• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Feeling better about Chugg's contributions once Monkey and I poked him a bit. My take on his D1 still stands though since it hasn't been countered at all.

Gunna move my vote to Kalor for reasons mentioned in my opening post.

Vote: Kalor

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
That's how I will be able to parse whether the game runner told the absolute truth.
Bathroom effects take effect AT NIGHT and in the FOLLOWING day phase. What I submitted on day one came back to me, because I was ejected from the bathroom.
Today I will submit something and expect no response on .....er......morning.....3? 4? Not sure. Because it's a test.

But I thought you didn't get a response from last night???

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ynnek7 do you have any reads here today following Saw's flip? Top Scum read?

I'm not really seeing much content from you here today, so that makes me raise my eyebrow a bit since there should be plenty to go on to get some reads going.

Oct 25, 2017
Chugg, what do you think of Terrabyte's posts from today?

A lot of it is just kind of background stuff that hasn't really jumped out to me, but then we have this post that makes me feel a tiny bit better.

I want to highlight this post for a minute. It happens seven minutes before day end while she is a vote away from being pushed into the lead.

Now presumably, this was made to appear as town as possible in order to get people to move onto a different train. But knowing what we know now, is anyone willing to entertain the possibility that one of the two is a scum member? I personally doubt both would be, but I think it would be likely to hide a scum mate with a townie so as to tie the two together.

So there's not anything impressive about this post, but the word choice jumped out to me, because here's Terra again wording stuff with these gestures to get someone to latch onto the statement like "Is anyone willing" which looks bad, but hear me out here. I would think scum would be self conscious about doing this again after this was a big part of what Vere called out, but then it just kind of happens again, and it's making me wonder if this is just a thing he does I guess. I dunno, not having a metaread on him is throwing me off a bit

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I am incredibly bored by the room discussions.

General question to the room:

Who are your current top 2 Scum reads, and why?
Maol - obvious reasons. On top of pr/item fishing.
Bae - how things have unfolded for her looks sketchy. Still don't understand the barrage of posts earlier. Reason for voting terra still doesn't make sense.
Sweet Nicole - still hasn't answered why neeks was in top town.

protect monkey
Kill bae
Investigate maol

Vote: Pirate Bae[//highlight]

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of it is just kind of background stuff that hasn't really jumped out to me, but then we have this post that makes me feel a tiny bit better.

So there's not anything impressive about this post, but the word choice jumped out to me, because here's Terra again wording stuff with these gestures to get someone to latch onto the statement like "Is anyone willing" which looks bad, but hear me out here. I would think scum would be self conscious about doing this again after this was a big part of what Vere called out, but then it just kind of happens again, and it's making me wonder if this is just a thing he does I guess. I dunno, not having a metaread on him is throwing me off a bit
I think in that instance I would find it more sketchy if he just left it with the question, but since he gave his own thoughts after too, I don't really have a problem with that post I guess.
protect monkey
Kill bae
Investigate maol
Monkey is too easy, who else would you protect?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also, a role where you become Confirmed Town and then have to play Image Mafia for the rest of the game should just be called the Fanto tbh. :P

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
His claim is that if he uses his Innocent Child confirmation then he'll only be allowed to post images (up to 3 per post) for the rest of the game.
Also, a role where you become Confirmed Town and then have to play Image Mafia for the rest of the game should just be called the Fanto tbh. :P
So if I had this power.....technically I could post the truffleshuffle gif (if I wasn't on mobile ) for the rest of the game 😲😲😲

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Ynnek7 do you have any reads here today following Saw's flip? Top Scum read?

I'm not really seeing much content from you here today, so that makes me raise my eyebrow a bit since there should be plenty to go on to get some reads going.

I'm still not sure if I scum read him exactly, but Malus is standing out to me, despite not really giving us much to work with. He had an early vote on Sawneek, which could have started out as busing, not expecting the votes to grow like they did. I start to doubt that though, with Sawneeks post where she said to look at him and then Monkey. Would Scum!Sneek bus a fellow Scum!Malus? Actually, that post really confused me at the time as I thought I had been following a long, but I couldn't really see the link that led from Malus to Monkey. Was there something there?

Also, we're about 8 hours into the Day phase, and he hasn't even checked in yet. I start to wonder if the scum team would be okay with that level of posting, but then that gets into trying to figure out scum meta. That gets into the slippery slope of wondering if scum would be okay with it because its not expected.

I'll update my list P/I/K
Protect: Faddy. The more I think about it, their role claim makes sense to me. Town would get a confirmed townie, while losing a voice in the discussion. At least one that's easily understood. Seems balanced to me.
Investigate: Pirate Bae or Kalor.
Kill: Malus.

I'll put this down for now.

VOTE: malus

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got home, you're all really going to just let Faddy play this game, seriously?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure if I scum read him exactly, but Malus is standing out to me, despite not really giving us much to work with. He had an early vote on Sawneek, which could have started out as busing, not expecting the votes to grow like they did. I start to doubt that though, with Sawneeks post where she said to look at him and then Monkey. Would Scum!Sneek bus a fellow Scum!Malus? Actually, that post really confused me at the time as I thought I had been following a long, but I couldn't really see the link that led from Malus to Monkey. Was there something there?

Also, we're about 8 hours into the Day phase, and he hasn't even checked in yet. I start to wonder if the scum team would be okay with that level of posting, but then that gets into trying to figure out scum meta. That gets into the slippery slope of wondering if scum would be okay with it because its not expected.

I'll update my list P/I/K
Protect: Faddy. The more I think about it, their role claim makes sense to me. Town would get a confirmed townie, while losing a voice in the discussion. At least one that's easily understood. Seems balanced to me.
Investigate: Pirate Bae or Kalor.
Kill: Malus.

I'll put this down for now.

VOTE: malus

Oh I'm not a big fan of this post at all.

I get being weary of Malus, but going after him at this point just seems really questionable especially with all the obvious sketch from other players

Oct 26, 2017
Also

Investigate: TWE
Kill: Faddy
Protect: Monkey

Not liking this unconfirmed IC angle. As for worthy, i need to reread day end but looking at the votes only his vote on saw is weird. Doesn't really strike me as preservation

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up as well and I'll say two things:

I agree with whoever said the thing about Zeke being whatever. Regardless of what you want to believe, he knew about the auction ahead of time and to me the worst that reads is neutral which, who cares. Maybe he needs to get people to bid on shit items, maybe he needs to win a certain amount, whatever, at the end of the day someone losing a vote isn't enough for me to care about a neutral and his vote D1 tells me nothing considering he was self-pressing against TWE before a surprise scum lynch suddenly appeared which leads me into my point 2.

The wagonomics of that day end are trash data mostly. You can get the clear town (or at least not scum) reads on Monkey and Aeleus, probably Fanto as well to be honest because that would have been an awkward time to bus. But for finding teammates, there isn't much to go on. Faddy, malus, and nin were there and that's cool but it doesn't give them any bonus points considering Saw was not a real contender until the last like 10 minutes, if that. It's hard to even say where scum went, anyone moving close to day end, moved on Saw, if Zeke and TWE aren't aligned with her (which seems like the easy conclusion tbh) then scum could just do whatever they want and then just look on while Saw was lynched fast.

Was mildly debating moving my vote but nah, Faddy should be dropping doubt here not dicking around with "b-but pictures!"

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Sparks you are snoring too loudly, can you please quiet down. :p

In other news I went in did my thing where i made a spreadsheet of the votes to keep track when peeps made votes and what other trains were at what point. (I'll totally post pics if you want to see my data if that's allowed.)

Now for the main event, over some posts I'm going to be going over various players and then give a summarized list of my current opinions on everyone at the end. I'm going to break them up just so it doesn't become some super post.

POST 1

Malus: Only voted for Sneeks. Was second on the train and tied it up with Faddy's train (2) when TWE's was in the lead (3).

Could have been an early bus vote as her train wasn't doing much, but that's risky with her being the RBer. The weirdest thing about his Sneeks vote is actually what he said when he did.

I'll drop my hot take before I have to bounce again:

Faddy is town.
Sawneeks is scum.
nin is neutral

vote: Sawneeks

He was right about Sneeks, and if Faddy's claim is real, then this post is definitely very weird (especially since it was his second comment of the game) and at the very least a really good guess. It'd be pretty gutsy to make this post if he's scum, but scum does crazy shit. His vote on Sneeks seems to be a joke one that he decided to keep partly due to some posts she had made and her lacking of voting in general. This aspect isn't as weird as the vote post itself.

Play wise, I usually scum read him like Kalor, so I try to give him the benefit of the doubt unless I have definite proof. His inquires about the bathroom mechanic that monkey pointed out were definitely a bit weird, especially when he was role fishing about sparks role. He owned up to his fishing when Monkey pointed it out, but that doesn't mean much.

As of right now that vote post and his fishing make me slightly suspicious of him, so he is a slight scum lean. I want more before I can fully decide.

---

Zipped: Voted Faddy and TWE. Faddy vote pushed his train to 4 and tied it up with Terra and TWE. His later vote on TWE pushed it in the lead when it was tied with Faddy and Terra.

His vote on TWE wasn't too suspicious as he had mentioned previous suspicions of him when he voted for Faddy. It also seems reasonable why he would unvote Faddy when he did as Faddy had claimed IC. Both of his votes aren't that suspicious, though it's interesting he caused a tie and then broke the tie between the same three players later. He was also suspicious of Terra but didn't vote there because Terra is a bit rusty. This detail is fairly NAI.

As for his posts, there wasn't much to get from them so for now I feel he's a null read until I see more.

---

Feps: Voted nin and Zeke. Started the nin train when Sorian was the only on in the lead (2), not much there. Second to vote Zeke which tied him up with a bunch of trains (all at 2) including Sneeks, Faddy, nin, and Mao.

His voting history doesn't tell me much at this point. His nin vote was a joke nad his Zeke vote was because he was causing too much fluff which is extremely weak reasoning. I don't care much for the Zeke vote as a result.

Most of his posts have been throwing shade, commenting about having to catch up and general small talk. His most interesting post was this one
of the top candidates, maol and fanto are the ones who have given me weird vibes. faddy seems pretty normal, except i seem to remember him always pushing a torn circle by now and me hating that. sawneeks seems normal to me too. i know the case against her has been building but like the aeleus thing earlier it just like isn't sticking with me. i liked kyan's turnabout post on her though. twe and terra both are like nothing. i don't see why we shouldn't be voting zeke instead of them

Where he gave the most opinions on the players. He also enforced his desire for people to vote Zeke while still not giving any strong reasoning at all why. Non of his posts really do that and I find that pretty weak. However, most of this seems like what I have seen from him before so this might just be his normal routine. For now he is a null read until I see more.

---

Ynnek7: Voted for TWE. He voted for TWE at the same time as Sneeks which pushed TWE into the lead. Now that we know Sneeks was scum, the timing is interesting. It could easily be scum!Sneeks and Ynnek voting at the same time as a pure coincidence, but it could have also been coordinated to throw suspicious off each other if one flips. In either case, it took slight heat off of Sneeks which is naturally what she wanted. Ynnek also voted for TWE to "cause chaos" mainly with the intentions to cause another tie supposedly, which is fairly weak reasoning all though it can get results from seeing how the ties break.

Post wise, I've been fine with what I've seen from him, though I definitely need more. Null for now.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up as well and I'll say two things:

I agree with whoever said the thing about Zeke being whatever. Regardless of what you want to believe, he knew about the auction ahead of time and to me the worst that reads is neutral which, who cares. Maybe he needs to get people to bid on shit items, maybe he needs to win a certain amount, whatever, at the end of the day someone losing a vote isn't enough for me to care about a neutral and his vote D1 tells me nothing considering he was self-pressing against TWE before a surprise scum lynch suddenly appeared which leads me into my point 2.

The wagonomics of that day end are trash data mostly. You can get the clear town (or at least not scum) reads on Monkey and Aeleus, probably Fanto as well to be honest because that would have been an awkward time to bus. But for finding teammates, there isn't much to go on. Faddy, malus, and nin were there and that's cool but it doesn't give them any bonus points considering Saw was not a real contender until the last like 10 minutes, if that. It's hard to even say where scum went, anyone moving close to day end, moved on Saw, if Zeke and TWE aren't aligned with her (which seems like the easy conclusion tbh) then scum could just do whatever they want and then just look on while Saw was lynched fast.

Was mildly debating moving my vote but nah, Faddy should be dropping doubt here not dicking around with "b-but pictures!"
I'm telling y'all, this is town Sorian, I'm like 80% certain.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
lokiduck, my girl, you are a beast (and I wanna see your sheets always, omg - I've linked sheets before so it should be okay but ask Fran!), but that is a whoooooole lot of post for a whole bunch of null reads. Surely you got a lean on some of those nulls. Even if it's gut. Gun to head, file two of them with alignment reads. Build some worlds. Take a stand.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
lokiduck, my girl, you are a beast (and I wanna see your sheets always, omg - I've linked sheets before so it should be okay but ask Fran!), but that is a whoooooole lot of post for a whole bunch of null reads. Surely you got a lean on some of those nulls. Even if it's gut. Gun to head, file two of them with alignment reads. Build some worlds. Take a stand.

I will ask Fran if it's okay c: and if i get permission i will definitely post the link. XD As for the null reads, i'm afraid that is a common thing for me during the early game as I usually want to be sure about my reads on people... but out of the four I posted above...

malus feels like scum to me (I said as much lol). He voted for Sneeks when vere was only on her, so at that point there wasn't much of a risk, especially since his vote was a joke one. The fact that he stayed, his role fishing about the bathroom, and just the fact he guessed sneeks was scum and Faddy was town (which depends on Faddy's claim being real or not might be true) makes me suspicious of him.

Ynnek feels towny to me, as his posts have been fine, the reason I'm not putting him in my slight town reads however is becasue of the vote with Sneeks on TWE. They happened at the same time and pushed TWE into the lead, and it's probably and most likely possible that it was just a coincidence, but the suspicious part of me wonders if it was planned to distance themselves from each other.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I did not get permission to post a link to my spreadsheet, but here are screenshots of it. Sorry if it's a bit small.

Anytime someone unvoted I striked out their name and Sneeks name is red because she was scum. If there were 0 votes on a train I greyed it out like when i mentioned someone unvoting.

If something is wrong then please let me know.

cBQVSwb.png
gV0YK7i.png
SHHHsRe.png

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Sorian wants to get an allegedly mod-confirmable Townsfolk killed and Dr. Mobkey Town-reads him for it yet won't back him up with a vote on Faddy, shit's s t r a n g e

Oct 25, 2017
Sorian wants to get an allegedly mod-confirmable Townsfolk killed and Dr. Mobkey Town-reads him for it yet won't back him up with a vote on Faddy, shit's s t r a n g e

Monkey scum reading her scum buddy so hard she dies doesn't seem like something Monkey would do especially on day 1. I'm town reading Sorian too, and I'm not following Sorian onto Faddy either. You can think someone's town and also wrong

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Faddy you continuing to not confirm yourself is more anti-Town than losing your text capability, you are being selfish and 2 strong players are being led down a dark path because of you. Confess and you may still be redeemed

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Monkey scum reading her scum buddy so hard she dies doesn't seem like something Monkey would do especially on day 1. I'm town reading Sorian too, and I'm not following Sorian onto Faddy either. You can think someone's town and also wrong
It's too early for that. How about I think Sorian's right even though I think he's scum then?

VOTE: Faddy

Is this the mirrorverse you want live in? Fine let's

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Nobody has reported being marked aside from Zeke's cursed item(s) yet shit's gonna go down in 2 Days; something's gotta be up with the room(s)

All item holders should voluntarily quarantine themselves together in one room, please.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
If Zeke openly claims to be a gifter then he should pick who is part of his auction. Only those people should participate and enter a room with him.

Item-holders please quarantine yourselves together in the Rec Room. Anyone who doesn't have an item should leave the Rec Room

Zeke you should stay in the Library, and name who you want to join you there for Tonight. Only those players should be in the Library with him.