• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Aeleus, how's Sparks scoring on your heuristic?
Honestly just this instant reaction to this post by Wee is enough to make me not scum read him even before the claim.
MMMMMMMM

I DISAGREEE MOST WHOLEHEARTEDLY
This is the kind of post I was talking about, it's a very Spark like post but clearly shows he's paying attention to the game and it's posted quick enough to make it obvious it's coming straight from his mouth rather than being a point raised in a scum chat or something. Given the number of people who have disliked wee's post since (I'm one of them though I embarrasingly skimmed it while reading through this morning) this might not be as good of a post as I'd like to think but I still don't think scumSparks is likely to make this kind of post.

The claim is honestly NAI for me, Sparks likes to claim quickly and a role around mechanics is juicy bait so I can see Sparks of either alignment claiming it (assuming it's a scum fake claim and we won't find out who is in each room at the start and end of each day). I think there's also a chance he claimed it to change the conversation relating to him, I believe he still hasn't actually interacted with the discussion around my post so he's clearly uncomfertable with the situation, but I feel like sparks would feel that way regardless of alignment.

Overall I'd give him a slight town read. And thank you everyone by giving me lots of pressure and making me feel like I need to be our resident Sparks expert.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorian Vere laid this out and I thought he made a really good case

I'm not enjoying Terra's content. I usually don't care if you coast but if you're coasting then at least keep it 100 and don't just lob easy pitches.

His first real vote of the day seemed quite opportunistic when public opinion was rallying against Faddy.

The first problem I actually had with Terra was the second post above, where he started with 'Hey' and then directed the statement as a question. This is 1). How you fish for reactions to know if it's an avenue to jump in and start pulling threads and 2). An indication that he wants to move conversation without being the one to do the work. This is especially helpful for scum who don't want to stand out and lead wagons, by just asking innocent questions.

It makes me feel like Ael and Terra likely aren't W/W because that interjection was incredibly random.

And I believe this is self-evident, from the quick turn around from TWE being an easy vote to how he's untrustworthy when he re-appeared and scum read his defenders. That's whiplash. That's low hanging fruit. That's odd. It does make me wonder why TWE mentioned Chuggs' defense while ignoring Terra's?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
still catching up. and waking up.

i get it's D1 but, really? by this post malus' only ''pressure'' on me was an out-of-nowhere vote that he refused to explain for several hours.

Sparks' comment was that he found Kyan to be suspicious with his Cult talk and thought it was a breadcrumb yet didn't vote. If he felt that strongly i didn't see why he just shouldn't vote there. :/

Monkey i even said call me out if you think i was plagiarizing you like, 24 hours ago. :<

i'm sorry we came to the same conclusion??
I did call you out. And your response, instead of anything else, was "call me out." And it isn't that we came to the same conclusion. It's that the only thing you said about Faddy at all was that Faddy came out of it sketch and then otherwise avoided it. What does that lead you to think about Faddy? What reads do you get out of the whole situation? All you did was observe. Well. Okay. What about it?

And malus did follow up with more. You should answer his posts.

I'm amazed that out of everything that's happened, and all you've managed to not say, all you do on apparent catchup is vote TWE. Which is a fine vote on the face but what's your reason for it? Just that there's no reason to keep him? That's your big read of the game? "This one dude out of 26, he could go."

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have reads on Ynnek by the way? I'm getting pinged by his lack of reads and not very substantial posts, and that TWE vote just now feels really weak.

Vote: Ynnek7

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did call you out. And your response, instead of anything else, was "call me out." And it isn't that we came to the same conclusion. It's that the only thing you said about Faddy at all was that Faddy came out of it sketch and then otherwise avoided it. What does that lead you to think about Faddy? What reads do you get out of the whole situation? All you did was observe. Well. Okay. What about it?

And malus did follow up with more. You should answer his posts.

I'm amazed that out of everything that's happened, and all you've managed to not say, all you do on apparent catchup is vote TWE. Which is a fine vote on the face but what's your reason for it? Just that there's no reason to keep him? That's your big read of the game? "This one dude out of 26, he could go."
If we're gonna play the 'assume what they meant and put words in other people's mouth' game then it should be clear what i meant when I said that 'Faddy came out of it as sketch'. It means I think he is scummy. :u

If he did more than that one I didn't see it. You got a link?

Again, still catching up. Half the stuff I saw was already finished a page later and it would've been redundant to bring it back up again. If you read my post to Ket I was going to vote Faddy and bring him up into this train convention we have going on to make people start having hard choices but she beat me to it. Out of the remaining people with 2 votes (TWE and Fanto) I saw no reason to keep TWE and while I personally would not vote out Fanto today. Hence why I didn't vote for him.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Anyone have reads on Ynnek by the way? I'm getting pinged by his lack of reads and not very substantial posts, and that TWE vote just now feels really weak.

Vote: Ynnek7
I defended Ynnek for three days in Maple Street and I'll do it again gosh darn it!

(What I actually mean is do you think he's acting particularly different to how he acted in Maple Street, where he was a cop)

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly just this instant reaction to this post by Wee is enough to make me not scum read him even before the claim.

This is the kind of post I was talking about, it's a very Spark like post but clearly shows he's paying attention to the game and it's posted quick enough to make it obvious it's coming straight from his mouth rather than being a point raised in a scum chat or something. Given the number of people who have disliked wee's post since (I'm one of them though I embarrasingly skimmed it while reading through this morning) this might not be as good of a post as I'd like to think but I still don't think scumSparks is likely to make this kind of post.

The claim is honestly NAI for me, Sparks likes to claim quickly and a role around mechanics is juicy bait so I can see Sparks of either alignment claiming it (assuming it's a scum fake claim and we won't find out who is in each room at the start and end of each day). I think there's also a chance he claimed it to change the conversation relating to him, I believe he still hasn't actually interacted with the discussion around my post so he's clearly uncomfertable with the situation, but I feel like sparks would feel that way regardless of alignment.

Overall I'd give him a slight town read. And thank you everyone by giving me lots of pressure and making me feel like I need to be our resident Sparks expert.

I see all this though and I can think to specific times where Sparks was wildly NOT paying attention at all to the game or the temperature of the room and he was also town there too. I'm not at all deep enough into this game to care about reading Sparks yet but I'd come to the opposite conclusion as you and say he's paying attention more when scum if anything.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I hate day one reads, but since I'm town, I'll indulge you.

Town
Sorian - inquisitive and abrasive, he reads to me like an aggressive townie.
Mao - more gut then anything.
Dr. monkey - makes good posts and keeps a clear head.

Scum
Sparks - erratic and confusing at times. Probably my weakest read that barely is scum primarily due to gut.
Faddy - I feel he reads WAY too much into small details for weird reasons.
Blarg - chaotic without much contribution. Probably need at least one more day phase to really get a grip on him.

Everyone else is in the
middle. Fanto is exactly on the line where I could be convinced to vote him, but not quite "sold" on scum read.

*Card Subject to Change

As for why I shouldn't be voted, my posts are not indicative of my play for the rest of the game. I always suck day one, that's why I hate it so much.

Personally, I would like to vote Faddy as he is my current prime scum ( no, I'm not ultra confident in that), as well as I believe his flip will give us more info to work with on day two than the other current prospects.

How has sorian been inquisitive. He has been nothing but negative throughout the whole game. He hasn't attempted to solve and has thrown out some awfully reasoned scum reads.

Your scum list is like level 1 mafia. Blarg and Sparks aren't really equipped to defend themselves and the 3rd is the person you are voting.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I defended Ynnek for three days in Maple Street and I'll do it again gosh darn it!

(What I actually mean is do you think he's acting particularly different to how he acted in Maple Street, where he was a cop)
You expect me to be able to recall things from Maple Street!?

(I just read back through his D1 there and it seemed like a combination of a lower player count and people prodding him for reads probably led to some better looking content at least in my opinion, but I still think his content in this game doesn't look all too good)

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How has sorian been inquisitive. He has been nothing but negative throughout the whole game. He hasn't attempted to solve and has thrown out some awfully reasoned scum reads.

Your scum list is like level 1 mafia. Blarg and Sparks aren't really equipped to defend themselves and the 3rd is the person you are voting.

If I threw out reasoned reads, you can't say I haven't attempted to solve, you just don't like my solving because you are making mess again.

Likely? I do remember we should have played together once but not the exact game. Maybe Terrabyte20xx knows.
Nope. Guessing this his first game on the site considering his post count and I started playing during the Era era. I've only played with the other Terra

Fair, carry on. This is standard Terra opening faire to me so you don't have my interest.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda torn between terrabyte20xx and the dark horse of a Faddy vote.

From what I can understand Terrabyte20xx fits the typical day 1 read list for mafiera, and faddy has been Cagey.

Aeleus had that one weird post, but we all have that one weird post so they get a pass today in my book.
Ynnek is interesting, I'm not as solid as the Terra vote.
I'm not feeling the sneeks former tie vote.

TWE? Maybe? Kinda like Ynnek, I'm just not even sorta sold, somewhere around there.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If I threw out reasoned reads, you can't say I haven't attempted to solve, you just don't like my solving because you are making mess again.

Fair, carry on. This is standard Terra opening faire to me so you don't have my interest.

YOur reads have incongruant reasoning. Like you are just making stuff up and throwing it out as an accusation rather than being a true reflection of the game.

You did it with me and maol. You did it with Fanto.

There is a reason the people who you have pushed on are against you and it isn't OMGUS. It is because you are talking nonsense. Could you be this wrong as town? Sure.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
wait Terra hasn't played since the old country across the sea? I can see that.

Maybe that bumps Terra down and TWE or ynnek up a bit.

I'll stick my vote on Faddy in the interim.

vote: Faddy

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
oh yeah lets kill faddy

he has been too reasonable

too little memes and shitpost

death to faddy

is what i would like to say but when it comes to this very reasoning neeks seems like the better target

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Looked over Ynnek and I want more from him before I can give a proper opinion on him.

Sneeks hasn't really done anything to really stand out or make me suspicious of her so far... again I feel like I need to see more.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sawneeks - this is every relevant post by you about Faddy.

Faddy gives a mild nin townread; this is your response.
i really cant tell if you're serious with this or not.

This is to Faddy's misread of Aeleus's post:
Now that I'm caught up this extends to @EzekelRAGE as well but I don't see how Aeleus post above is townie. Saying how you meta read people is NAI.

This is the one you say comes out as you scumreading him:
Ok ok, reread the kerfuffle with sorian and faddy, then zeke and maol.

Sorian n Faddy isn't really much alignment-wise since they would fight regardless of their own respective alignments and i don't see much there as a whole. If anything I'd say maaaaybe not w/w but Aeleus has a good point regarding them both. I do think the only interesting point to gleam from the whole thing is Faddy misremembering Aeleus' past roles and thus misreading their initial post. He even does a total flip on Aeleus in this post and then just...leaves it.
EDITORIAL NOTE: IN HERE WAS FADDY'S QUOTE, WITH THE LAST LINE ABOUT POSSIBLE TMI FROM AELEUS HIGHLIGHTED
how ominous.

Note this was STILL Faddy misreading the posts - two misreads which you didn't catch either - and you don't actually say he's scummy. You could be making a joke, a read, just a comment, an observation, nothing at all - because it's sheer summary.

It's nothing.

So tell me - you hadn't voted until just now, or given reads, or anything else, yet you really think everyone was supposed to think you scumread Faddy? Because, ma'am, from reading the whole thread, I do not believe that was a general takeaway from your post. As in it wasn't just me. As in you didn't actually say until pressed into a top wagon. In fact, until that point, you'd said just about nothing at all. Questions are standard Sneeks; questions and pushes are NAI. A lack of positions, though, and a lack of votes, that's curious. As is this attempt to rewrite what wasn't there.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Not really a fan of the top 3 votes right now, I could see myself going for Terra but I'd rather see Saw and Ynnek up there or something instead of Faddy and TWE.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I see all this though and I can think to specific times where Sparks was wildly NOT paying attention at all to the game or the temperature of the room and he was also town there too. I'm not at all deep enough into this game to care about reading Sparks yet but I'd come to the opposite conclusion as you and say he's paying attention more when scum if anything.
Sure I guess. My modern examples are far more charming than your aged, traditional ones.

You expect me to be able to recall things from Maple Street!?

(I just read back through his D1 there and it seemed like a combination of a lower player count and people prodding him for reads probably led to some better looking content at least in my opinion, but I still think his content in this game doesn't look all too good)
You fool! Have you learnt nothing!

(Fair enough, but I still would rather vote somewhere else for now)

Aeleus had that one weird post, but we all have that one weird post so they get a pass today in my book.
What post if you don't mind me asking? Unless you mean that post in which case no you're banned from mentioning it. For life.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
YOur reads have incongruant reasoning. Like you are just making stuff up and throwing it out as an accusation rather than being a true reflection of the game.

You did it with me and maol. You did it with Fanto.

There is a reason the people who you have pushed on are against you and it isn't OMGUS. It is because you are talking nonsense. Could you be this wrong as town? Sure.

I'm definitely finding a grander scheme between you and Maol than there might be but independent of each other, I think you both have been reacting poorly to the smallest things all day. This weird defense from and around Fanto is silly though, you can easily point to his entire day and see that he's just going with the wind on most arguments and whipping out the standard "wouldn't want to lynch X today! They tend to be useful if town!" nonsense.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Note this was STILL Faddy misreading the posts - two misreads which you didn't catch either - and you don't actually say he's scummy. You could be making a joke, a read, just a comment, an observation, nothing at all - because it's sheer summary.

It's nothing.

So tell me - you hadn't voted until just now, or given reads, or anything else, yet you really think everyone was supposed to think you scumread Faddy? Because, ma'am, from reading the whole thread, I do not believe that was a general takeaway from your post. As in it wasn't just me. As in you didn't actually say until pressed into a top wagon. In fact, until that point, you'd said just about nothing at all. Questions are standard Sneeks; questions and pushes are NAI. A lack of positions, though, and a lack of votes, that's curious. As is this attempt to rewrite what wasn't there.

Just to say once my error was pointed out I did re-evaluate Aeleus and the underlying argument.

I agree with Monkey's characterisation of Sawneeks too.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Ynnek seems fine to me so far

faddy has been playing like he normally does and is trying to solve the game, so I probably wouldn't vote there either

between twe and terra...idk.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: Sawneeks

I think I liked TWE more than Terra when they clashed earlier but at the same time they were almost forced to scum read each other with their lives on the line and the other person as a strong alternative (and no good reason to town rread each other)

Sawneeks I think deserves to be in the conversation. Much more than me.

I think I have been pretty solvy even if some of you don't like my conclusions. Tell me why I am wrong rather than just scum read me.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of the vote leaders, not touching Terra. Would move to Faddy easily, would also vote TWE though that's just a boring policy lynch at this point. Saw is a no from me, not exactly seeing whatever is spooking everyone else. Maol is obviously who I'm on and that wagon dies if I move right now so I'll wait a bit.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also, a few interesting (to me) observations about Faddy/Sneeks:

Faddy has mentioned me a ton today. Mostly positive. Very uncharacteristic. Even when we were teammates we fought.

Faddy is currently on TWE, with Sneeks, but agrees with me on a scumread of Sneeks. She also says she's scumreading him (notable; see above).

Faddy agrees with me, but is still on that vote, with Sneeks. Sneeks is scumreading Faddy but has not voted him; she is voting TWE for lulz? wagons? science?

fake edit: goddammit he just moved to Sneeks but I'm posting this anyway

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's nothing.

Then I wasn't as clear as I thought and i'm sorry. I thought i had mentioned something about not liking Faddy's play there. It's been a good minute since I've played :<

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
This is only kind of game related, but does anyone else have issues on mobile when you try to see a person's post history?

I'm able to click the red number and get results for some people, but for others it doesn't do anything.

Seems random for who it works for and not, so I'm wondering if it's just because I'm on the phone.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: Sawneeks

I think I liked TWE more than Terra when they clashed earlier but at the same time they were almost forced to scum read each other with their lives on the line and the other person as a strong alternative (and no good reason to town rread each other)

Sawneeks I think deserves to be in the conversation. Much more than me.

I think I have been pretty solvy even if some of you don't like my conclusions. Tell me why I am wrong rather than just scum read me.

Something something debate me something something

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Going to move my vote shortly, just trying to figure it out. No interest in lynching Terra or Saw.