• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'm putting Wee on pause because there's all this room talk going on surrounding her right now and it's honestly making my eyes glaze over.

I really don't know what to tell you about Terra other than what Vere already said. I can type that in my own words if you want, but what's the point.

I'm actually kind of leaning towards Kalor at the moment because I keep coming back to this vote and just holy shit, everything about this is bad. No strong feelings about anything, but he's curious about TWE because of reasons? Seriously what is going on here
I do think the timing of that vote is suspicious, but I can't think of why unless it was to pad the TWE train and help Zeke. It doesn't help that Zipped voted right after either, following the wave.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
@everyone

How do you feel about Zeke's claim of being a "town-aligned" auctioner role given that one of the prizes lost Ketkat (supposedly) the ability to vote?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Ketkat is giving me the "Adrift in the sea by herself" vibe that I'm used to getting from town Kets

Yeah when I skimmed through her posts yesterday I got that vibe that she is trying to just work things out on her own. Was enough to get me to lightly town read her. I don't even feel that bad about her vote on me since she could easily see it as me trying to pocket her.

Oct 25, 2017
I do think the timing of that vote is suspicious, but I can't think of why unless it was to pad the TWE train and help Zeke. It doesn't help that Zipped voted right after either, following the wave.

Where else would they put the vote with the votes like that? It does look kind of shady to stack I guess so it would be better to spread them out, but if another one of the wagons was scum, then it makes more sense to stack

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Ket could vote today so I could get a better feel but I'd put her town side for now. I think I'll do a sort of everyone later tonight or tomorrow.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fanto

Tell me about your Zipped read as the Zipped expert
Here's the thing, I expect Zipped to take a look at the votes when he pops in towards EoD like he did on D1 and just randomly comment on the leaders and choose one to vote for.

He did that here too, but he shrugged off Saw, seemed more into my lone vote on Ynnek than her, voted for Faddy, and then switched to TWE (who Saw was voting for) after Faddy claimed.

I just see it as a possible attempt to avoid the Saw train and then to help her out with defense after Faddy claimed because he might have felt pressured to move his vote following that.

Otherwise, not much has stuck out to me about Zipped so far, his opening post today wasn't that great though. I think he's got the right tone for Town Zipped, but he's still on my suspect list here for the above reasons.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why so touchy? I meant if there was something other than the move count that could show that.
I hate repeating myself when I've already provided the information.
....what besides the move count could possibly apply?

Protect: if i can't have aeleus i don't want anyone. Hmph. Maybe ketkat although i don't have much read, just a slight lean.
Investigate: Kyanrute
Kill: Pirate Bae (if scum i'll feel better about terra so no need to inv him)

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
@everyone

How do you feel about Zeke's claim of being a "town-aligned" auctioner role given that one of the prizes lost Ketkat (supposedly) the ability to vote?

I'm bad at reading Zeke. I didn't get town vibes from his claim which was pretty wishy washy. But since we have confirmed auctions it proves at least he wasn't lying in that spot.

Did Zeke say he was an auctioneer or an auction fan? I thought he was a fan that caused the action in whatever room he was in. (Or at least that was the working theory)

I could see him being a neutral and pushing that out there. Having to win x number of auctions or similar.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Hey everyone. I have had a very busy and honestly very emotionally taxing day, but I'm going to try and back into Mafia. I'd really hate to have to sub out after subbing in.

While we're on the topic of bathrooms, if it works as described doesn't it get a bit too powerful late game? We can basically ToS style jail two players per night, which is great for keeping either some confirmed town alive or finding the last scum member

It's possible that Sparks and any other roles like it are a way to counter the room being so powerful, that or it automatically ejects whoever is in it like what happened to wee. XD

How about a round of check/protect/kill BUT!

You can't pick me, Aeleus, TWE, or Fanto.

(this is for everyone)

Protect: Ket
Check: Chuggs
Kill: Bae
@everyone

While I do think it's possible Zeke is actually a neutral, I also think it's very possible that he's a town role because there are bad prizes to be won. If they were all good then it'd be unfair to the scum team since town would always have a chance of winning the items, but by having some items possibly be good and some be bad it's more fair.

If all the prizes were good I would honestly assume that Zeke's role was scum though.

Terrabyte20xx

Oct 25, 2017
How about a round of check/protect/kill BUT!

You can't pick me, Aeleus, TWE, or Fanto.

(this is for everyone)
I've been thinking about my reads from day one for a bit now, the aftermath of the endgame, as well as what people have done so far this day phase.

Protect: Faddy
Investigate: Kyanrute
Kill: Sorian

*Card Subject to Change

Oct 25, 2017
While I do think it's possible Zeke is actually a neutral, I also think it's very possible that he's a town role because there are bad prizes to be won. If they were all good then it'd be unfair to the scum team since town would always have a chance of winning the items, but by having some items possibly be good and some be bad it's more fair.

If all the prizes were good I would honestly assume that Zeke's role was scum though.

Why would this be unfair to the scum team

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
@everyone

Meh, I don't really have much of a read, slightly leaning Town on him, but it's got nothing to do with his claim, that's NAI to me.

And yeah, as others said, he's not the auctioneer, he just attends all the auctions I think.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
@everyone

I could definitely believe it. My theory is that the auctioned items range in how beneficial they could be. Unless I missed something, we only know what one of the items have done. This kinda balances out the role, I think, where Zeke could always be in the running for something cool, but with a bit of risk.

In regards to the Protect/Investigate/Kill: I'm still thinking about some of these, but I'd probably investigae Faddy. Even with his roleclaim, it would give me a second data point to go off and believe his townness.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Oh room stuff

Well since Ket can't vote there's obviously some drawbacks
Yep... and so far we don't know if any of the items do any good, and won't until someone confirms, but even that we won't know for sure.

Do you have any other reads at the moment? Guessing Bae is your Top Scum?

After what happened with Monkey and Sneeks, I'm willing to say for now that Monkey might be town or not her scumpartner at least. I'm still feeling pretty good about Vere for the most part, but like everyone else I need to look over the votes and people's posts now that I've actually caught up.

Out of the main trains yesterday, I'd say TheWorthyEdge might be the least suspicious, as it does look like scum might have been trying to push him instead of the other trains.

Really to me when it comes to looking at the other trains, we have to factor in a few things. For one, roleblocking is a pretty useful scum power to have, so if there was a scummate with a weaker/less useful power, that's the main reason I could see Sneeks and her mates trying to put up someone else as a sacrifice. Mind you in my first game the scumteam let roleblocking Zeke die over goon Oreo so anything's possible.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'll put out a more thorough opinion list in a bit, this dog I'm sitting gets upset if I don't pay attention to her so it may take some time to actually put anything together. XD

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
So I know some people are tired of room discussion, but what if we have a bunch of people in a room Zeke is not in (just one over whatever room he is in I guess so we can still spread people out), and then we can see if Zeke or majority determines which room gets this auction.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep saying I was auto ejected like that has been confirmed?

Wee you make no sense. Apparently you have a day command that resolves at night but that would be impossible if you were in the bathroom, which you were voluntarily. So all that sounds like nonsense to me.

Add that to my suspicions of how you explained your vote.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You change your avatar too much and I don't feel like making a new one of these again:

zbwRAtI.png

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So I know some people are tired of room discussion, but what if we have a bunch of people in a room Zeke is not in (just one over whatever room he is in I guess so we can still spread people out), and then we can see if Zeke or majority determines which room gets this auction.
why tho

what does that actually give us about Zeke's role? We still wouldn't know if it was random or actually caused by Zeke and if he was not town, we couldn't trust anything he said about it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: I don't actually care about Zeke's role or the auctions and I don't think it matters. I expect he's town or neutral and I am not particularly fussed either way.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
why tho

what does that actually give us about Zeke's role? We still wouldn't know if it was random or actually caused by Zeke and if he was not town, we couldn't trust anything he said about it.
It was just a suggestion I was putting out there just to settling some of the stuff that is being discussed. I guess you are right though that we still wouldn't know for sure.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: I don't actually care about Zeke's role or the auctions and I don't think it matters. I expect he's town or neutral and I am not particularly fussed either way.
Or, an addendum: it matters less than many other things. Items may help, we know they can (sorta) hurt, we don't have enough data, why not wait?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, about this auction. There were definitely three items available to bid on, and all I can say for sure is that someone else got the book as the amount I put on it wasn't enough. I received the hot drink item, which ended up not letting me vote for the day, but it is a little interesting that no one else has claimed winning anything. So, they either got something good that they want to keep to themselves or nothing.

I don't think Zeke is the cause of the auctions. They might be tied to a room, but Zeke's role sounds like it would let him participate if he's in a different room.

That's really all I have on that, but I 'won' a minigame at least!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I haven't moved yet today.

Who's hanging out in the Rec Room today? Zeke and Monkey? I'll chill with them!

Move: Rec Room

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Are you not slightly worried that Sawneeks never voted on Zeke. He was very votable at that point.
I find it notable. It is not enough to indicate anything by itself, considering it looked more like she was specifically avoiding trains on you and Terra. Could be avoidance, may be coincidence. Maybe though if we give Zeke space to talk about something besides Mao and auctions though we can figure him out. Chasing info on his role isn't likely to give us much until we know more.

Ket raises a good point but not being able to vote is something you gotta own. If someone did get a vest or something, not something to broadcast.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Bae what do you think of the people voting you right now? Aeleus, Kalor, Sparks?

I know you voted Sparks earlier, do you really think he's Scum here? I honestly don't see Sawneeks focusing on him so much from the beginning and making a partner a topic of discussion, so that's one of the reasons I'm leaning towards Town on him.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Pirate Bae what do you think of the people voting you right now? Aeleus, Kalor, Sparks?

I know you voted Sparks earlier, do you really think he's Scum here? I honestly don't see Sawneeks focusing on him so much from the beginning and making a partner a topic of discussion, so that's one of the reasons I'm leaning towards Town on him.

Honestly, I do.

His EOD switch to Sawneeks screams bus to me, plus he has hardly made any worthwhile contributions of his own and suddenly jumped on Kalor's vote. I've been thinking about the timing and nature of his claim and if wee is telling the truth, it doesn't seem like a town play. I would imagine that scum have some kind of role that manipulates player movement so I'm more inclined to believe he is scum ATM than he is town.

Obviously I'm frustrated with Kalor, but whatever. In hindsight I can see how my vote would be perceived as scummy. Nature of the game, I guess. Had to take a step away so that I wouldn't get mad and say something I'd regret.

I have to see more from Aelus before I make a call on that front. They've been playing it pretty safe so far, which makes me wonder if that's just their playstyle or something else.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I do.

His EOD switch to Sawneeks screams bus to me, plus he has hardly made any worthwhile contributions of his own and suddenly jumped on Kalor's vote. I've been thinking about the timing and nature of his claim and if wee is telling the truth, it doesn't seem like a town play. I would imagine that scum have some kind of role that manipulates player movement so I'm more inclined to believe he is scum ATM than he is town.

Obviously I'm frustrated with Kalor, but whatever. In hindsight I can see how my vote would be perceived as scummy. Nature of the game, I guess. Had to take a step away so that I wouldn't get mad and say something I'd regret.

I have to see more from Aelus before I make a call on that front. They've been playing it pretty safe so far, which makes me wonder if that's just their playstyle or something else.
Also, thoughts on the people that just said they would kill you in their Protect/Investigate/Kill list? Nicole, Wee, Loki?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wee you make no sense. Apparently you have a day command that resolves at night but that would be impossible if you were in the bathroom, which you were voluntarily. So all that sounds like nonsense to me.

Add that to my suspicions of how you explained your vote.
That's how I will be able to parse whether the game runner told the absolute truth.
Bathroom effects take effect AT NIGHT and in the FOLLOWING day phase. What I submitted on day one came back to me, because I was ejected from the bathroom.
Today I will submit something and expect no response on .....er......morning.....3? 4? Not sure. Because it's a test.