

He must be removed before endgame, period, as it's unlikely scum will. My question is why do we do it now? He's not a benefit to scum either if he's scum.

As much as I don't like policy lynches, this is indeed true since it will only bite us all in the bottom the longer the game continues.

Only thing holding me back is that his role could benefit town. Yet again the way he plays does not.

We end up negative

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
About my reads from earlier?

Kalor I had as Scum at the start of the day because of his vote yesterday and avoiding Saw. Nothing today has improved upon that, and I think his reads he just gave are pretty sketchy.

You're forgetting the other point you keep bringing up against me about how you always read me as scum. I've been on your scum list since yesterday because of that and I'm fairly confident that my actions, however questionable they've been in retrospect, are just feeding into your confirmation bias. I'm hardly the only one who looks bad because of that flip.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You're forgetting the other point you keep bringing up against me about how you always read me as scum. I've been on your scum list since yesterday because of that and I'm fairly confident that my actions, however questionable they've been in retrospect, are just feeding into your confirmation bias. I'm hardly the only one who looks bad because of that flip.
Yeah, and that's why I'm also Scum reading other people too, doesn't change the fact that your actions are questionable and I have no reason to have you anywhere but in my suspect list right now.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

Fanto's wishy-washy end of day buys no points here. And as much as money is town, there are real things that need more comment than our feels right now

what if we voted for
Then I think we'll see it come out. There are reasons I didn't have Fanto in my clear list in my pre-typed. While his final votes were solid and he didn't move and that's good, I don't feel super great about him on some aspects and I'd put him only in a town lean. But I don't think it's the most productive line of inquiry today; I think we need more vote patterns. That's just my opinion though.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was 3 minutes before EOD and I was working

That's fair, but I'm mostly trying to understand the votes that happened from every angle. You placed that vote outside of the trains at almost last minute and while there's a chance it could have shaken things up, I'm trying to understand why you picked that spot over any others.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Woke up to two pages of what seems like similar conversations happening infinitum. How?
Thanks.

what if we voted for
Hm, you've been insistent about Fanto being weird since D1, but never really put in effort to say why, and argue it until recently with the PIK.

Is it the same with your Maol read?

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think about other people besides me and Bae?

Fanto, Monkey, Aeleus and TWE are probably town.

Sparks feels like town Sparks, but who's to know. Same feels about Blarg.

Zeke feels town. Maybe a neutral with the auction role, but who cares. Never really bought the case against him on day 1.

I'm leaning town on Faddy, but if there's actually scum between him and Sorian, I'm betting it's Faddy. I would put money on the eternal Faddy/Sorian war just starting again and I'm going with my gut read that they're just town/town.

Mao feels like wrong town. At least in day 1. Feel like he's faded into the background a bit on day 2.

I'm feeling a bit better about Wee. I've thought her stuff today was fine, even if a lot of it was room crap. Monkey pointed out a post of Neeks pushing her that I don't think scum Neeks would do. Not ready to say town yet, but she's sitting at a null now.

Kyan is a huge null to me with a slight town gut read.

nin, Vere, feps, Loki, kets, and Malus all feel townie, but I'm grouping them together because I'm bored of writing this post. Out of that list Feps and Malus could maybe be scum, but I'm thinking they aren't and I really don't feel like looking their yet.

I feel a bit better about Terra, but he hasn't slipped into a town read yet. Still feel like there's not much coming out of him.

I don't like Ynneks vote on Malus today at all, and I want to take a closer look at him depending on how the vote today goes.

Nicole and Zipped are both nulls for me that I don't feel great about. Both of them feel like they're flying way too far under the radar.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
All right, I'll engage feps. I kinda wanted to see if other people would do it but eh.
fuck that, it's not fluff. this is one of the few actionable claims we have. why are you worried about fluff here and not faddy's checkable but please don't check it claim? and what about the open fucking thing no one is talking about but here's still rampant speculation on zeke? ketkat won one item, i won another. no one cares who the third winner was or what i won but maybe zeke causes auctions what the fuck are people doing?
and sorian has big on how blarg becomes more useful and town the later the game goes on. i assume sparks isn't dead weight and acts appropriately. everyone should move rooms

Maybe I'm an asshole but yeah, I'll call Sparks dead weight. I would love to see Sparks actually explain anything about his role or his actions and even when asked directly this day by wee, he's been cagey. I don't know how he can hold conversations just in in other threads and on discord but not do it here in a game and it's a huge point of frustration for me but it is what it is. Maybe he's cagey for a reason today. Maybe not. The problem is there's NO way to figure out which it is! Absolutely none!

twe was the last recorded vote unless I'm mistaken and sawneeks had a two person lead. no one had voted rwe in a while. again, not protection. not defensive.

I see what you're getting at with TWE but every other factor from yesterday points to TWE being town. There is a longshot possibility that there were a lot of scum wagons, magically, and TWE was best sacrifice, but I feel relatively confident that he's town and that vote was self pres. There was a good amount of movement even with Sneeks in the lead and we all know vote fuckery is a common issue.

Again, no mention of the second item. And bread refers as if they are beneficial when the only claimed item is certainly not beneficial. Seems like you don't care so much about information. seems like people care more about flooding certain things rather than following the thread. The thread is long and annoying but fuck, no one seems to care about what's there
I can see reasons not to claim the third item. It just really depends what it is. It might also be that two people bid the same amount and no one got it - that was how it worked, right? It was void if the bids were the same?

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
The bids were good, which I take to mean the third bidder would get the item.

Also, sorry everyone. I overslept today, and have to get ready for D&D in a couple hours. I'll try to keep up with the thread, but I probably won't be able to post anything until later tonight.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Town:
Aeleus
TWE
Sorian

Town leans:
nin
Fanto
Chuggs
Ketkat
wee
Verelios
Sparks
Kyan

Nullzone:
lokiduck (has anyone talked about her much? I am not very into giant posts just to make nulls)
Bae
Faddy
Mao
malus
Nicole
feps
Zeke
Blarg

Scumzone:
Kalor
Terra
Ynnek7
Zipped

Two things about my list make me uncomfortable:
One, my nullzone is too big and I want to sort that later today/tomorrow with more and less likely people. For now I think I'd be less interested in pursuing Faddy, Blarg, Bae, Zeke, and feps in that group, but that's all pending/developing. Two, mathematically, it seems highly unlikely that all these quieter people are scum and that's just it. But with d1 votes and developments in the day, that's how I'm feeling, even if it feels bad.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Big game is big.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling like the scummier players include
zipped
maol
chuggs
ynnek

Feps seems like his annoyed town self
I still think we flip Bae to see if terra was a distraction rather than a 2nd scum train
No feelings on malus at all.

Not thrilled with the idea that people are reading sparks as probably-town, and probably-room-switcher, and still want to kill him. If that's who/what he is, he's our defense against scum hiding in there. It wouldn't stop lunches but it would stop cop checks etc.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh also I have bad feelings about
sweetnicole
lokiduck - not from what she has done, but from it being mostly factual recaps and not analysis, granted she just got here

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I still think we flip Bae to see if terra was a distraction rather than a 2nd scum train
I would rather flip Terra to see how we evaluate Bae, tbh. Angry Bae gives me some rumblings because I have seen Angry Scum Bae before but it could also be legit Bae and if this whole line of inquiry is wrong, she has at least done more than Terra.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
lokiduck (has anyone talked about her much? I am not very into giant posts just to make nulls)
This is typical Loki in my eyes, so I'd call it NAI I guess. She hasn't been Scum yet though, so there's not much of a real Meta involved, just that I expect her to make huge posts that summarize things but don't really end in a firm read.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
and sorian has big on how blarg becomes more useful and town the later the game goes on. i assume sparks isn't dead weight and acts appropriately. everyone should move rooms

This is going to sound mean but Blargs savant play that starts to appear late game does not extend to Sparks, what you've seen so far is what you get.

———

I agree that jumping to find bussers right now is silly just based on how that eod went and even if you wanted to, thinking Fanto was the bus is just dumb, he got that at just the right time where he may have been the reason for her death, that's too extreme.

Also, I think this Bae vote is lazy, so much of it feels born of Bae always rolls scum and her engagement feels awkward. Her engagement always feels awkward though and yeah, you'd have to remember super far back to find a town showing so I'm not even sure she's less awkward when town. Her being flustered at being type cast seems genuine though and that reads more annoyed town than anyway.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather flip Terra to see how we evaluate Bae, tbh. Angry Bae gives me some rumblings because I have seen Angry Scum Bae before but it could also be legit Bae and if this whole line of inquiry is wrong, she has at least done more than Terra.
D1 she seemed to be trying to shade me, D2 she wants us to kill off sparks. (These are both things I think scum would try to do)
I don't like any of her content and she's not engaging with very much of the game overall.

She also made a weird meta joke about being the cop which went completely unnoticed....I know it's a history thing, but putting it out there like it's possibly real rubs me the wrong way when a player is under a lot of suspicion.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to sound mean but Blargs savant play that starts to appear late game does not extend to Sparks, what you've seen so far is what you get.

———

I agree that jumping to find bussers right now is silly just based on how that eod went and even if you wanted to, thinking Fanto was the bus is just dumb, he got that at just the right time where he may have been the reason for her death, that's too extreme.

Also, I think this Bae vote is lazy, so much of it feels born of Bae always rolls scum and her engagement feels awkward. Her engagement always feels awkward though and yeah, you'd have to remember super far back to find a town showing so I'm not even sure she's less awkward when town. Her being flustered at being type cast seems genuine though and that reads more annoyed town than anyway.
Fuck me, I agree with everything Sorian just said. How do I repent?

Oct 25, 2017

———

Yeah, I agree with all of this

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with feps that all players should move rooms to see if someone ended up in the bathroom....but if there are reasons against it I am willing to listen. Partly this is because later on we may need to parse the lack of death. The "scary thing later" post could imply a scum-chargeup move, or be a non-mafia move, or a lie. Right now we have little info to solve with.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just so I understand because your claim yesterday doesn't gel with what you said today, are you not taking credit for doing whatever Wee is complaining about?
He replied to my direct question with a shrug. And after i posted an assumption that that means he is claiming not to have done it, he didn't argue.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I think Blarg is playing low key in an effort to make it further in the game. Not necessarily a scum tell, but it's obvious.
At the beginning of the day I was agreeing to the Pirate Bae scum reads for all the wrong reasons. I don't think I have played with them and most of the "reasons" were shady voting and "you were scum all the time". doesn't mean they aren't scum, just means a better reason is needed.

Chuggs, Ynnek, Weemadarthur, and verelios I'm getting scummy vibes from.

of those I freely admit it's because the last few games I played with them I am biased on Verelios for a scum lean.

chuggs and Ynnek are more on gameplay. Weemadarthur might just be I missed posts where they proved their towniness.

im going to stay up to date today and try to post some. Got those cars almost done and then the rest of the BB tourney